Sportsound Watch

Pat Bonner thinks that his team should get their new ceo starting immediately without the faintest idea that he has a notice period to work in his current job. I would say I'm surprised at his lack of knowledge about how the real world works but that would be a lie. Fud.

28 minutes ago, microdave said:

Pat Bonner thinks that his team should get their new ceo starting immediately without the faintest idea that he has a notice period to work in his current job. I would say I'm surprised at his lack of knowledge about how the real world works but that would be a lie. Fud.

Makes sense if celtic were willing to pay the rugby association. 

3 hours ago, Ric said:

45 minutes into the build up and not a single mention of any teams other than Rangers or Celtic, one of which aren't even playing today.

That's pretty fucking shocking.

Been the same for a long time.

I never bother with their pish after 14.00 until about 14.45. The only exceptions are when I know they'll discuss other things, like the leagues being stopped and the court cases over the summer.

12 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

15 minutes to St Johnstone.

40 minutes given to Celtic management.

Absolute disgrace.

They don’t have the knowledge to speak about St Johnstone for 40 minutes without sounding like clueless idiots or repeatedly making the same points. They don’t have that problem when it’s comes to the Old Firm. 

26 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Absolute disgrace.

Yeah but they want competition for the Glasgow clubs.......don't they?

Ho ho ho

After this week they can all get back to chugging over Rangers until Celtic do something interesting.

Could Sportsound pundits spend a little time exploring the extraordinary revelation that St Johnstone are the same sort of size as Falkirk and Partick Thistle, that our support is dreadful and that we don't really deserve the success we've had recently? This isn't mentioned enough IMO, especially the day after our cup success.

Edit – oh they mentioned it? Sorry, I must have missed that between the all those bits about Celtic.

Edited by Mr Heliums

Is it just my imagination or is Daryl Broadfoot (along with Ian Maxwell) one of the most slopely shouldered arseholes in Scottish football? 

Something, something............. Difference between UEFA and Scottish Government protocols. 

Referee and assistants abroad f**k all to do with us. 

2 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Absolute disgrace.

I for one am gobsmacked and utterly surprised at this.  I expected St Johnstone would merit 5 minutes only. 

It would be no exaggeration to say that this season Sportsound has spent 60% of their time covering Celtic and Lennon. 30% Rangers and Gerrard and 5% on Aberdeen and Hibs. That leaves less than 5% on the other 8 clubs in the top flight. Let that sink in. 

A meteorite could level A Hamilton Accies v St Mirren game (wishful thinking) and they would start the programme by saying what a shame it was before immediately turning to the Q of who should be new Celtic Manager and whether they should wear a suit or trackie. The last part taking up 45 minutes with a special fashion segment from Packy Bonner. 

They just don’t care about any club with a fan base of less than 10,000. 

Edited by welldaft

John Collins on last night’s show talking about football academies. “Celtic are the Scottish equivalent of Ajax.” Ajax fill their team with their football academy players year after year and sell them on for millions of Euros. Celtic have Kieran Tierney.

15 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

John Collins on last night’s show talking about football academies. “Celtic are the Scottish equivalent of Ajax.” Ajax fill their team with their football academy players year after year and sell them on for millions of Euros. Celtic have Kieran Tierney.

Also who have Celtic actually produced for their first team recently? 

Tierney, yes. Forrest was a while ago. McGregor a bit more recently. But who else? Hardly a conveyor belt of talent.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Also who have Celtic actually produced for their first team recently? 

Tierney, yes. Forrest was a while ago. McGregor a bit more recently. But who else? Hardly a conveyor belt of talent.

Absolutely, and the thing is that Ajax produce youngsters, sell them on, and then produce more. Celtic don’t produce anyone that has any market value, apart from Keiran Tierney.