Jump to content

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Hammyton said:

Cowan is one of those that offers nothing original now.  He is well past his sell by date.  On/Off the Ball has also gone off the boil.  Time to replace it, get some of the younger presenters from the football podcasts and let them bring it into the 21st century.

This ,this ,this  ,and this . 

It's just utter dross and needs replaced .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Be careful what you wish for. I personally like Cowan (But am not a regular listener to OtB admittedly) and whilst I can appreciate that objectively, he's utter shite, he's still a hell of a lot better than the vast vast majority of options that stink out the BBC offices.

They have Steven Thompson as a presenter FFS.

That is the problem. I used to catch OTB occasionally due to work commitments, and I quite enjoyed it in those small infrequent doses, but more recently my work has me travelling on a Saturday around the time it is on. When listening week on week it is quite clear that Cowan has no new insights or patter than when he started the show. A particular annoyance of mine is his continuance use of the word 'trope'. He also talks over Cosgrove time after time and his examples of events are always repeated ad nauseaum in preference to whatever tale Cosgrove has come up with. His response to the pitch invasion in 2016 also showed his true blue colours on that particular side of the OF of which he says he has no interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I have no doubt. It was almost like Cowan was under instruction to talk it up.

Superfluous word there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That is the problem. I used to catch OTB occasionally due to work commitments, and I quite enjoyed it in those small infrequent doses, but more recently my work has me travelling on a Saturday around the time it is on. When listening week on week it is quite clear that Cowan has no new insights or patter than when he started the show. A particular annoyance of mine is his continuance use of the word 'trope'. He also talks over Cosgrove time after time and his examples of events are always repeated ad nauseaum in preference to whatever tale Cosgrove has come up with. His response to the pitch invasion in 2016 also showed his true blue colours on that particular side of the OF of which he says he has no interest.
I'm sure I've told this story before, but Tam Cowan detests Hibs. A mate of mine used to do a Hibs fanzine and was a semi regular guest on OTB. Hibs were playing at Ibrox and the away end sold out. The guests on the programme were able to watch their teams games on a BBC feed with Tam and Stewart between the two shows. My mate asked Cosgrove if they could get a couple of additional bodies in as they didn't have tickets, and was told no bother. They were having a few beers watching the game, Hibs scored, a beer got knocked over by one of the invited guests, and utterly fucked Tam Cowans jokebook he'd been adding to for years. Complete tantrum to the point that everyone in the room thought he was at it so were laughing like f**k. Cowan stormed out of the room, and has hated Hibs ever since.

And that's the reason why Tam Cowan hates Hibs. His reaction to the 2016 final wasn't pro ***, it was anti Hibs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/07/2020 at 20:16, Stellaboz said:
On 22/07/2020 at 19:34, craigkillie said:
No, that's Sandra Brown.

Another absolutely fucking idiot not fit for purpose.

Between these two, Budge and Low it really doesn’t look good for woman interested in football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoever that BBC interviewer was just bottled asking McInnes about the red card despite it killing the game for Aberdeen. 

Some red cards are obviously more important than others!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I need to go lie down in a dark room, almost missing the days when Traynor had all those zoomers on the phone in. 

 

Now we have to listen to some questionable music choices to pad out the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lebowski said:

I'm sure I've told this story before, but Tam Cowan detests Hibs. A mate of mine used to do a Hibs fanzine and was a semi regular guest on OTB. Hibs were playing at Ibrox and the away end sold out. The guests on the programme were able to watch their teams games on a BBC feed with Tam and Stewart between the two shows. My mate asked Cosgrove if they could get a couple of additional bodies in as they didn't have tickets, and was told no bother. They were having a few beers watching the game, Hibs scored, a beer got knocked over by one of the invited guests, and utterly fucked Tam Cowans jokebook he'd been adding to for years. Complete tantrum to the point that everyone in the room thought he was at it so were laughing like f**k. Cowan stormed out of the room, and has hated Hibs ever since.

And that's the reason why Tam Cowan hates Hibs. His reaction to the 2016 final wasn't pro ***, it was anti Hibs.

Lies. 

Complete lies.

 

As if that odious Weegie ever had a joke book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

Lies. 

Complete lies.

 

As if that odious Weegie ever had a joke book.

I thought he just pulled a few old christmas crackers on a saturday morning to get his lines for the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whichever muppet is commentating the St Mirren v Livi game keeps Scott Robertson instead of Scott Robinson, done enough research to know he was the youngest Hearts debutant, so f**k knows how he keeps getting it wrong.

We've also apparently got Dom Thomas refereeing rather than Don Robertson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Less than half an hour after the final whistle of the first game of the SPFL season & we’re previewing the English FA Cup final

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Whichever muppet is commentating the St Mirren v Livi game keeps Scott Robertson instead of Scott Robinson, done enough research to know he was the youngest Hearts debutant, so f**k knows how he keeps getting it wrong.

We've also apparently got Dom Thomas refereeing rather than Don Robertson.

Julie Fleeting & Brian McLaughlin apparently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

They have Steven Thompson as a presenter FFS.

Ive been in Steven Thompsons company a couple of times and he’s a very very sound guy, but a TV presenter he is not. The Championship games he presented last season were hard to watch, as he was unable to listen to whoever was in his ear at the same time as speak to the camera. I’m sure it’s quite a difficult thing to do with no previous experience, hopefully he’s a bit better this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lies. 
Complete lies.
 
As if that odious Weegie ever had a joke book.
He did. Now he doesn't.,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RH33 said:

Between these two, Budge and Low it really doesn’t look good for woman interested in football.

Ah nothing like a bit casual sexism isn't there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Ah nothing like a bit casual sexism isn't there...

I say it as a woman who has followed football for years. The two woman on Sportsound are terrible, make mistakes regularly and are not a positive image of woman who follow football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jayne Lewis seems to have a stutter of some sort, 

And the other woman your on about is that Leanne Crichton 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Lebowski said:

I'm sure I've told this story before, but Tam Cowan detests Hibs. A mate of mine used to do a Hibs fanzine and was a semi regular guest on OTB. Hibs were playing at Ibrox and the away end sold out. The guests on the programme were able to watch their teams games on a BBC feed with Tam and Stewart between the two shows. My mate asked Cosgrove if they could get a couple of additional bodies in as they didn't have tickets, and was told no bother. They were having a few beers watching the game, Hibs scored, a beer got knocked over by one of the invited guests, and utterly fucked Tam Cowans jokebook he'd been adding to for years. Complete tantrum to the point that everyone in the room thought he was at it so were laughing like f**k. Cowan stormed out of the room, and has hated Hibs ever since.

And that's the reason why Tam Cowan hates Hibs. His reaction to the 2016 final wasn't pro ***, it was anti Hibs.

Aye, you mentioned that story a couple months back - it makes a lot of sense because I could never work out exactly why he didnt like us, it wasnt like there was any Well / Hibs enmity.

He does come across as a bit of a man child who would keep that anger going for years.

Good to see fans of other clubs getting on board the "Tams a bam" express now though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Green Day said:

it makes a lot of sense because I could never work out exactly why he didnt like us, it wasnt like there was any Well / Hibs enmity.

 

You obviously never went near the 'Bridge of Death' in the late 80's, early 90's when Tam would actually be going to the games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...