1 hour ago, Tannadeechee said:

Just because.you played football does not mean you are best placed or intelligent enough or in general have to ability to do that.

Most of these ex players live in a football vacuum and folk from outside bring other strengths and knowledge, which should work alongside those from football.

Especially successful business persons.

I suspect Tom English has immortalised himself with the words, 'Successful businesswoman' in the same way he immortalised John Brown as, 'Howling at the moon'.

25 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

At least John Collins played some of his football on the continent

It increased his ( footballing ) outlook on life , and made him a better player

It did and made it possible to take his top off to make points to players & I believe had very poor man manager skills. Proof that just because you played & were decent, you have the skills required.

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Especially successful business persons.

We'll some of them at least!! 😁

Edited by Tannadeechee

I seem to say this every week now, but today was up there with the worst ever. 

Tam Cowan and wanting to finish the league, then reconstruction, he must have been at the wind up surely! 

Todays guests and panel just talked the biggest bollocks ever.. still saying Reconstruction required and Fecken Colt teams just give it a rest! The BBC agenda is just sickening completely turned the programme away from what was a decent listen with some decent debate. Now just a sycophantic crawling bunch. At least Tam Cowan is living up to the “ill informed” description of the show.

At least Cosgrove still manages to put some realistic views over at times. Although Murray the MSP guy was given a platform today that went totally unchallenged!

22 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

Could Scott Brown play in a European league ?

Scott Brown could easily have played in the French league, yes.

Not that it will make a difference but I've put in a complaint about English's bias.

It's not journalism by any stretch of the imagination - but ill-informed, factually inaccurate guff supporting one side of the argument but never exploring the other side.

I expect better.

2 hours ago, Sparticus said:

My god theyre trying to get reconstruction back.

ITS FUCKING UNFAIR TO LET HEARTS STAY UP YOU FUCKING CLOWNS.

How is it ?

8 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

They finished bottom of the league?

Aye but we all know the circumstances regarding the league being finished, the dodgy dundee vote etc, all member clubs have a duty of care to the other clubs.

Edited by SJP79

11 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Not that it will make a difference but I've put in a complaint about English's bias.

It's not journalism by any stretch of the imagination - but ill-informed, factually inaccurate guff supporting one side of the argument but never exploring the other side.

I expect better.

Same here. Had enough, he is on a publicly funded broadcaster not a fan podcast.

1 minute ago, SJP79 said:

Aye but we all know the circumstances regarding the league being finished, the dodgy dundee vote etc, all members they have a duty of care to the other clubs.

And hearts have a duty of care to the other clubs to accept the final league standings.

5 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

And hearts have a duty of care to the other clubs to accept the final league standings.

They do but also have the right to fight thier case if they feel they have been treated unfairly. 

Edited by SJP79

4 minutes ago, SJP79 said:

They do but they also have the right to fight thier case if they have been treated unfairly. 

They havent been treated unfairly by the clubs.The situation has caused the unavoidable premature ending of the league and hearts Have simply been unlucky.

I'm a Hibby and even i have a slight bit sympathy, even if you couldnt see it if you pointed the hubble telescope in my face from a yard.

Edited by Sparticus
spel

16 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I expect better.

I've done the same. Not that it will make any difference but the BBC legal department need to be keeping an eye on this clown and his lack of journalistic objectivity, obvious hatred of certain people and borderline libellous comments. A shitshow of a programme.

3 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

They havent been treated unfairly by the clubs.The situation has caused the unavoidable premature ending of the league and hearts jave simply been unlucky.

I'm a Hibby and even i have a slight bit sympathy, even if you couldnt see it if you pointed the hubble telescope in my face from a yard.

But in thier opinion they have been treated unfairly by the other member clubs and the SPFL and therefore have a right to fight thier case in the courts. 

Edited by SJP79

Just now, SJP79 said:

But in thier opinion they have been treated unfairly by the other member clubs and therefore have a right to fight thier case in the courts. 

its a democracy and no unfairness has happened full stop.Everyone has voted in their own interest including hearts.Any outcome therefore is fair and must be accepted.go to court at your own peril.this will end bad for hearts.

2 minutes ago, SJP79 said:

But in thier opinion they have been treated unfairly by the other member clubs and the SPFL and therefore have a right to fight thier case in the courts. 

The SPFL rules they signed up to say that they should take their case to CAS first. 

Of course, we know what CAS would say.

4 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

its a democracy and no unfairness has happened full stop.Everyone has voted in their own interest including hearts.Any outcome therefore is fair and must be accepted.go to court at your own peril.this will end bad for hearts.

Yes and in democracies you have certain legal rights and one of those rights is to pursue legal action if you feel its justified, they clearly feel they have a strong case so they are taking it the legal route. 

Its not up to you to decide what's fair and what is'nt thats up to the legal system. 

Edited by SJP79

1 minute ago, SJP79 said:

Yes and in democracies you have certain legal rights and one of those rights is to pursue legal action if you feel its justified, they clearly feel they have a strong case so they are taking it the legal route. 

Its not up to you to decide what's fair and what is'nt thats up to the legal system. 

Well we'll find out anyway.I think though they shouldn't, SPFL clubs will chuck a low settlement at hearts and they'll take it.SPFL probably within its rights to chuck hearts and partick out the league but wont do it out of the sheer bad luck covid put them in.