Sportsound Watch

25 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Given the publicity this incident has all over Europe, which is great for highlighting racism in its sporting form, surely Michael Stewart’s position with BBC Scotland is now untenable ?

Yeah, you’d imagine they’ll be looking at it but I don’t know if anything will happen.

He has probably got enough wriggle room to spin it one way or another so we’ll see.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Yeah, you’d imagine they’ll be looking at it but I don’t know if anything will happen.

He has probably got enough wriggle room to spin it one way or another so we’ll see.

Probably a forced apology and that's that.

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

He’s going on Sportscene tonight, so there’s your answer.

A lot of people won’t agree, but Michael Stewart playing a stormer today by saying that not only do UEFA have to get their house in order regarding racism, but Scotland need to stop sweeping things under the carpet, obviously referring to sectarianism without saying it.

I really like Michael Stewart as a pundit, his tendency to go for full on attention seeker from time to time is grating. He'd be one of the best if he cut out the Chris Sutton/Craig Burley style that he veers into at all the wrong times.

The supporters of Sevco are using the racism card to push their agenda against Michael Stewart and attempt to get him sacked from the BBC.

Absolutely disgusting that they are abusing such an important issue in that way.

Meanwhile the BBC seems to be using racism to put pressure on UEFA to reinstate Sevco into the Europa League.

How can we ever eradicate racism from the game when people use as a way to push their own agendas?

3 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

The supporters of Sevco are using the racism card to push their agenda against Michael Stewart and attempt to get him sacked from the BBC.

Absolutely disgusting that they are abusing such an important issue in that way.

Meanwhile the BBC seems to be using racism to put pressure on UEFA to reinstate Sevco into the Europa League.

How can we ever eradicate racism from the game when people use as a way to push their own agendas?

This isn't about Sevco, my best advice is for you to watch the video of Kamara and the Sparta player and look at the reactions.  Criticism of Michael Stewart's comments from last night has been pretty unanimous.

There's usually plenty of things to criticise Rangers/fans for, this isn't one of them. 

This is the same Michael Stewart who, last summer, drew an equivalence between statues of slave owners and the statue of the Duke of Sutherland. It was tasteless and tone deaf.

This incident wasn't really the time or place to keep with his "Look at me! I'm a contrarian!" shtick.

Edited by yoda

1 hour ago, bennett said:

This isn't about Sevco, my best advice is for you to watch the video of Kamara and the Sparta player and look at the reactions.  Criticism of Michael Stewart's comments from last night has been pretty unanimous.

There's usually plenty of things to criticise Rangers/fans for, this isn't one of them. 

I'm in no doubt the Czech player's comments were abhorrent. However, Stewart was interviewed during the match and said that we shouldn't jump to conclusions although I believe he now accepts that racist language was used. He tried to offer the player a fair hearing although in this case it was probably misjudged.

I'm tempted to say I'd ban the Czech player for life for what he said but that might not be addressing the issue.

However, your club's support do not like Stewart and all this, what I believe, is mock outrage from many of these fans in order to get him sacked is ludicrous from a club with it's history and heritage. It's the typical Sevco/Oldco tools of mob rule and threats to all those that disagree.

We then have their propagandists for Sevco on BBC, primarily Kenny McIntyre, interviewing managers for a league match not involving Sevco and the first two or three questions is regarding the events on Thursday.

I'm sick of it, if we want to have serious conversations about eradicating racism from society then lets do it, I'm all for it because it sickens me, but let it not be led by Sevco, their support  or their pandering puppets at the BBC.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

1 minute ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I'm in no doubt the Czech player's comments were abhorrent. However, Stewart was interviewed during the match and said that we shouldn't jump to conclusions although I believe he now accepts that racist language was used. I'm tempted to say I'd ban the Czech player for life for what he said but that might that might not be addressing the issue.

However, your club's support do not like Stewart and all this, what I believe, is mock outrage from many of these fans in order to get him sacked is ludicrous from a club with it's history and heritage. It's the typical Sevco/Oldco tools of mob rule and threats to all those that disagree.

We then have their propagandists for Sevco on BBC, primarily Kenny McIntyre, interviewing managers for a league match not involving Sevco and the first two or three questions is regarding the events on Thursday.

I'm sick of it, if we want to have serious conversations about eradicating racism from society then lets do it, I'm all for it because it sickens me, but let it not be led by Sevco or their pandering puppets at the BBC.

Last few days have really been an eye-opener as to just how many people are fundamentally unserious about racism if it means they can't have a pop at a football club they don't like.

Incredibly dispiriting.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Last few days have really been an eye-opener as to just how many people are fundamentally unserious about racism if it means they can't have a pop at a football club they don't like.

Incredibly dispiriting.

I'm serious about getting rid of all hate-filled venom from our streets which includes racism but I don't believe the supporters of your club have the best intentions here...

3 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I'm serious about getting rid of all hate-filled venom from our streets which includes racism but I don't believe the supporters of your club have the best intentions here...

Complete clown.