Sportsound Watch

On 14/08/2021 at 14:44, kingjoey said:

When you have David Currie as the presenter you are on a loser before the programme starts. After the Aberdeen match on Thursday I got back to my car at about 9.50 and listened until the programme finished at 10.30. Not once did Currie run through the four scores of the Scottish teams that night. I picked up the Celtic and Hibs scores from the interviews of the two managers, but had no idea what the final score at Perth was until I got home. Richard Gordon will read out all of the scores a few times after all the matches are finished and certainly just before the show ends. How does David Currie continue to be used as a sports presenter?

Is the correct answer because he is a knowledgeable an reliable broadcaster with an easy going manner and an enchanting turn of phrase?

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Doesn't seem to be on tonight.

The chipping away at budgets means that evenings without games will allow Bryan Burnett to get on all the options. Long gone are the various magazine programmes that filled the hours.

Monday seem to be the exception and for me, that remains an entertaining listen.

15 minutes ago, sophia said:

The chipping away at budgets means that evenings without games will allow Bryan Burnett to get on all the options. Long gone are the various magazine programmes that filled the hours.

Monday seem to be the exception and for me, that remains an entertaining listen.

That a man receiving tweets on what people are having for their tea is the prime evening show on the national broadcaster at least shows that the BBCs contempt for their audience isn't confined to football coverage 

7 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

That a man receiving tweets on what people are having for their tea is the prime evening show on the national broadcaster at least shows that the BBCs contempt for their audience isn't confined to football coverage 

Venison meatballs (Highland Game). Decent 👍

36 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I'm going to go ahead and assume the song you are requesting is Rip it Up by Orange Juice as that seems to be the only song ever requested.

I had beef stir fry

I fucking hate Bryan Burnett btw. He’s a p***k because on one show (songs that mention unusual professions) I sent in Free Electric Band by Albert Hammond (mentions a civil engineer) and he laughed saying that wasn’t unusual for a song.

Fucking silly ex Northsound c**t. 

31 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I fucking hate Bryan Burnett btw. He’s a p***k because on one show (songs that mention unusual professions) I sent in Free Electric Band by Albert Hammond (mentions a civil engineer) and he laughed saying that wasn’t unusual for a song.

I went through a spell of listening to this a few years ago, quite enjoyed it but let the sportsound boys get in the way and haven’t been back.  Now don’t listen to either, been listening to a 10 CD box set of Bob Marley and have felt quite at peace with things.

8 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I love that song.

9 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I know he's box office but always giving Lennon a soapbox to make excuses for last season is getting a bit much

box office ? i think he'll start getting shifts as a pundit, because no one is hiring him as a manager