Sportsound Watch

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Loads of other teams have also had multiple suspensions, more than us in fact. Clearly the rule is not fit for purpose and only a stubborn backwards thinker like Miller would think "don't get booked" is the solution.

The rule has been there for ages. I’m not sure what bit of  “don’t get booked” you disagree with. It’s a bit like when a player gets booked incorrectly, picks up a justifiable second booking and is sent off, and people complain that he didn’t deserve to get sent off because the first booking wasn’t warranted. No, once you get the first booking, do not do something to get a second.

20 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The rule has been there for ages. I’m not sure what bit of  “don’t get booked” you disagree with. It’s a bit like when a player gets booked incorrectly, picks up a justifiable second booking and is sent off, and people complain that he didn’t deserve to get sent off because the first booking wasn’t warranted. No, once you get the first booking, do not do something to get a second.

That's within the context of a single match, not a 10 match group stage. Nobody would suggest that you shouldn't be sent off for two yellow cards. However, stonewalling an entirely reasonable and sensible discussion about the two yellows for a suspension rule (something which has been changed in most domestic and European competition) with an inane point like that contributes exactly nothing.

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

So does the fish supper community up in the NE. 

What is the "fish supper community"?  Do you mean people who eat fish suppers?  If you're going to roll out the tired old "he cannae fry fish!" patter, at least make it understandable.   

Miller is neither the best nor the worst pundit on the wireless.  He's also a bona fide Scottish fitba ledge, so have some fkin respect you c***s.  

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Didn't he famously run a failed fish and chip shop?

Yes, that's a fairly well known fact.  Hence the "he cannae fry fish!" patter I referred to.  

I'm still no clearer on what a "fish supper community" is, though.  

2 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Willie Miller is rather average as far as Sportsound goes. There are worse, but that's not exactly praise.

Surely Aberdeen fans must take a look at this thread and, realising its only them backing him to the hilt, concede they're guilty of massive bias.

It’s been covered on this thread many times. 

I can see why he irks people, he can be overly negative about games and his “all we’re big clubs back in the league” schtick can be grating but I genuinely think when he talks about football alone he’s not a bad pundit at all. 

I am biased but I’d say bonner, Preston, Dodds and others are far worse and just give me a headache listening to their fucking dribble. 

47 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s been covered on this thread many times. 

I can see why he irks people, he can be overly negative about games and his “all we’re big clubs back in the league” schtick can be grating but I genuinely think when he talks about football alone he’s not a bad pundit at all. 

I am biased but I’d say bonner, Preston, Dodds and others are far worse and just give me a headache listening to their fucking dribble. 

I rarely listen to Sportsound these days, maybe only returning from matches, but when I do catch it I find that Miller has some decent thoughts.................and also has some "old school" ideas, perhaps not surprising due to his age. 

When I have heard him and Michael Stewart discuss issues it comes across as sensible...................unfortunately, Sportsound often then introduces a clueless spoon like those in bold to give their "well thought out" input.

Willie Miller is our version of Mark Lawrenson. Sounds like he doesn't want to be there. After the Israel game it was as if he was going out his way to bring the mood down when he was going on about Dykes leg being straight, high with studs showing. Who cares 😴

There's a few that shouldn't be on the show though.

14 hours ago, craigkillie said:

That's within the context of a single match, not a 10 match group stage. Nobody would suggest that you shouldn't be sent off for two yellow cards. However, stonewalling an entirely reasonable and sensible discussion about the two yellows for a suspension rule (something which has been changed in most domestic and European competition) with an inane point like that contributes exactly nothing.

Thanks for your input.

2 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Willie Miller is our version of Mark Lawrenson. Sounds like he doesn't want to be there. After the Israel game it was as if he was going out his way to bring the mood down when he was going on about Dykes leg being straight, high with studs showing. Who cares 😴

There's a few that shouldn't be on the show though.

I know what you’re saying about Miller pissing on the nation’s chips about that decision, but to be fair I was surprised when we got that decision. And I’d rather our broadcasters hold their hands up when we get the rub of the green, unlike the wankers down south who bang on constantly about diving until Raheem Sterling clearly does it against Denmark and then decide that it was a penalty regardless of there being f**k all contact. 

Edited by Junior_Arab