Jump to content

Recommended Posts

This is a rhetorical question. Has Chick Young ever been on air anywhere, anytime, and not mentioned Walter Smith?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listening to the podcast when they had Mulgrew in and Young really is insufferable. He adds no insight at any point when he's on and more often than not just talks about himself or how great a friend he is to various ex players and managers.

Edited by Rodhull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Listening to the podcast when they had Mulgrew in and Young really is insufferable. He adds no insight at any point when he's on and more often than not just talks about himself or how great a friend he is to various ex players and managers.

Him and his shite anecdotes ruin just about every conversation. They could be talking about the footballing abilities of [insert legendary player] and he’d insist on telling the story of the time he reported at a game and [insert legendary player] walked past him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I really do" 

Once heard, can subsequently never be unheard.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear oh dear. Tom & Doddsy have no idea where Brechin will be relegated to. No clue that they can’t *choose* the Lowland League. Rambling that the travel will be so much worse in the HFL than League Two (not true).

Classic Doddsy line : “Diz that meen thit Breekin will be plyin’ teams like.....Keith???? Surely no.”

It’s been said before but the programme urgently needs someone with at least some clue about the lower leagues. The current staff could not give a single f**k, and it’s not really on.

English just managed to stop himself from saying that he hoped “Breekin” would go down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Dear oh dear. Tom & Doddsy have no idea where Brechin will be relegated to. No clue that they can’t *choose* the Lowland League. Rambling that the travel will be so much worse in the HFL than League Two (not true).

Classic Doddsy line : “Diz that meen thit Breekin will be plyin’ teams like.....Keith???? Surely no.”

It’s been said before but the programme urgently needs someone with at least some clue about the lower leagues. The current staff could not give a single f**k, and it’s not really on.

English just managed to stop himself from saying that he hoped “Breekin” would go down.

Prefer “Breekin” to a Gordon Ramsay-esque “Breh-chin” any day of the week tbf. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Dear oh dear. Tom & Doddsy have no idea where Brechin will be relegated to. No clue that they can’t *choose* the Lowland League. Rambling that the travel will be so much worse in the HFL than League Two (not true).

Classic Doddsy line : “Diz that meen thit Breekin will be plyin’ teams like.....Keith???? Surely no.”

It’s been said before but the programme urgently needs someone with at least some clue about the lower leagues. The current staff could not give a single f**k, and it’s not really on.

English just managed to stop himself from saying that he hoped “Breekin” would go down.

They barely give a shit about the Premiership. They only care about it in the context of two clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently the Kelty Hearts manager is 'one of the biggest stars of Scottish football of recent years'.

Edited by DA Baracus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

"Barry Ferguson could have gone anywhere for his first managerial job but he chose Kelty."

As much as we all wish Clyde FC didn't exist...

That "he could have chosen a bigger club" comment. Aye, Barry fucking Ferguson could just turn up at the door of all but two clubs in the country and have boards throwing themselves at his feet begging him to be their manager.

Even by Sportsound's tragic standards that was an absolutely embarrassing listen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

"Barry Ferguson could have gone anywhere for his first managerial job but he chose Kelty."

As much as we all wish Clyde FC didn't exist...

I cringe everytime Derek Ferguson is on, just sounds like a thick ned  (I wonder why?) and their love for Bazza plus pushing for Lewis Ferguson to get into the Scottish team and transferred to The Rangers. ps no agenda here, Falkirk fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

"Barry Ferguson could have gone anywhere for his first managerial job but he chose Kelty."

As much as we all wish Clyde FC didn't exist...

Pretty sure he was also player manager at Blackpool too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Pretty sure he was also player manager at Blackpool too.

He was for 3/4 of a season when Blackpool were a basket case off the pitch.

I love Derek Ferguson’s enthusiasm in commentary but don’t bother with his wider opinions. I’m just relying on Brechin’s stream for the game. 

Sportsound’s attempts at informed commentary on this have been like listening to a flock of geese discuss astrophysics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

.Sportsound’s attempts at informed commentary on this have been like listening to a flock of geese discuss astrophysics.

Honking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

They barely give a shit about the Premiership. They only care about it in the context of two clubs.

Sorry , you forgot about english and a certain Embra ( copyright ? ) team

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

"Barry Ferguson could have gone anywhere for his first managerial job but he chose Kelty."

As much as we all wish Clyde FC didn't exist...

Shocking Sportsound ( lack of ) knowledge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brechins closest game next season will be over 50 miles away apparently 

As opposed to this season when it was 70 miles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Brechins closest game next season will be over 50 miles away apparently 

As opposed to this season when it was 70 miles. 

..which has a big impact on Wick Academy's travels. Hope that got a mention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, House Bartender said:

..which has a big impact on Wick Academy's travels. Hope that got a mention.

It doesn't really though does it? Once a season they will have to travel half an hour further than they did when Cove were in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...