Sportsound Watch

Aye that’s pish. It’s a bit of a sportsound favourite to lump ‘the fans’ in as one, irrational and I’ll informed group who are driven on sheer emotion. 

It also shows one other major problem with Sportsound - pundits repeatedly sticking up for their mates

22 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's inconsistent with what happens elsewhere in the same structure though, and isn't right. 

Well, it's inconsistent with 50% of what happens elsewhere. Premiership/League Two sides automatically go into the Final of a relegation play off, Championship/League One go into the Semis.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well, it's inconsistent with 50% of what happens elsewhere. Premiership/League Two sides automatically go into the Final of a relegation play off, Championship/League One go into the Semis.

Well no.

The League Two one isn't just within the structure, which is what I said.  It involves a door to and from the SPFL.  The others don't.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye that’s pish. It’s a bit of a sportsound favourite to lump ‘the fans’ in as one, irrational and I’ll informed group who are driven on sheer emotion. 

The fans in the stands huvny kicked a baw though so they canny possibly have a valid opinion beyond knowing the score.

I was in the car during the first half of Dundee St Mirren during the week so stuck BBC Scotland on to keep up with the game. Willie Miller was one of the pundits but I didn’t catch who else was on.

One of them said something along the lines of ‘I heard that Paul McMullans goal last weekend was his FIRST EVER for Dundee in the Premiership, I find that very hard to believe. I don’t know if that’s true or not’. Someone else then chimed in to say he had scored in the League Cup earlier this season, and that he had maybe scored for Dundee United in the Premiership, even though Dundee United played in the Championship when he was there. It was like listening to some old guys in the pub trying to act like they have a clue what they are talking about. 

He did play for Dundee United in the Premiership in the first half of last season, but didn't score.

On 13/03/2022 at 10:16, TheScarf said:

They were talking about The Caley after the game yesterday and how all the fans want Dodds sacked. On comes everyone’s favourite chip shop proprietor who claims that ‘fans don’t analysis the performances all they see is the result and another defeat and want managers sacked’ 

Fucking daft old gimp.

Miller obviously unaware that this doesn't help his pal because not only have our results have rotten for some time but our performances in a lot of these games have been garbage as well. As @Sarto Mutiny says most of the folk on Sportsound are pals with so many managers they are utterly incapable of being objective.

On 13/03/2022 at 10:47, Dons_1988 said:

Except they didn't say "all" at all.

Sorry to let the fact of the matter get in the way of the narrative.

7 minutes ago, sophia said:

Except they didn't say "all" at all.

Sorry to let the fact of the matter get in the way of the narrative.

Well I didn’t hear it. I responded to the specific post of what was said. 

Take your patronising posts elsewhere please. 

Willie Miller said that the SPFL should help Sevco in terms of shifting fixtures to aid them in Europe.

He pauses, then corrected himself and said that the it should the SPL who help Sevco, going on to mention the SPL a few more times.

Jane Lewis: "It keeps this wonderful domestic run going, 31 games unbeaten, now you're six points clear at the top of the league, it puts Rangers under pressure tomorrow?"

Ange Postecoglou: "All of those statements are true, yeah."

Lol

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Chris Iwelumo was a bit of a state today. Only heard him during the first half but appeared to be a step away from offering anyone who disagreed with him a square go.

Strange as he's normally decent on Sportsound.

I think he has decided that his "thing" is outrage at things......any things.

That and telling everyone hes a Celtic fan...........

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

I quite like Postecoglou - the fact he can't be fucked with the Scottish media, and isn't afraid to show it, is tremendous value.

Was it not before the first league game away to Hearts some reporter asked him what he knew of Scottish football and he was like ‘come on mate, I know all about Hearts I’ve not come from another planet’.

On 15/03/2022 at 13:23, kingjoey said:

Oops @IrishBhoy.

Fair enough I will hold my hands up to that. Luckily I’m not getting paid by our national broadcaster to comment on Scottish football though, and what they were saying was still incorrect if he didn’t score a goal with United in the Premiership. 

I was more getting at the comments that usually followed one of their nuggets of wisdom. To say that goal was McMullans first in the Premiership, then follow it up with ‘I don’t actually know if that’s true, I’m sure someone will clear it up’, is pretty amateurish. If your going on national radio to say things like that, a quick check on Wikipedia to confirm wouldn’t go amiss.

Anyone on here could turn up to the Radio Scotland studios and say ‘Yeah I heard during the week that Tony Watt has hit the post 40 times this season, that’s an absolutely remarkable stat, I don’t actually know if it’s true.’ 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Here’s a stat. 

Twice this season Aberdeen have been on a double figure winless run, and twice hibs have then rocked up at pittodrie. 

Don't keep us in suspense...