Sportsound Watch

26 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

He had a good gag about turning over to the cricket instead of watching the game but aside from that its like listening to your Grandad trying to tell you that he was brilliant at everything despite the fact he lives alone in a council flat on a scheme in Govan.

He's probably lonely and trying to impress you. Visit more.

5 hours ago, No1 Jimmy said:

I find The Levein, a very draining presence. He manages to suck the life out of most things e.g. Scotland, Hearts, and now the producers of Sportsound, are allowing him to bring his dark cloud onto the radio.

Levein somehow seems to manage to bring things down even more that Willie Miller - quite a feat. 

like Sportsound, but they so often bump the live football commentary to MW - for which I have terrible reception - that I've become annoyed with it. For example - no Scotland game for me last night, as it was on MW; any rugby international, then Open All Mics or commentary is bumped to MW: even Steve and Tim take precedence over commentary (in non-Covid times) early on Saturday afternoons, when Sportsound is bumped to MW. It's almost enough to make me go back out and actually take in a game.

Also - this thread should be 'Sportsound Listen', if the intention is to say that Sportsound is 'under observation' (see 'epistemology'), as we use our hears for the radio.

3 hours ago, RabidAI said:

like Sportsound, but they so often bump the live football commentary to MW - for which I have terrible reception - that I've become annoyed with it. For example - no Scotland game for me last night, as it was on MW; any rugby international, then Open All Mics or commentary is bumped to MW: even Steve and Tim take precedence over commentary (in non-Covid times) early on Saturday afternoons, when Sportsound is bumped to MW. It's almost enough to make me go back out and actually take in a game.

Also - this thread should be 'Sportsound Listen', if the intention is to say that Sportsound is 'under observation' (see 'epistemology'), as we use our hears for the radio.

'ear 'ear

Usual nonsense from a few on Friday. 

"Whatever it's called" when referring to the name of the Nation's League. Followed by going off in a random tangent with some shite about Aberdeen getting lockdown and Glasgow not.

If he wasn't a previously a famous footballer he wouldn't be in a job. Basic journalism stuff understanding & knowing the name of the competition you're providing punditry on. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

10 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Usual nonsense from a few on Friday. 

"Whatever it's called" when referring to the name of the Nation's League. Followed by going off in a random tangent with some shite about Aberdeen getting lockdown and Glasgow not.

If he wasn't a previously a famous footballer he wouldn't be in a job. Basic journalism stuff understanding & knowing the name of the competition you're providing punditry on. 

He could easily fall back into the restaurant business

The other thing I tried was to buy one of these DAB radios, as the BBC Sport Scotland website said the Scotland matches were available on that as well as on MW.

What I found was that it was just the FM programming that was being broadcast on digital radio, so still no Scotland-football-type torture for me. (But Tesco did kindly refund me for the digital radio).

Sorry to bore you. Off I go.

22 minutes ago, RabidAI said:

The other thing I tried was to buy one of these DAB radios, as the BBC Sport Scotland website said the Scotland matches were available on that as well as on MW.

What I found was that it was just the FM programming that was being broadcast on digital radio, so still no Scotland-football-type torture for me. (But Tesco did kindly refund me for the digital radio).

Pretty sure there was commentary on DAB on Friday, I listened to the build-up but turned it off to watch a stream.

Edited by Ginaro

1 hour ago, RabidAI said:

You probably had it set on FM instead of digital.

2 hours ago, RabidAI said:

It definitely was on digital radio.