Sportsound Watch

5 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Given that Michael Stewart was 9 years old last time Aberdeen won the cup it's a forgivable mistake

The fact that it's not happened for a generation and the hearts players who did it were a generation before that shows that it would be remarkable even if not actually unique

The fact that he was around that age when they had their second Cup double season, makes it even worse.  That's the age at which you soak all that crap up.

Anyway, as I said earlier, I don't particularly blame him because he was merely repeating what someone else had just told him.   

It irritates me when errors are allowed to stand though.  

40 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

One thing less acceptable than praising Sportsound is praising Craig Levein.

I agree though.  He's quite entertaining.

I have voiced my opinions on here and elsewhere at how Old Firm focussed this programme is. No surprise Perhaps. But if it was on a weekday and every team bar the Old Firm were playing they would still start with or end with and have more than 50% of the programme on Celtic and or Rangers - NAP.

What has surprised me is how many times I have actually laughed out loud at Levein responses to questions. He is undeniably a funny man and the programme is better for it. 

Given that Michael Stewart was 9 years old last time Aberdeen won the cup it's a forgivable mistake
The fact that it's not happened for a generation and the hearts players who did it were a generation before that shows that it would be remarkable even if not actually unique
For Stewart to believe that football achievment didn't exist before his personal memory is quite an arrogant mistake to make.

Jings, how many times on Friday were we reminded that Queens Park were a good team in the 1800s?

Willie Miller said that Lawwell's apology was excellent and that it should be accepted and everyone should move on.

They then had a Celtic fan on who tore the apology apart, followed by Jane Lewis reading out a bunch of correspondence that also tore the apology apart.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Willie Miller said that Lawwell's apology was excellent and that it should be accepted and everyone should move on.

They then had a Celtic fan on who tore the apology apart, followed by Jane Lewis reading out a bunch of correspondence that also tore the apology apart.

Good old Willie.

He also said that Celtic were impervious for the last eight or nine years.

I reckon they may well also have been imperious.

10 minutes ago, sophia said:

Good old Willie.

He also said that Celtic were impervious for the last eight or nine years.

I reckon they may well also have been imperious.

They're certainly impervious to criticism.

Poor Celtic though, as Peter says, it's clear they have been the club hardest hit by the pandemic.  Candlelit vigil required....

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

They had a wee circle jerk about John Hughes earlier.

Apparently he's a brilliant/great/magnificent manager and quite a lot of chairmen are going to regret not going for him.

Yes I chuckled at that, but not quite as much as I did when the reporter at Dens Park, remarking on the late postponement, referred to the state of the pitch on the edge of the "sixteen yard box".

Good to see Michael Stewart now backtracking furiously and saying Rangers might actually go the whole league season unbeaten. Its just sad to see he followed it up with "but that's only because everybody else in the league is absolutely terrible especially compared to recently" (when Celtic, one of his employers were cantering the league). 

Fair play. He's an absolute gobshite but they just keep giving him columns and airtime.