Sportsound Watch

39 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Bonner would probably not understand what was going on and keep turning up anyway

Well it's that or *shudder* pay to watch the team he supports. 

7 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

One of the pillars of justice that English and Co had built their argument on was the French 'comparison '. One in the eye for the Fairness Fraternity.

Zut alors, Monsieur Anglais!

Edited by Sarto Mutiny
rubbish French

8 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

English said something today like 'denying these clubs their rightful promotion'?

whats the difference between the 3 clubs rightfully promoted & the 3 clubs harshly relegated?

I liked when he walked back his support on Raith Rovers. 

15 hours ago, Fife Saint said:

One of the pillars of justice that English and Co had built their argument on was the French 'comparison '. One in the eye for the Fairness Fraternity.

Or "Un dans l'oiel pour la fraternite d'equite" as they say down Gorgie way.

14 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

English said something today like 'denying these clubs their rightful promotion'?

whats the difference between the 3 clubs rightfully promoted & the 3 clubs harshly relegated?

3 go up and 3 go down.

I listened to yesterday's effort today. One thing that stood out was English saying that Budge had said far more than the quote about her taking relegation on the chin and then repeating (for the umpteenth time) Roy McGregor saying that Hearts should take their medicine. I'm fairly sure McGregor has said a lot more than that but it suits his (TE) agenda to keep repeating it. He's a tit.

I'm still baffled why he's thrown any hint of impartiality away in this situation, and why the BBC allows it.

It's biased, unbalanced reporting with a clear agenda and gives undue attention to one side whilst almost completely ignoring the other side, and when the other side is acknowledged it's in a sneering dismissive manner and trashed in a childish, petulant way.

5 hours ago, microdave said:

I listened to yesterday's effort today. One thing that stood out was English saying that Budge had said far more than the quote about her taking relegation on the chin and then repeating (for the umpteenth time) Roy McGregor saying that Hearts should take their medicine. I'm fairly sure McGregor has said a lot more than that but it suits his (TE) agenda to keep repeating it. He's a tit.

One thing he mentioned was the £200-250 thousand the bottom 8 could each lose because of lower attendances after a 14 team split. I'd imagine Leslie Deans' seemingly authorised threats a couple of days before the vote didn't warm him much to the idea either.

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I'm still baffled why he's thrown any hint of impartiality away in this situation, and why the BBC allows it.

It's biased, unbalanced reporting with a clear agenda and gives undue attention to one side whilst almost completely ignoring the other side, and when the other side is acknowledged it's in a sneering dismissive manner and trashed in a childish, petulant way.

100% this.

English has firmly put himself in Gorgie Victim FC’s corner, and as chief sports reporter for the supposedly unbiased BBC, I can’t believe he is permitted to spout such 1 sided garbage, day after day either in print or on these podcasts. It is becoming seriously fucking tedious to listen to, and like Donald fucking Trump, it seems that he is preaching the same old pish to an ever diminishing group of sympathisers as every day passes.

Successful Businesswoman Anne Budge could burn down every SPFL ground in the country and English would be out with the usual, “she was forced into it”, line. “She didn’t want to do this, but her hand was forced”.

She has  been forced into this position by her team  being absolutely fucking  rancid all season. End of.

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Is today’s worth listening to?

Or is it just John Collins yelling at clouds?

Found the bit about his time in Monaco interesting, and how he wants to buy a club in Scotland and try something similar. All the players would have to live nearby so they can train twice a day without long commutes. Maybe part of yelling at clouds though.

Edited by welshbairn

10 hours ago, MacArab said:

and English would be out with the usual, “she was forced into it”, line. “She didn’t want to do this, but her hand was forced”.

Agreed - this is the problem with painting yourself into a corner - he has to keep doubling down after backing the horse that he convinced himself would win.

Difficult to see how he comes out of this saving any face.

I tend to agree with you that he will not give this up, continuing to embarrass himself and the programme. 

I wonder why we have heard so little of Mikey Stewart recently?