Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, sophia said:

Pat Bonner reckons that a stadium in Bucharest which will host the Super Cup will be 20% capacity and because it will be one of the "bigger stadiums", that'll mean 20,000 spectators.

 

This listener can't believe for one second that a football stadium in Bucharest has the capacity as described. Neither should Pat.

 

The Puskas Arena houses 67,215

Budapest you mean?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sophia said:

Pat Bonner reckons that a stadium in Bucharest which will host the Super Cup will be 20% capacity and because it will be one of the "bigger stadiums", that'll mean 20,000 spectators.

This listener can't believe for one second that a football stadium in Bucharest has the capacity as described. Neither should Pat.

The Puskas Arena houses 67,215

He was right the first time saying 20,000 fans, but he switched to 20% not long after and is too thick to realise that would be an impossibly large 100,000 capacity stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Budapest you mean?

 

Somewhere between listening, googling and posting, I also moved geographically!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/08/2020 at 09:25, Ric said:

So here's the thing, I thought Jane Lewis was terrible on open all mics but I feel she does a lot better when hosting the show herself. I don't tend to listen to the show on Sundays, but for the little I have caught I don't think it's that bad.

I've not paid enough attention to her factual accuracy, but if we are going to judge her on that (and it's entirely fair that she is) then the same yardstick should be applied to other presenters/commentators/pundits and as we've seen they can be considerably lacking in what you'd expect to be their "specialist subject".

In terms of diversity, and this isn't a dig at Lang Toon Saintee as they just mentioned it in their previous post, I'm all for it actually. Imagine the annoyance of Scots if all our presenters were replaced by English ones who had never played the game up here or even watched much of it on TV? People would go mental. To me, while not a direct analogy, is the same for blokes who have little involvement in Women's football commenting on the games. Now I appreciate there is more to Sportsound than just football, but you can see where I'm coming from.

I could be wrong here, I often am.. ;), but isn't this her first main presenter gig she's had? If that is the case then it's only fair to see if she grows into the role. Most presenters do take time to find their rhythm.

She has a stutter of some sort , I've noticed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

She has a stutter of some sort , I've noticed.

It got worse when Brian Rice had a wee go at her at the weekend for saying Hamilton had had a disappointing start to the season.

Felt a little sorry for her for a couple of seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Master said:

Tam Cowan was on co-commentary duty at Motherwell tonight.

‘Biscuits’ was co-commentating with Tam chipping in a couple of times, actually worked well for the ‘Well fans, probably cringeworthy for others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/08/2020 at 20:14, Szamo's_Ammo said:

It got worse when Brian Rice had a wee go at her at the weekend for saying Hamilton had had a disappointing start to the season.

Felt a little sorry for her for a couple of seconds.

Was it as bad as Gary Caldwell giving Heather Dewar  a doing last season, poor lassie. 

Though tbf something about Jane Lewis that makes her a wid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Willie adie said:

Was it as bad as Gary Caldwell giving Heather Dewar  a doing last season, poor lassie. 

I don't know. I didn't see/hear that.

7 hours ago, Willie adie said:

Though tbf something about Jane Lewis that makes her a wid

No Way Do Not Want GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Robbie Neilsons on tonight.

Its great the Sportsound team are  - finally - giving someone from Hearts a voice on that programme........................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Apparently Robbie Neilsons on tonight.

Its great the Sportsound team are  - finally - giving someone from Hearts a voice on that programme........................

I am sure he will offer a fascinating insight as per.

ezgif-2-4b0b3ce56308.gif.06b4174ad9ad97151873255e9b37f621.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/08/2020 at 21:55, The Master said:

Tam Cowan was on co-commentary duty at Motherwell tonight.

What next for the BBC, I wonder ?  Yogi Hughes to provide the voice-overs for Remembrance Sunday ? "Aye....well,..eh, naebdy kens whae he wis but ah'm sure he wis a guid honest laddie that jist happened tae be in the wrang place at the right time......."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

What next for the BBC, I wonder ?  Yogi Hughes to provide the voice-overs for Remembrance Sunday ? "Aye....well,..eh, naebdy kens whae he wis but ah'm sure he wis a guid honest laddie that jist happened tae be in the wrang place at the right time......."

Did you see him on Would I Lie to You?

Tried to kid on he took a job in Kirkcaldy and worked hard for his money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Did you see him on Would I Lie to You?

Tried to kid on he took a job in Kirkcaldy and worked hard for his money.

Hand on heart, I have never seen this show....ever.  Ergo, if it relies on guests with the eloquence of Hughes, it must be shite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Hand on heart, I have never seen this show....ever.  Ergo, if it relies on guests with the eloquence of Hughes, it must be shite.

If I were on the show, this would have earned me a point.

I made it up to be flippant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...