Sportsound Watch

17 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Their points of view go unchallenged as well. 

No one ever asks. What could we have actually done? In Scotland sport wasn't allowed until Aug. UEFA have said leagues need finished by 8th Aug or circa. 

These c***s being kept in a job by just blurting out pitiful stuff they made up on the spot.

McCann going on about the SPFL charge for Hearts as well yesterday saying what else could Hearts and Thistle have done, they couldn't ask permission to go to court as it wouldn't be granted. 

Again, no one called it out. "They shouldn't be asking for permission either, they should have went down the arbitration route like the rules state" no charge. 

If he wasn't a footballer he'd be one of those retards on twitter with an account name "WATP 2k20 🇬🇧🇬🇧". 

Neil McCann was given about 30 seconds on that topic and made an astonishingly impressive effort of embarrassing himself.

Criticising the SFA for 'Scottish football in-fighting' for charging the clubs, that have taken the entire league to court and a judge literally said they broke the SFA's rules, with breaking the SFA's rules.

"We will be in the top six, make no mistake about it. And why not this year? We are building a good squad. It's not pie in the sky. St Mirren is used to success.

"You have Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs and Motherwell. There is a place left there for the rest of us to fight out."

Tony Fitzpatrick endearing himself to Livi and St Johnstone fans here.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The fact it doesn't start until October plus it's a one off curtailed season with 27 games it's the perfect opportunity.
The tarts could take it to court again if they don't get promoted next season.  

I suppose technically they could try in the same way that anyone can try, but they'd have zero case.

15 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

"We will be in the top six, make no mistake about it. And why not this year? We are building a good squad. It's not pie in the sky. St Mirren is used to success.

"You have Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs and Motherwell. There is a place left there for the rest of us to fight out."

Tony Fitzpatrick endearing himself to Livi and St Johnstone fans here.

In what way are St Mirren used to success?!

Was Fitzpatrick the same guy who said they could 'top 4' when they got promoted? A total slaver.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

I suppose technically they could try in the same way that anyone can try, but they'd have zero case.

In what way are St Mirren used to success?!

Was Fitzpatrick the same guy who said they could 'top 4' when they got promoted? A total slaver.

The very same. Can only imagine Goodwin is absolutely raging at that.

22 hours ago, Golden Gordon said:

How Scottish Football Works:

Chick Young sees Hladky perform well at St. Mirren, considers this briefly & asks: Why isn't he at Celtic or Rangers*?

As soon as Lyndon Dykes scored that goal against Celtic, Young and the rest of his cronies have been desperately trying to engineer him a move to Sevco or Celtic.

Edited by DA Baracus

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Cheeky Chirpy Chappy Chico is not qualified to comment on any football matter as he is as dumb as carrots.

Smith went up in my estimation after watching this. What's most satisfying is any intelligent 'journalist' would have given up on this interview as it was clear Smith was giving no change to any question. The wee fud is so thick he thinks he can spin it round to achieve a result and digs himself depper into the myre. This interview should have finished him and it's a mystery why he still gets work. On saying that Alan Preston is still receiving a paycheck.

14 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Smith went up in my estimation after watching this. What's most satisfying is any intelligent 'journalist' would have given up on this interview as it was clear Smith was giving no change to any question. The wee fud is so thick he thinks he can spin it round to achieve a result and digs himself depper into the myre. This interview should have finished him and it's a mystery why he still gets work. On saying that Alan Preston is still receiving a paycheck.

It simply confirms my feelings regarding all parties:

Young is obviously a pointless wee tosser, but Smith and especially his thick sidekick, are a pair of swaggering bullies.

1 hour ago, Golden Gordon said:

How Scottish Football Works:

Chick Young sees Hladky perform well at St. Mirren, considers this briefly & asks: Why isn't he at Celtic or Rangers*?

Going to defend him here. Now I appreciate Young winds people up, and I'm no great flag waver for him, but Hladky put in some excellent performances and I don't think the suggestion either side of the OF would be interested - especially as he'd be a free agent - is all that crazy. Is McLaughlin or Bain a better option? I wouldn't necessarily say so.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

Going to defend him here. Now I appreciate Young winds people up, and I'm no great flag waver for him, but Hladky put in some excellent performances and I don't think the suggestion either side of the OF would be interested - especially as he'd be a free agent - is all that crazy. Is McLaughlin or Bain a better option? I wouldn't necessarily say so.

I wasn't suggesting that Hladky wouldn't be good enough to be considered by the OF*, from what I've seen of him, he's a very good keeper & I rate him highly.  It was more a criticism of the automatic assumption that the OF* should have a divine right to the pick of the better players in the Premiership. 

1 minute ago, Golden Gordon said:

I wasn't suggesting that Hladky wouldn't be good enough to be considered by the OF*, from what I've seen of him, he's a very good keeper & I rate him highly.  It was more a criticism of the automatic assumption that the OF* should have a divine right to the pick of the better players in the Premiership. 

Yeah, I accept the point you were making, it is the classic lazy journo trope. I'd say with Hladky's availability, previous wages, and performances that in this case it wasn't such a jump.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

Yeah, I accept the point you were making, it is the classic lazy journo trope. I'd say with Hladky's availability, previous wages, and performances that in this case it wasn't such a jump.

Fair point.  I think it just infuriates me when it is just assumed that the OF* should be considered the height of ambition for any player playing in the SPFL.  

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Young is obviously a pointless wee tosser, but Smith and especially his thick sidekick, are a pair of swaggering bullies.

Yup, Smith is a total arsehole in that video.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think the whole attitude by Smith an Knox has more to do with Young having no standing as a serious journalist. Who knows what shite they have had to put up from him over the years.

2 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

I think the whole attitude by Smith an Knox has more to do with Young having no standing as a serious journalist. Who knows what shite they have had to put up from him over the years.

Yes, but I think the fact that they're also total dicks helped.

Most managers were arseholes in that era. To be a successful manager, your style had to be what we'd now call 'old school'.

Nothing wrong with calling Chick Young out on a shite question IMO. If more of that was done over the years, the terrible journalism thread would perhaps be a 100 pages shorter.

6 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

You seriously think that Chick Young has posed tough questions to 'Walter' at any stage in his career? He's been the biggest sycophant of that rage-fuelled bullying mess for decades.

If he wasn't such an annoying chore you'd almost feel sorry for Chico.

For all his namedropping anecdotes, it's quite clear that the vast majority of ex players/managers that appear on Sportsound and spent plenty time in his company think he's an absolute joke

18 hours ago, virginton said:

You seriously think that Chick Young has posed tough questions to 'Walter' at any stage in his career? He's been the biggest sycophant of that rage-fuelled bullying mess for decades.

The problem we have is that no journalist will risk being 'barred' from either Glasgow press conference. If they went into the interview knowing that their editor and employers were supportive and not likely to cave at the first OF tantrum then just maybe they would do their job properly. However, the fear of the intellectual masses in Coatbridge, Pollok, Shettleston and Teuchterville refusing to buy their 'newspaper' with their morning roll and sausage has them all enthralled with every quote on what is important in life e.g. what Scott Brown thinks about anything. It is another side-effect of their power and dominance.