Sportsound Watch

8 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

He was rubbish. I saw an awful lot of Aberdeen games in the 90s, and I have one positive memory of him only. I've got a distinct recollection of him scoring directly from a corner at Broomfield.

But on consulting Wiki it seems his only goal for Aberdeen was at Pittodrie v Motherwell.

So even my good memory is tarnished.

His career at Pittodrie from 1990-94 managed to narrowly avoid both the 1990 Scottish Cup and 1995 League Cup wins.

I think his appearance yesterday has resurfaced some inner trauma for me.

He also scored for Aberdeen away to Clyde in the 1991-92 Skol Cup 2nd Rd in a 4-0 win. We lost 1-0 to Airdrie the next round, at Pittodrie.

iDMLTtpmqTuaQ.gif.707b23993062d61a6f5377e612ca0781.gif

It was an idea taken from the pro 14 so the old firm can get their precious 4 old firm games. If other clubs weren't so weak when voting we wouldn't need to plan our whole league around them.

My ideal reconstruction would be 2 leagues of 16. Play each other twice 30 games. Then a champions league style league cup giving teams guaranteed 36 games. Regional leagues underneath.

Never happen though because Scottish football is all about the old firm.

8 minutes ago, ftk said:

It was an idea taken from the pro 14 so the old firm can get their precious 4 old firm games. If other clubs weren't so weak when voting we wouldn't need to plan our whole league around them.

My ideal reconstruction would be 2 leagues of 16. Play each other twice 30 games. Then a champions league style league cup giving teams guaranteed 36 games. Regional leagues underneath.

Never happen though because Scottish is all about the old firm.

This, I could go for. The original idea you put forward nope. Would also potentially make.league closer with only having to play OF* teams twice each rather than 4.

He also scored for Aberdeen away to Clyde in the 1991-92 Skol Cup 2nd Rd in a 4-0 win. We lost 1-0 to Airdrie the next round, at Pittodrie.
So he did! Indeed I was at that game, one of my two visits to Douglas Park.

Just reading up on him and I found a link to his CDS Mayfair biography - "David was a professional football player, and later manager, at the highest national and international levels for many years".

There's just a touch of varnish on that particular statement.

I suppose he's got one more Scotland U21 cap than me, so there is that.

Is there a way we can go about forcing change? I realise I probably sound like an absolute gammon writing that but I'm honestly fed up of the BBC dishing out utter shite yet that's my only source of Scottish football chat so it's that or nothing. 

43 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Is there a way we can go about forcing change? I realise I probably sound like an absolute gammon writing that but I'm honestly fed up of the BBC dishing out utter shite yet that's my only source of Scottish football chat so it's that or nothing. 

Only thing I can think of is if, like Rangers* fans, we complain on mass they might take notice of a pile of complaints of a similar nature.

7 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Only thing I can think of is if, like Rangers* fans, we complain on mass they might take notice of a pile of complaints of a similar nature.

Yes, but are you willing to follow through with the other unsavoury aspects that are usually concomitant to a campaign of that nature? 

Add Jim Jefferies to the list of morons who are saying "Wee shood huv plaid the seeson too a finush!"

Like the above poster points out, not once have the reasons why it wasn't possible been pointed out.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Steven Thomson:

"I've been to Wimbledon to see Roger Federer play a couple of times. It was like he playing a different sport to me."

As long as he wasn't talking about Steve Backley, or Fatima Whitbread

Edited by Tannadeechee

16 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:

I wonder if someone could tell football pundit Steven Thomson, especially point 4. Really grinds my gears that those paid to speak and report on football lack the facts that fans with non football/sport journalist jobs know. In the days of instant research via the internet there is no excuse!

I wish that someone would force Austin McCann (same surname as Hearts next manager coincidentally) to understand that point 4 as well. Not going to happen though.

To be fair, I think there are a few points where Richard Gordon manages to cut through the crap & highlights that Hearts & Thistle no longer, allegedly, hold the moral high ground through acting in self interest through legal action.  Also points out the financial impact that any compensation would have on the SPFL clubs, if this was awarded.  However, Neil McCan's assertion that none of this would have happened if the other clubs had just allowed the 14-10-10-10 reconstruction is just mind-blowing.  It's like the same argument that was made about the Hibs fans' actions  provoking Rangers*' fans to invade the pitch at the 2016 Scottish Cup Final. 

John Collins' also seems to be OK with Hearts holding the SPFL clubs over a financial barrel so they'll reconsider the 14-10-10-10 reconstruction, as the money the Premiership clubs will lose splitting payment between 14 teams as opposed to 12 would be less than a £10 million compensation payment.  Essentially the clubs have been made an offer they can't refuse, but apparently that's OK with JC.