Sportsound Watch

7 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Which player was Levein talking about in regards to leaking the team on international duty?

I think it might have been Steven Fletcher. I remember there was a reluctance from Levein to play Fletcher which seemed mental as we were extremely short in that position at the time. 

Edited by St. Jude

Just now, St. Jude said:

I think it might have been Steven Fletcher. I remember there was a reluctance from Levein to play Fletcher which seemed mental as we were extremely short in that position at the time. 

Would think so. He was the only striker in the squad who didn't even make the bench that night and given how long it took for him to play for Scotland again I think it must be him.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Would think so. He was the only striker in the squad who didn't even make the bench that night and given how long it took for him to play for Scotland again I think it must be him.

I’m glad I wasn’t talking utter pish. I think it might have taken until the Wales game for Fletcher to start again and he was excellent that night.

42 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

So the 4-6-0 was not just terrible tactically, but also petty, spiteful & vindictive? Seems in keeping with the Levein who wouldn't loan Cowdenbeath players if he were still Hearts' manager.

Just now, Golden Gordon said:

So the 4-6-0 was not just terrible tactically, but also petty, spiteful & vindictive? Seems in keeping with the Levein who wouldn't loan Cowdenbeath players if he were still Hearts' manager.

From what he said it sounds like he announced the 4-6-0 to the team and Steven Fletcher spat the dummy out and leaked it to the press.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

From what he said it sounds like he announced the 4-6-0 to the team and Steven Fletcher spat the dummy out and leaked it to the press.

Which was telling the Czechs our game plan.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Fair enough, I think my reflex on hearing anything about Levein at the moment is to see him in the worst possible light. You can disagree with your manager, but don't f**k over your team-mates.  Or your country for that matter.

51 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

To be fair to Levein, his statement was that Hearts Management wouldn't loan Cowdenbeath any players, not that he wouldn't.

My guess is that he was probably positing what he'd do in their position, but he didn't actually say so.

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

To be fair to Levein, his statement was that Hearts Management wouldn't loan Cowdenbeath any players, not that he wouldn't.

My guess is that he was probably positing what he'd do in their position, but he didn't actually say so.

You're right, I don't seem to be able to be balanced or fair about Craig Levein at the moment.  I used to find him a smart-arse during interviews, if I thought about him at all, but this appears to have developed into something more.  I was always told that you get more reactionary as you get older, but I didn't think it would manifest like this.

2 hours ago, thepundit said:

Which player was Levein talking about in regards to leaking the team on international duty?

Kenny Miller regularly leaked the team to Keith Jackson, to the extent that Levein (and maybe Strachan after him) ended up naming the team publicly the day before the game.

2 hours ago, St. Jude said:

I’m glad I wasn’t talking utter pish. I think it might have taken until the Wales game for Fletcher to start again and he was excellent that night.

Fletcher refused call-ups between the Czech game and the Wales game, and was generally a massive arsehole about it too.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Kenny Miller regularly leaked the team to Keith Jackson, to the extent that Levein (and maybe Strachan after him) ended up naming the team publicly the day before the game.

He should have just been binned for that.

Another Jambo's panel today.

Derek Ferguson's first comment: "Could they not just have finished the season?"

I genuinely despair - thick c***s still don't get it.
We are a laughing stock also !!! As if we are the only country to do similar. Brutal listening again

They're all convinced arbitration will either reinstate Hearts or pay compensation because "it's unfair ". They don't seem to realise the arbitration is looking at the process and fairness doesn't come in to it.

Only Brian McLaughlin and Kenny McIntyre are pulling them up on any of it.

Just about to throw the radio at the wall. Usual muppets bumping their gums through ignorance. The same shite repeated week in, week out. A Jambo based one sided 'discussion'. Thank goodness for Kenny McIntyre and Brian Mclaughlin to pull them up once in a while on facts.

The vast majority of Clubs voted against reconstruction and for ending the season. Can they not find someone out of all those Clubs to provide an alternative view?

Tuned out a month ago when they may as well have just replayed previous shows rather than go over the same old ground. Bring on some real news. Though are they not missing self-pleasuring themselves discussing Sevco in Europe or Celtic's 15 in a row?