Sportsound Watch

Stuart McCall, covering Sevco vs Saints,  hadn’t a fucking clue who any Saints player was.

“St Mirren have made a change. McGrath has gone off and er...Hold on, I wrote the lads name down hold on a piece of paper...let me check...I’ve got it here...the boy Flynn has come on.”

I know they don’t really give a f**k about the other 40 clubs, but at least put a modicum of effort in to looking at both teams, at the very least have the team lines in front of you.

10 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Awkward silence as they wait for Pat Bonner to realise that the orange smoke bombs on 55 minutes might not be from Dundee United fans...

You could hear the cogs creaking...

”So you’re telling me dat dere’s Dundee United fans wanting Rangers to win....?” 

On 06/03/2021 at 16:23, VictorOnopko said:
On 06/03/2021 at 16:11, DA Baracus said:

I get that it probably is a shite game, but the Morton vs Ayr game deserves more of a half time report than "Nil nil".

Unfunny and just shows their contempt for anything outside of the Premiership.

Even just a couple of lines about why the game is so poor would be better. Are both teams nullifying each other? Are both teams just sitting back and asking the other to attack? Are they both playing ineffective long ball so the midfield aren't getting a chance to do anything?

Chick was trying to be funny.  He's a more genuine wage thief than any player who has ever set foot in the Scottish game.

Meanwhile, it was easy to work out who the penalty at Tynecastle was for - "Biscuits" sounded like someone had just died.

Saturday was the first time I've listened to the show for a good hour rather than catching a few odd minutes. These two kill the format. Chick took his trademark sarky, spoilt attitude beloved by no one and was personally affronted that two teams battling at the bottom of the Championship were not delivering a goalfest. 

Allan "tragic nickname" Preston continually derailed the show through his inane clubhouse patter and rudely interrupting colleagues' goal reports with unnecessary substitution/half-chance roars in his horrific Scrappy-Doo voice.

Two charmless, unprofessional, obsolete people who'd have been shown the door years ago if there was any accountability or pride in the production.  

17 minutes ago, ThomCat said:

Saturday was the first time I've listened to the show for a good hour rather than catching a few odd minutes. These two kill the format. Chick took his trademark sarky, spoilt attitude beloved by no one and was personally affronted that two teams battling at the bottom of the Championship were not delivering a goalfest. 

Allan "tragic nickname" Preston continually derailed the show through his inane clubhouse patter and rudely interrupting colleagues' goal reports with unnecessary substitution/half-chance roars in his horrific Scrappy-Doo voice.

Two charmless, unprofessional, obsolete people who'd have been shown the door years ago if there was any accountability or pride in the production.  

Yup.  The Sportsound team isn't exactly stellar, but if they ditched Chick and Preston (well, OK, let's add Bonner too) then the programme would be significantly more listenable.  I wonder if anyone at the BBC ever does performance appraisals on these goons?  It seems they have jobs for life - which is bad news for us listeners.

31 minutes ago, ThomCat said:

Wonder how many of the players involved in the substitutions are clients of Preston?

I think a comedy panel show entitled "Along Came Bonner" should be pitched to BBC Scotland.  Just various statements followed by the shows title. eg:

"After years of struggle to finally eradicate the vile racist 'thick Irishman' trope from Scottish society .....Along Came Bonner."

I like how they just get ex-players on who just spout mindless drivel about the clubs they support all the time.  It's the worst combination - thick ex players who don't dare criticise the club they support in case they don't get invited to the end of season awards dinner-dance.

It's the same with Sky employing Rangers fanatic Kris Boys to cover Rangers games. Making it basically Rangers TV with his comments and bias.

4 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

Yup.  The Sportsound team isn't exactly stellar, but if they ditched Chick and Preston (well, OK, let's add Bonner too) then the programme would be significantly more listenable.  I wonder if anyone at the BBC ever does performance appraisals on these goons?  It seems they have jobs for life - which is bad news for us listeners.

It certainly wouldn't go amiss; though I wouldn't envy the reviewers:

Willie Miller: "I've been on Sportsound for twelfty years I think I'm right in saying, Richard. Richard! Where's Richard?"

""BISCUITS"" : HUNG OAN AH'VE GOT TAE TEXT TAM AND STU MA 'TRAVEL ADAPTER YOU'LL NEVER FORGET' STORY!

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I like how they just get ex-players on who just spout mindless drivel about the clubs they support all the time.  It's the worst combination - thick ex players who don't dare criticise the club they support in case they don't get invited to the end of season awards dinner-dance.

It's the same with Sky employing Rangers fanatic Kris Boys to cover Rangers games. Making it basically Rangers TV with his comments and bias.

John Collins is  celtic's new director of football

How much would you pay for a Sportsound Watch?

I imagine it with Richard Gordon's face at the centre. His wee arms would be the minute and hour hands pointing to the individual faces of the Open All Mic pundits arrayed around the clockface instead of numbers.

Open All Mic's is superb.

Sportsound: Listen.

Maurice Ross spent a couple of minutes defending the conduct of Rangers fans at the weekend, then denied that he had. He always sounds as if he’s about 5 seconds away from thumping the nearest person to him for daring to ask him a question.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Levein making a c**t of himself tonight?

Apparently so 

( ruining his chances in the other thread !? )

Surely Levein has broken the BBC ' s impartiality code !

Was there not a disclaimer afterwards ?

Edited by ewan14