Sportsound Watch

image.thumb.png.bc2348fb14e3c0889676deafdd6c838a.pngExcellent answer.

Given that Sportsound assured us that the money "could already have been in the bank account" then presumably this means that all the lower league clubs (I assume that also means Championship) are saved from financial ruin forthwith and can play behind closed doors?

I assume that this means there is also no requirement for any rushed temporary reconstruction?

3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Excellent answer.

Given that Sportsound assured us that the money "could already have been in the bank account" then presumably this means that all the lower league clubs (I assume that also means Championship) are saved from financial ruin forthwith and can play behind closed doors?

I assume that this means there is also no requirement for any rushed temporary reconstruction?

What's the betting that something comes up in a matter of, oh, hours after the league reconstruction talks formally break down, which means that the mystery investors somehow can't pour any money into the league?

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

What's the betting that something comes up in a matter of, oh, hours after the league reconstruction talks formally break down, which means that the mystery investors somehow can't pour any money into the league?

harry potter avada kedavra GIF

1 hour ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Even putting aside the desperate bribery aspect of it, I hate when people talk about a seven figure sum of money. 

If that is one million pounds and if all of that was given directly to the clubs (so not a penny to the SPFL or SFA themselves), and if it was split evenly between all 42 league clubs (which it never is) it would be just over £23,000 each. That's assuming they don't have to pay tax on it too.

Even in the current climate, and with furloughed players, £23k wouldn't last long for most clubs.

However, a seven figure sum could be over £9 million which would be an even split of over £214,000 each (with the same assumptions as above). That's a different thing entirely and could keep lower league clubs going for a lot longer. 

Of course we know it won't be the latter, and probably not even the former either. If they manage to get even a few hundred thousand, genuinely with no strings attached, they'll be doing well.

She said it was for lower league clubs. So have to do the workings again around 30 teams.

38 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

It’s unreal. I think some of these pundits would be happy if we had a top flight with the 12 biggest supported teams, with no relegation or promotion. They don’t seem to grasp a league system

I don’t think I’ve ever heard similar statements south of the border. We don’t hear from pundits down there slating Bournemouth for not being deserving of a place in the top league, in the same way that Hamilton get unfairly slated up here. Or the fawning over teams like Leeds or Nottingham Forrest and how they should be Premier League clubs similar to what we heard from the media when Dundee United, Hibs and Hearts were in the Championship. 

Willie Miller 100% wants that. He wants a snapshot of how the top league was for most of the 1980s (ignoring the 'smaller' teams who dared to have a season or two in it) to be the template for a closed shop division.

Gordon Strachan wants that too.

28 minutes ago, Green Day said:

image.thumb.png.bc2348fb14e3c0889676deafdd6c838a.pngExcellent answer.

Telt.

24 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

@BonniePrinceCharlie

What a fucking loser.  Has yer ma let you on the internet for the evening?

At least in red dotting you're not making a Noel Hunt of yourself with your spelling and grammar, so you've got that  going on.

image.png.4dac3572f39abbed81e0036b475ca5b4.png

Another Magee account?

Just now, bennett said:

Another Magee account?

No. He's very Hearts-centric, and very thick, while seeing fit to harangue other folks here about their grammar and spelling (something he's not exactly great at himself). It's far better if you avoid his posts and just think of him as a random mystery man who dots you if you disagree with Ann Budge; seeing him actually say something disabuses you of the mystery and the reality is a lot less interesting than your imagination.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Willie Miller 100% wants that. He wants a snapshot of how the top league was for most of the 1980s (ignoring the 'smaller' teams who dared to have a season or two in it) to be the template for a closed shop division.

Gordon Strachan wants that too.

I can live with that, as long as it's smack dab in the middle of the 1980s, say season 1984-85...:thumsup2

55 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

No. He's very Hearts-centric, and very thick, while seeing fit to harangue other folks here about their grammar and spelling (something he's not exactly great at himself). It's far better if you avoid his posts and just think of him as a random mystery man who dots you if you disagree with Ann Budge; seeing him actually say something disabuses you of the mystery and the reality is a lot less interesting than your imagination.

He's a fanny would have covered it.  

3 hours ago, ropy said:

Taking the cash offer at face value.

You cannot just accept a donation, you need to do Money Laundering and Sanctions checks.  There needs to be some agreement defined even if it is just to confirm that there are no strings.  If the benefactor wishes to be anonymous then perhaps it is difficult to lift the phone to him/them.

Exactly this could quite easily be a huge money laundering operation by organised crime groups in Scotland or abroad. Its a very dangerous and immoral game to get involved in. 

The line that made me laugh the most was when Brian McLaughlin was saying that the money could have been transferred over last week if it had got the green light. A baffling statement 

The old adage "if something is too good to be true it probably is" immediately springs to mind. 

I think Scottish football generally are letting Ann Budge burn herself out coming up with plans and counter plans that have absolutely no chance of being successful. Just get to court so the rest of the clubs will eventually know where they stand and when there is a thumbs to resume we're in a position at least to get going. 

Perhaps the philanthropists money will be needed to fund what are going to be hefty legal bills.

Eventually, we'll all just get back to watching our teams remotely and wonder what the fuss was all about. 😂