Sportsound Watch

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

Sportsound team in full on "Jack Ross deserved the cup final" mode.

Only Stuart Kettlewell correctly points out that if he won the cup final, what would they then do - how could they sack him?

I think it was Iwelumo who said that. Agree though, usual circling the wagons and complete disregard for the fans.

Biscuits has just quoted ‘Brad Bobley’ for the job.

3 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

I think it was Iwelumo who said that. Agree though, usual circling the wagons and complete disregard for the fans.

Biscuits has just quoted ‘Brad Bobley’ for the job.

Sorry, you are right about that.

Biscuits is a fandan, I know he has contacts etc but hes been nowhere near on the last few Hibs / Hearts managers, just making stuff up on the hoof.

10 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Sportsound team in full on "Jack Ross deserved the cup final" mode.

Only Stuart Kettlewell correctly points out that if he won the cup final, what would they then do - how could they sack him?

We now have Preston trying to tell us that Chris Mueller signed because Jack Ross asked him. Preston should know that it was Ron G son who brought Mueller to Hibs, ffs.

I normally like Chris Iwelumo but he is just parroting what English says.

I dont have any beef with them having an opinion, but some of this is just shite.

Clearly none of these guys have been watching Hibs if they think "this was too soon".

image.png.bcd75f8cf8b24144a06a73387fe0c28f.png

16 hours ago, Clown Job said:

I do like Chris Iwelumo

Got to disagree, he gets on my tits almost instantly any time I hear him speak.

Comes across as a right good guy, but ive yet to hear him add anything to a football discussion other than the usual clichés or just being stubbornly positive about every player and manager.

6 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Thank f**k that sort of thing only happens in regards to one team.

It was a genuine observation wrt tonight's Sportsound.  That you choose not to agree leaves me baffult and it's a quandary how to get in the head of the average P&B diddy.  Strange, since there's always a lot of space there.

Interesting today that Willie Miller saying that Dundees problems aren’t helped by the antics of Jason Cummings and not part time BBC pundit Charlie Adam. I appreciate Adam I think is injured at the moment but still the back scratching at Sportsound is far too obvious.

Edited by gannonball

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

Willie Miller is fucking murder. Get him into retirement.

Only thing he has talked about in the Arbroath-Inverness game is the wind and poor conditions. Literally nothing else. Imagine being surprised its windy at Gayfield in January.

He should have a look around, he might learn how a chip shop is run.

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

Willie Miller is fucking murder. Get him into retirement.

Only thing he has talked about in the Arbroath-Inverness game is the wind and poor conditions. Literally nothing else. Imagine being surprised its windy at Gayfield in January.

Said the same a couple months back.  He's fucking torture man.  Que the sheep shaggers coming on to defend the boy and spam the thread. 

No matter what game, literally any 2 teams in the league could be playing each other and Willie Miller will say "There's not a lot happening here". Stealing a wage.

Also, his descriptions of match incidents is mental. He can describe an incident and when you get home and actually see it on Sportscene it's invariably not as he described it at all.

He's fucking useless.

2 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

No matter what game, literally any 2 teams in the league could be playing each other and Willie Miller will say "There's not a lot happening here". Stealing a wage.

Also, his descriptions of match incidents is mental. He can describe an incident and when you get home and actually see it on Sportscene it's invariably not as he described it at all.

He's fucking useless.

He's not too bad if being asked his opinions generally but yeah his reporting from matches is pretty dreadful. As has been said if the weather's bad you're lucky to get a couple of reports of incidents per half unless Richard Gordon literally drags it out of him.

Admittedly he does cover Aberdeen games more often than not which are almost routinely dreadful spectacles over the last few years.

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

He's not too bad if being asked his opinions generally but yeah his reporting from matches is pretty dreadful. As has been said if the weather's bad you're lucky to get a couple of reports of incidents per half unless Richard Gordon literally drags it out of him.

Admittedly he does cover Aberdeen games more often than not which are almost routinely dreadful spectacles over the last few years.

When will the BBC get it into their heads that ex-professional footballers have no business as reporters.