Sportsound Watch

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Is he a regular? Or even semi-regular? I don't think I've seen or heard him on the TV or Radio for years. Thought he'd retired to South Africa or something. 

He was in Glasgow for Smith's funeral. He and SAF appear chatting on front page of the Herald last week. Media chats probably good for a few bob for beer money while he's here.

2 minutes ago, House Bartender said:

He was in Glasgow for Smith's funeral. He and SAF appear chatting on front page of the Herald last week. Media chats probably good for a few bob for beer money while he's here.

He said that he was flying over the Atlantic while yesterday’s match was being played, but no idea which side of the Atlantic he was on the phone from. Presumably the U S of A side.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

He said that he was flying over the Atlantic while yesterday’s match was being played, but no idea which side of the Atlantic he was on the phone from. Presumably the U S of A side.

However, he did get the' 150 years history' saying within the interview. All good from big Goughie.

Gough sounded like every Rangers fan I have ever met - Doesnt generally go to Ibrox, Didnt make this game either, Still got a strong opinion on it though, Wants to look after "the fans who left Belfast at 6.30.....................".

vince mcmahon rage GIF by WWE

Tuned in last Friday to get the previews of the QoS-Caley game which they were covering live. Of course, all the discussion was about whether pure magic GvB would make the pure magic Ranjurs even magicker.

Infuriating, but then you switch on on the Saturday at 2pm and you get the same discussion all over again with a fresh panel including a suspiciously enthusiastic Chic 'St Mirren Fan, Aye Right...' Young.

4 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

Tuned in last Friday to get the previews of the QoS-Caley game which they were covering live. Of course, all the discussion was about whether pure magic GvB would make the pure magic Ranjurs even magicker.

Infuriating, but then you switch on on the Saturday at 2pm and you get the same discussion all over again with a fresh panel including a suspiciously enthusiastic Chic 'St Mirren Fan, Aye Right...' Young.

Well, theres your first mistake.

I'm actually surprised the commentary in the game itself didnt just descend into a 45 minute discussion about GvB.

Its sadly all very predictable because all they really ever want to talk about is the Old Firm because its easy and they have to work for their opinions. Most of them are work-shy b*****ds who turn their nose up at having to do research for games like QoS v Caley.

Listened to most of the Livvy - Hearts game yesterday while walking the dog.  Very impressed by all involved. First time I’ve heard Craig Easton as a co-commentator and he was excellent. Didn’t seem nervous and was keen to chip in with his thoughts like a veteran commentator. Michael Stewart was his usual knowledgeable self eg he identified within a few minutes of the game starting exactly why the Hearts line-up and formation was contributing to Livvy dominating the first half. He also called Haring being brought on before it happened. And Paul Mitchell showed why he’s probably the best radio commentator. Described the action well enough to let the listener know what was happening.....in contrast to the likes of Rob McLean who seems to forget that he’s not always on TV when the audience can see the action.  It also helped immeasurably that the commentators clearly knew the players on both teams , unlike , for instance , Pat Bonner 

21 hours ago, A96 said:

It also helped immeasurably that the commentators clearly knew the players on both teams , unlike , for instance , Pat Bonner 

This.

It infuriates me that ex-pros making good money to analyse a couple of games a week clearly cant be arsed doing the slightest bit of research on whatever team/players/coaches they are commenting on.

At least The Terrace guys jump on the match and club threads here to get a fan's gauge on whats going on when they do their podcasts.

Sportsound team in full on "Jack Ross deserved the cup final" mode.

Only Stuart Kettlewell correctly points out that if he won the cup final, what would they then do - how could they sack him?

We now have Preston trying to tell us that Chris Mueller signed because Jack Ross asked him. Preston should know that it was Ron G son who brought Mueller to Hibs, ffs.

I normally like Chris Iwelumo but he is just parroting what English says.

I dont have any beef with them having an opinion, but some of this is just shite.

Clearly none of these guys have been watching Hibs if they think "this was too soon".