Sportsound Watch

45 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Just about to throw the radio at the wall. Usual muppets bumping their gums through ignorance. The same shite repeated week in, week out. A Jambo based one sided 'discussion'. Thank goodness for Kenny McIntyre and Brian Mclaughlin to pull them up once in a while on facts.

The vast majority of Clubs voted against reconstruction and for ending the season. Can they not find someone out of all those Clubs to provide an alternative view?

I don't think they can. They say they have asked people on the other side of the argument, but they have refused. I can see why, it would be like going up against a kangaroo court. If they say something that is 100% unarguable fact, it still would not be accepted. No matter what side of this situation you are one, that sort of thing isn't to be welcomed. You need to be able to hear both sides, debate and accept some things as unchangeable fact. It may change points of view, it may not but there has to be debate with respect. It's all part an intelligent adult debate, although we are talking about Sportsound and their groundhog Day broadcasts.

Edited by Tannadeechee

Listening to this on rewind, wish someone would ask Levein if he accepts any responsibility whatsoever for Hearts going down, instead of blaming everyone else.

Chick should be pensioned off for his own self respect. 

3 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

I don't think they can. They say they have asked people on the other side of the argument, but they have refused. I can see why, it would be like going up against a kangaroo court. If they say something that is 100% unarguable fact, it still would not be accepted. No matter what side of this situation you are one, that sort of thing isn't to be welcomed. You need to be able to hear both sides, debate and accept some things as unchangeable fact. It may change points of view, it may not but their has to be debate with respect. It's all part an intelligent adult debate, although we are talking about Sportsound and their groundhog Day broadcasts.

I accept that few want to put their heads above the parapet in this one-sided discussion. However the BBC anchormen should at least be aware of the other arguments and challenge the ignorant pundits.

Neil McCann yesterday said for about the 10th week in a row why did Doncaster make a phone calls to Clubs on the day of the vote? Well Doncaster himself told the nation why about 12 weeks ago and Richard Gordon has not once pulled up McCann for the same repetitive shite and enlightened him as Gordon conducted the interview with Doncaster.

I don't think they can. They say they have asked people on the other side of the argument, but they have refused. I can see why, it would be like going up against a kangaroo court. If they say something that is 100% unarguable fact, it still would not be accepted. No matter what side of this situation you are one, that sort of thing isn't to be welcomed. You need to be able to hear both sides, debate and accept some things as unchangeable fact. It may change points of view, it may not but their has to be debate with respect. It's all part an intelligent adult debate, although we are talking about Sportsound and their groundhog Day broadcasts.
Invite some fans on - they'd rip these clowns' arguments to shreds.

1 hour ago, Tannadeechee said:

I don't think they can. They say they have asked people on the other side of the argument, but they have refused. I can see why, it would be like going up against a kangaroo court. If they say something that is 100% unarguable fact, it still would not be accepted. No matter what side of this situation you are one, that sort of thing isn't to be welcomed. You need to be able to hear both sides, debate and accept some things as unchangeable fact. It may change points of view, it may not but there has to be debate with respect. It's all part an intelligent adult debate, although we are talking about Sportsound and their groundhog Day broadcasts.

Anyone who listened to Tom English and Craig Levein attempting to spit-roast Donald Findlay previously would be well advised to keep their counsel in my opinion.

21 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Anyone who listened to Tom English and Craig Levein attempting to spit-roast Donald Findlay previously would be well advised to keep their counsel in my opinion.

I'd just like to point out what absolutely horrible image that conjures up!!

Bleach.jpg

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

In Chick's favour he tried to point out that Dundee were perfectly entitled to change their vote but he was shut down.

Aye but he keeps going on about “We should have finished the League”

Can someone not ask him how that could be done ?

August 1st is still only a provisional and not set in tablets of stone !!!!!! 

I don't understand Sportsound.  Brian McLaughlin opens the programme & essentially explains where things are in terms of the arbitration process.  Logically, this should be the starting point of the panel's discussion.  But instead, what happens is that we get a rehash of all the arguments brought up at the start of the process about ending the leagues, which can be pretty much summed as 'it's no' fair' @Jacksgranda.  Then what we get is that the SPFL should have taken an executive decision to ensure that a 'fair' decision was reached, with scant discussion around the democratic structure of the SPFL.  Then we get a series of emotive, leading questions from Kenny McIntyre, directed at Craig Levein, which essentially allow him free-reign on the injustice shown to Hearts.  To top things off, when compensation is discussed, Levein is allowed to point out that people will lose their jobs at Hearts if they are relegated, if compensation isn't provided, but little mention of the similar impact on the other SPFL clubs, who would be required to pay this compensation.  How can people who are being paid to know about these issues seemingly have only a superficial view of them?  

I didn't listen and won't. My opinion hasn't changed. You have a multitude of people all going..

tenor.gif

..week after week after week. God forbid they actually do some actual journalism. Explain the situation and move the f**k on.

What is frustrating is that in the political sphere, the BBC seem to go overboard in representing "an alternative voice" even if that voice is a complete and utter zoomer. So, for example, you could have a fully peer reviewed and academically sound paper on a particular subject backed by an overwhelming number of experts, then some fucknut Karen representing some minor interest group that is pulling comments from Facebook as the counter and the BBC will sit back and say, "well, there's your balance for you, you can't complain to us"

48 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

I don't understand Sportsound.  Brian McLaughlin opens the programme & essentially explains where things are in terms of the arbitration process.  Logically, this should be the starting point of the panel's discussion.  But instead, what happens is that we get a rehash of all the arguments brought up at the start of the process about ending the leagues, which can be pretty much summed as 'it's no' fair' @Jacksgranda.  Then what we get is that the SPFL should have taken an executive decision to ensure that a 'fair' decision was reached, with scant discussion around the democratic structure of the SPFL.  Then we get a series of emotive, leading questions from Kenny McIntyre, directed at Craig Levein, which essentially allow him free-reign on the injustice shown to Hearts.  To top things off, when compensation is discussed, Levein is allowed to point out that people will lose their jobs at Hearts if they are relegated, if compensation isn't provided, but little mention of the similar impact on the other SPFL clubs, who would be required to pay this compensation.  How can people who are being paid to know about these issues seemingly have only a superficial view of them?  

Maybe the other Premiership clubs should offer to take on all those soon-to-be-unemployed folk, one each.  Just to annoy Levein.

35 minutes ago, Ric said:

What is frustrating is that in the political sphere, the BBC seem to go overboard in representing "an alternative voice" even if that voice is a complete and utter zoomer. So, for example, you could have a fully peer reviewed and academically sound paper on a particular subject backed by an overwhelming number of experts, then some fucknut Karen representing some minor interest group that is pulling comments from Facebook as the counter and the BBC will sit back and say, "well, there's your balance for you, you can't complain to us"

BBC Sportsound doesn't have any pundit with "an alternative voice, though". After Neil Doncaster and Donald Findlay ragdolled Tom English on separate occasions, they've decided the best policy is now to have people parroting "That's not fair" at each other on either side of the table. I shut todays podcast off after hearing shite like "You're saying the same thing I am, Chic" and "You put that better than I would have" coming out of the mouths of today's disputants...

NotFair-Optimized.gif.59410a43d3b407464121567c4251b855.gif

Edited by Aim Here

57 minutes ago, The DA said:

Maybe the other Premiership clubs should offer to take on all those soon-to-be-unemployed folk, one each.  Just to annoy Levein.

Seems a good idea on the face of it.  Although I would be wary that would cause a 'Scott Gardiner Effect'. 

Just listened back to today's show and while I agree with John Collins' sentiment about players spending more time on the training pitch, he doesn't half have an unfortunate manner about how he actually goes about giving his opinion. 

Didn't know he had played for Monaco either..... 😉

The SFA performance guy was saying something along the lines of "we're doing everything that England and the rest are doing", yeah but from about 10 years behind them playing catchup. We need to be groundbreaking and moving ahead of them by building on what's worked for them but also developing our own processes.

To do just the same means you're just keeping up. It's highly likely they'll be evolving their systems and moving forward. I always get the impression we're too reactive when it comes to youth development. 

Which is obviously scandalous given the overall reputation of our coaching courses. 

1 hour ago, The DA said:

And all these "thick as shit" sport scientists too. Much better sending the Hearts players out to destroy the sand dunes.

It was quite funny listening to Chick Young and Derek Ferguson pretty much going in the huff that Collins hadn't selected Paul McStay and Davie Weir in his all-time XI. The fact that the players he had selected had won or got to the latter stages of world cups didn't seem to affect their opinions.

7 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

I don’t know why so many people still listen to this absolute drivel. I haven’t listened to it for a couple of months and now knowing that Levein is a ‘pundit’ will keep me well away.

Ive always thought Levein bares an uncanny resemblance to Scottish serial killer Denis Nilsen, wouldn't be surprised if the former Hearts and Scotland manager kept human remains in his fridge at home also.

9 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

ive always thought Levein bares an uncanny resemblance to Scottish serial killer Denis Nilsen, wouldn't be surprised if the former Hearts and Scotland manager kept human remains in his fridge at home also.

Perhaps even the missing Prague striker.