Sportsound Watch

Alan Preston almost screaming that the reason that Hearts and Partick Thistle went to the Courts and not straight to Arbitration, was that neither club had any trust at all in the SFA Arbitration system. It was then explained to him that the system would have been exactly the same as the SFA are not actually involved in the panel. Didn’t hear from him again for quite a wee while. What a balloon.

55 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Alan Preston almost screaming that the reason that Hearts and Partick Thistle went to the Courts and not straight to Arbitration, was that neither club had any trust at all in the SFA Arbitration system. It was then explained to him that the system would have been exactly the same as the SFA are not actually involved in the panel. Didn’t hear from him again for quite a wee while. What a balloon.

It is absolutely amazing just how many people believe this. It doesn't matter how often it's explained to these folk they are convinced it was an SFA panel that did the arbitration and it's only the court case that has this outcome now. 

It's even more astounding when it's some "professional" broadcaster that, let's.face it, can't be arsed to do their job and read the rules.

11 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

What's McInnes saying?

He said that a club let Aberdeen down during the week with a very late call off of a friendly, but as he’s such a classy guy he wouldn’t name them. The team had an 11 against 11 match this morning with referee and full kit to get the feeling of a real match. He’s been more than decent, if uncontroversial, although he did say that he expects the Scottish Cup Final to be Aberdeen against an Edinburgh club. Definitely the most knowledgeable and interesting person on the show, just in front of Richard Gordon and Willie Miller.

Guess this weekend will be the final heartsfest programme after umpteen weeks of completely unbalanced crap from sportsound.
Dont want to think what the line up will be but it wouldnt surprise me if Deans and MP lol Murray are starters. 
A disgraceful spell for this effort.
There will be another next week after Hearts lose - again.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Didn’t hear from him again for quite a wee while. What a balloon.

Probably stuffing his fat wee podgy jambo face with custard creams. You wait for the inevitable coronary failure, but it never happens.

31 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

What's McInnes saying?

I missed the start of the programme, which I’ve now listened to. He was happy with the fitness of all of his squad when they initially came back. As has been said previously, it’ll be one out, one in for anyone coming in. Craig Bryson’s fitness is looking good and he’s completed three 60 minutes in full matches, and Derek McInnes says that he has to take some responsibility for Bryson keeping on breaking down last season. He did reiterate that the ankle that he had problems with was not the ankle which was injured before he signed last season, and he’d never had any problems with that ankle previously. The bid for Sam Cosgrove contained a lot more than the initial amount paid up front. There were clauses for a sell on percentage and also a payment to be made if Guincamp were to be promoted to Ligue 1. He expects further bids to come in and the club will sell him if an acceptable bid comes in, otherwise he’s staying.

54 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I missed the start of the programme, which I’ve now listened to. He was happy with the fitness of all of his squad when they initially came back. As has been said previously, it’ll be one out, one in for anyone coming in. Craig Bryson’s fitness is looking good and he’s completed three 60 minutes in full matches, and Derek McInnes says that he has to take some responsibility for Bryson keeping on breaking down last season. He did reiterate that the ankle that he had problems with was not the ankle which was injured before he signed last season, and he’d never had any problems with that ankle previously. The bid for Sam Cosgrove contained a lot more than the initial amount paid up front. There were clauses for a sell on percentage and also a payment to be made if Guincamp were to be promoted to Ligue 1. He expects further bids to come in and the club will sell him if an acceptable bid comes in, otherwise he’s staying.

Cheers. That will keep Willy happy.

8 hours ago, Junior Pub League said:

Chick was also the only one who could see that Gretna was nothing more than a giant scam, somehow every fan in scotland could see it even Chick could see it and yet the utter arselicking that a group of mercenaries got on Sportsound and in the rest of the media was shameful.

I remember him buying completely into the ‘fairytale’ I may be wrong but his piece when they went tits up doesn’t really suggest this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7264741.stm

I don't mean this as a dig but with genuine concern. Does McLeish have Parkinson's or something?

It was pretty standard Sportsound fare. I don't mind Preston being clueless, he isn't a journalist he is a court jester whose job is to bring a bit of colour and enthusiasm to Open All Mics.

The continuing failure of English et al to  understand how the Scottish football and the court case works is seriously grating now.