Sportsound Watch

12 minutes ago, flood said:

Lachlan has came out of this well in my opinion, Good to see he is investing in infrastructure at ayr too...

However, you are both wasting energy if you think that the top league will ever be a playing 2x a year league. Unfortunately TV rules and 4x celtic/sevco games is required...

Aye I know, as long as the championship gets there I'll be happy.  

Mad there would be 12 derby matches in a 16 team league next season but that couldn't happen because they want to show 4/8 available. 

Edited by itzdrk

3 hours ago, nsr said:

It's kind of depressing to think that 100 years ago two sets people who were literally at war could put that aside briefly to play football, whereas today thugs, oafs and unemployables go to the football for the single purpose of expressing their hate for people identical to them in every way.

However you forget that the majority of fans doing this in Scotland still live in the 17th century, over 200 years prior to the war you refer.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Can we please acknowledge that the only reason Cameron wants a bigger top flight is because that would give Ayr a better chance of being there.

He accepted that there was next to no support for that happening at the top tier, but it was encouraging for us who think 10 team leagues are boring to find out that he and Findlay agreed. I suspect you're becoming an endangered minority. 

I really think the lower tier clubs are missing out by not pushing for 12-12-10-10. Would correct all disputed relegations & promotions etc.... except hearts, which would be pleasing...

The 12 could also a split which despite critics works in premiership

Would have most of the strongest and best supported teams outside the premiership involved...

He accepted that there was next to no support for that happening at the top tier, but it was encouraging for us who think 10 team leagues are boring to find out that he and Findlay agreed. I suspect you're becoming an endangered minority. 

I think these are ideas which are fine in principle but which will immediately get voted down once an actual proposal gets put on the table and they see the potential drop off in money.

I can imagine the 2nd tier going to 12 quite easily, and perhaps the lower leagues getting a bit bigger to improve the chances of ever getting back if you get relegated, but both proposals will inevitably come along with a new push for Old Firm B teams in there too.

The 10 team Championship is probably the most exciting league in Scottish football (Not suggesting the quality on the pitch is necessarily exciting) so it'd make sense for the SPFL clubs to all get together and change that one and leave the top flight untouched.

The number of promotion and relegation spots are exactly the same as League 1 and only one more than League 2. But it's mainly the clubs in those two middle leagues who want change, because they don't like the associated risk.

Can we please acknowledge that the only reason Cameron wants a bigger top flight is because that would give Ayr a better chance of being there.
Who gives a f**k if that is the reason, pleasing to hear a chairman with the balls to call out the boring as f**k set up we have. Players know where each other will go, it's like a game of chess with the familiarity the current set up brings at time. Most of the Ayrshire supporting weegie c***s I know even acknowledge this and agree it would make their game against the other arse cheek have more meaning. If only the other 10 in the top league would call the shite for what it is the rest of us would only have two visits of weegie bigotted c***s to deal with on a league season and probably better crowds with more derby style games available.

1 hour ago, flood said:

However, you are both wasting energy if you think that the top league will ever be a playing 2x a year league. Unfortunately TV rules and 4x celtic/sevco games is required...

Can we not just have a 2 x each other league, then let the OF have a home and away bigotfest at the end of the season. Say for the Glasgow Cup, or the 17th Century Cup, or whatever? 

Findlay and Cameron did say they favoured reconstruction but this is the wrong time so perhaps there is a majority of clubs in favour of reconstruction.
You don't need a majority, you need 80% from every tier of the league.

It's deliberately difficult to get through because they fucked about with the structure so much previously.

16 hours ago, flood said:

I really think the lower tier clubs are missing out by not pushing for 12-12-10-10. Would correct all disputed relegations & promotions etc.... except hearts, which would be pleasing...

The 12 could also a split which despite critics works in premiership

Would have most of the strongest and best supported teams outside the premiership involved...

The fact it doesn't start until October plus it's a one off curtailed season with 27 games it's the perfect opportunity.
The tarts could take it to court again if they don't get promoted next season.  

17 hours ago, craigkillie said:

No, because I don't recall him ever saying that was the reason for wanting a bigger too flight. What he has said is that playing other teams 4 times a season (with the potential to play up to 10 matches in the one season against another team) is dull. And it is.

So you can speculate that that is the reason Lachlan wants an expanded top flight, but you can't state it as fact.

Chico again complaining because “we panicked” and didn’t finish the season.

Tony Fitzpatrick joining the long list of pundits who think when the Ibrox club finish over 10 points behind is finally “competitive” and a “title challenge”

Obviously means when other clubs do it it isn’t. Yet more throwaway comments with nothing to back it up. Patronising garbage.

17 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Chico again complaining because “we panicked” and didn’t finish the season.

Cheeky Chirpy Chappy Chico is not qualified to comment on any football matter as he is as dumb as carrots.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen