Sportsound Watch

17 hours ago, ropy said:

I was unaware of Charlie Adams sister’s pants but he has done a fine job of promoting them.

I mind Dunfermline fans had a chant similar for Lyle Taylor, only issue being is he doesn’t have a sister.

Pat Bonner on form on last night’s Sportsound podcast. Before Richard Gordon put him right in informing Bonner that Qarabag have now qualified for the group stages of various European competitions for eight seasons in a row, he said “imagine losing to a team from Azerbaijan.” 

15 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Pat Bonner on form on last night’s Sportsound podcast. Before Richard Gordon put him right in informing Bonner that Qarabag have now qualified for the group stages of various European competitions for eight seasons in a row, he said “imagine losing to a team from Azerbaijan.” 

He did well getting Azerbaijan right.

13 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Celtic in the same group as Bayern Munich apparently, so says Jane Lewis anyway 

Another stellar performance 

Jane Lewis succinctly sums up everything wrong with BBC Scotland and their sport output.

Disgraceful Sportsound last night. On a day when Hearts signed a player, Motherwell signed a player, Aberdeen signed one the night before and one on the day, absolutely no mention of them. However, they did have time to speak for three or four minutes on Leigh Griffiths potential move from Celtic and about 10 minutes on Ronaldo’s potential move to Manchester United and even had a phone interview with some Italian journalist about it. Even for Sportsound it was unbelievable.

Why do you guys put yourself through it?

It does not perform its main function; namely to inform/educate/entertain supporters from right across Scottish football. In fact it actually makes you unhappy. So turn it off, like you would do for Hollyoaks or Love Island or whatever.

Or is this a case of...

Maybe I like the misery.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Why do you guys put yourself through it?

It does not perform its main function; namely to inform/educate/entertain supporters from right across Scottish football. In fact it actually makes you unhappy. So turn it off, like you would do for Hollyoaks or Love Island or whatever.

Or is this a case of...

Maybe I like the misery.

The reason I listen is that I take in as much stuff on Scottish football as I can. If there's any Scottish match on the TV I'll watch it if I'm available. I've even been known to listen in to the Superscoreboard podcast if I'm at a loose end. Plus I like a good moan as I'm a grumpy old b*****d. 

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

The reason I listen is that I take in as much stuff on Scottish football as I can. If there's any Scottish match on the TV I'll watch it if I'm available. I've even been known to listen in to the Superscoreboard podcast if I'm at a loose end. Plus I like a good moan as I'm a grumpy old b*****d. 

There's also the forlorn hope that they might also produce a half decent programme for once

Yesterday:
Gordon 'now over to Lianne Chrichton for a big game in the Champioship'.
Chrichton rabbits on for minutes about the weather and that both teams will be up for it etc etc. Eventually she mentions Kilmarnock and as she hands back to Gordon he has to say she is at Rugby Park for Killie v ICT. Something she failed to mention throughout her preview.

2 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Yesterday:
Gordon 'now over to Lianne Chrichton for a big game in the Champioship'.
Chrichton rabbits on for minutes about the weather and that both teams will be up for it etc etc. Eventually she mentions Kilmarnock and as she hands back to Gordon he has to say she is at Rugby Park for Killie v ICT. Something she failed to mention throughout her preview.

I heard that. 

I’d put more of the blame there on Richard Gordon because it’s up to the presenter to say something like “to Rugby Park now where Leanne Crichton will be watching Kilmarnock against Inverness Caley Thistle”.

It’s just another consequence of “Open All Mics” being less of a scores and results service, and more of a chat amongst old pals that happens to be broadcast on the radio. 

1 minute ago, Boghead ranter said:

Anyone catch Packie Bonner today justifying that Celtic's defeat was a 'good' one?

Reason being that "Celtic now know which areas of their team isn't good enough".

Well Bonner was a born loser so I guess he's just continuing that mentality?

I heard that. 
I’d put more of the blame there on Richard Gordon because it’s up to the presenter to say something like “to Rugby Park now where Leanne Crichton will be watching Kilmarnock against Inverness Caley Thistle”.
It’s just another consequence of “Open All Mics” being less of a scores and results service, and more of a chat amongst old pals that happens to be broadcast on the radio. 

If Crichton genuinely spent that amount of time talking without the context pointing out where she was (eg discussion of players, results etc), then I'd say she deserves the blame.

Was interesting to hear Willie Miller talking about Aberdeen’s new signings and commenting that ‘he had no idea of their style’, but that Longstaff ‘had scored a couple in the Premier League’. This was, apparently, a justification for why he was surprised they both started.

I mean, the guy is literally only there to talk about Aberdeen - some minor research surely wouldn’t be beyond him.