Sportsound Watch

1 minute ago, LincolnHearts said:

I'm just pleased that nobody is seething.

Has her mask slipped yet in the view of Hearts fans?

Theres "fighting for whats best for the club", and then theres trying to exploit smaller clubs who are close to death. She has zero intention of giving them money. None.

1 minute ago, LincolnHearts said:

I'm just pleased that nobody is seething.

I don't see any seething?  Do you Jambos think other team's fans laughing at you and bathing in your clear discomfort is seethe?  

Best lockdown ever.   Watching Budge decompose is tremendous fun. 

15 minutes ago, Public menace said:

Not near a radio. Will catch podcast later. So what the overview here? Budge offering a payment to lower league clubs to vote reconstruction though and safe the jam tarts? What’s the figure?

A seven figure sum - not from Budge, but from people she knows who have given Hearts money in the past. 

Edited by paranoid android

3 minutes ago, Public menace said:

Not near a radio. Will catch podcast later. So what the overview here? Budge offering a payment to lower league clubs to vote reconstruction though and safe the jam tarts? What’s the figure?

Shes decided, after 3 months of no football and a final vote on reconstruction just days away, that her "friend" is willing to put millions into Scottish football.

Shes refused to put that money in now, because the SPFL asked her to put it in official writing, rather than just accepting a bag of cash from an unknown source.

Hard to understand her motives behind offering huge swathes of money to struggling sides while trying to paint the SPFL as bad guys tbh.

6 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

A seven million sum - not from Budge, but from people she knows who have given Hearts money in the past. 

Seven million quid? Fucking hell thats wild. Don’t blame the SPFL for wanting a detailed paper on it.

Did you mean seven figure by any chance? :lol: 

Edited by Zing.

7 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Two players freed already - more to leave this week and next week - there will surely be more.

I thought she was meaning folk like office staff.

A seven million sum - not from Budge, but from people she knows who have given Hearts money in the past. 

My own opinion has always been a larger league would be better for Scottish football as a whole. Whether this is the time to implement this or not, I’m not too sure.

The whole reconstruction thing is an embarrassment towards hearts, spearheaded by budge. My own club (thistle), I would say have been the most unfairly treated due to the circumstances. Although the powers that be a firhill are raging at the way things have happened, I’m content that they haven’t embarrassed themselves on the level that budge has.

Though, a seven mill (if I’m picking the figure up correct) could be a massive financial injection in lot the lower leagues....

Disclaimer, I’ve no heard the radio yet and just going on the things I’ve picked up from here.

Taking the cash offer at face value.

You cannot just accept a donation, you need to do Money Laundering and Sanctions checks.  There needs to be some agreement defined even if it is just to confirm that there are no strings.  If the benefactor wishes to be anonymous then perhaps it is difficult to lift the phone to him/them.

7 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

She said 7 figures.  The tits on Sportsound turned it into multi millions. 

I suspect it is closer to zero and she's about to get served by Doncaster, again.

Guest The Phoenix

If Ann is going to save the Lower League Clubs, who is riding to the rescue of the Premiership & Championship Clubs that, in relative terms,  are (at least) as cash strapped? 

1 minute ago, ropy said:

Taking the cash offer at face value.

You cannot just accept a donation, you need to do Money Laundering and Sanctions checks.  There needs to be some agreement defined even if it is just to confirm that there are no strings.  If the benefactor wishes to be anonymous then perhaps it is difficult to lift the phone to him/them.

No no, according to a successful business woman on the radio earlier that sort of thing is 'nonsense'.

It's clear she's became accustomed to keeping the lights on with donations such that she thinks everyone is ready to accept a brown envelope, no questions asked.  

Doncaster statement!

Said he was under the impression that Budge was still talking to the mystery 'philanthropists' and that this is the first time he's heard the 'no strings attached' bit and as such is happy to now speak to them and will try to do so over the weekend.