Sportsound Watch

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Apparently we're all to give a f**k about Lawwell leaving. They genuinely seem to think fans of any team other than Celtic care.

You'd think the guy was some of universally beloved figure who had just died the way they're going on about him.

Celtic fan in the works canteen yesterday morning shouted over to me just as I sat down ‘Have you heard the news about Lawwell?’. I just glanced up as an acknowledgment and said nothing. There’s very few things I could care less about than the Chief Executive of Celtic standing down. 

OAM at its best there, as Chick Young describes a goal for Alloa as "astonishing" multiple times, before finally admitting he never actually saw it.
The fact he wasn't watching shows how astonishing it was. Pretty much half way line free kick and then in the net.

52 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I said on the terrible journalism thread that anger should be directed towards the bbc. 

An hour before kick off on a Saturday and they don’t even want to talk about football. A boardroom matter at Celtic is deemed more of a worthy discussion. 

Off the top of my head I can think of plenty of things far more worthy of discussion:

- The League 1 and 2 suspension (there's so many aspects of this to talk about as well)

- The Scottish Cup problem 

- Martindale's 'fit and proper' SFA case

- Managers under pressure (Dyer, McInnes, Mellon)

- Transfer news and rumours across the top two leagues

- Today's games

51 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Celtic fan in the works canteen yesterday morning shouted over to me just as I sat down ‘Have you heard the news about Lawwell?’. I just glanced up as an acknowledgment and said nothing. There’s very few things I could care less about than the Chief Executive of Celtic standing down. 

Celtic and Sevco fans really think we care about them.

43 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

OAM at its best there, as Chick Young describes a goal for Alloa as "astonishing" multiple times, before finally admitting he never actually saw it.

Remember that time 5 or so years back when Chick said he was retiring, and the BBC broadcast a farewell series of him reminiscing about his career? 

If only he really had packed it in then rather than reappearing at the start of the following season as though nothing had happened, like a pound shop George Costanza.

1 hour ago, VictorOnopko said:

Remember that time 5 or so years back when Chick said he was retiring, and the BBC broadcast a farewell series of him reminiscing about his career? 

If only he really had packed it in then rather than reappearing at the start of the following season as though nothing had happened, like a pound shop George Costanza.

He topped it later by demanding that credit be given to St Mirren as they went 2-1 up.

While it is a sentiment with which I wholeheartedly agree, the irony of chief OF sycophant Chick Young demanding others stop talking about how shite Celtic are is irony off the scale.

Jane Lewis: "What should Celtic do about Neil Lennon?"

Shelly Kerr: "I don't know, it's incredible difficult."

'Incredibly difficult'?! It's the easiest decision in all of Scottish football; sack him now or let him see out the season and sack him them. There's absolutely nothing difficult about it.

You literally could have every Non old firm team in the top flight going out of business.

But if Celtic groundsman was leaving or the Rangers Tea lady retiring we would have half an hour or each before grudgingly acknowledging 85% of the top flight had disappeared. 

A slight exaggeration maybe. However they genuinely don’t seem to know or better yet care that most Non old firm fans are fed up with the Old firm bias and coverage on Sportsound. I simply don’t listen as much as I used too. Or will read details of podcast before making my mind up. 

BA Baracus has it nailed in his post a day ago. There are so many more interesting matters to discuss. How about the Killie Manager who has lost his job ! Imho it is lazy journalism simple as. 

Edited by welldaft

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

You literally could have every Non old firm team in the top flight going out of business.

But if Celtic groundsman was leaving or the Rangers Tea lady retiring we would have half an hour or each before grudgingly acknowledging 85% of the top flight had disappeared. 

A slight exaggeration maybe. However they genuinely don’t seem to know or better yet care that most Non old firm fans are fed up with the Old firm bias and coverage on Sportsound. I simply don’t listen as much as I used too. Or will read details of podcast before making my mind up. 

BA Baracus has it nailed in his post a day ago. There are so many more interesting matters to discuss. How about the Killie Manager who has lost his job ! Imho it is lazy journalism simple as. 

This word is an exceptionally generous description tbh

3 hours ago, welldaft said:

Even that would only be mentioned in the context of the effect their disappearance might have on Rangers or Celtic.

47 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Yeah, Richard Gordon had to step in and announce ICT had scored because she was taking so long to confirm the important point.

Mansplaining eh, that should see him cancelled. 

Nah, just get rid of Heather Dewar and all the others who don't realise the first thing to say when there's a goal is "GOAL for" (insert team here, preferably Motherwell but whatever is correct). The worst thing for a fan listening to the radio is when they say there's been a goal at your game but not who for.

Nah, just get rid of Heather Dewar and all the others who don't realise the first thing to say when there's a goal is "GOAL for" (insert team here, preferably Motherwell but whatever is correct). The worst thing for a fan listening to the radio is when they say there's been a goal at your game but not who for.
This x 1000