Sportsound Watch

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

We went through this earlier in the week on the main Rangers thread and they don't.

They confirm that once you vote "accept" it is cast.

They do not confirm that once you vote "reject" it is cast.

Therefore every club who voted "accept" officially cast a vote, while clubs who voted "reject" had not.

By the rules of the vote, Dundee had not voted "accept" so their vote was never officially cast until they then did at a later date. Once they voted "accept" then it was officially their vote cast, and the motion passed within 28 days.

Every club read those rules and agreed to the beforehand. Every club had 28 days to vote. Every club was aware that every other club could change a "reject" vote within 28 days. 

Maybe some of these clubs, now frantically hiring lawyers to read the small print of every document, shouldve done that before the vote.

Edited by RandomGuy.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The rules of the vote specifically say a "refuse" vote can be changed at any point within the 28 day deadline.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

As I said, we went through this earlier in the week.  Your initial point was wrong and your follow-up is speculative dross.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

As I said, we went through this earlier in the week.  Your initial point was wrong and your follow-up is speculative dross.

No.

There is no mention anywhere on the rule sheet of a "reject" vote being a confirmed, final, vote.

There is mention of an "accept" vote being a confirmed, final, vote.

If you can prove to me that Dundees "reject" vote couldnt be overturned, then on you go.

@The_KincardineIts been said many times, but once more for the hard of thinking - 

There were no votes "against" the resolution, only votes for.

There was a hurdle rate at which the resolution would pass if X number of votes were cast for it in the Premiership.

Non votes, No votes, spoilt votes, jobbies smeared on a stick - are all irrelevant.

All that is relevant is a vote FOR the proposal within a 28 day period.

Finally.....................it wasnt tricky to understand at the time, and its less tricky now its been reiterated 5000 times, ffs

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

@The_KincardineIts been said many times, but once more for the hard of thinking - 

So is this a photoshop job?

dundee.JPG.17ee879c2b828aa6acaf716697e235cb.JPG

However you want to spin it, Dundee cast a perfectly acceptable vote.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Yes.

You said, "The rules of the vote specifically say a "refuse" vote can be changed at any point within the 28 day deadline."

You were wrong.

You said "if the votes had been allowed to stand as originally cast, the vote would have failed".

This is false because, according to the rules, "accept" votes were the only ones that were officially cast within the 28 days.

You were wrong.

If the votes stood as originally cast, the vote would have passed, as only "accept" were officially cast.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Yes, but - and i am trying to be kind - the rules of "the club" (SPFL) say that resolutions dont have Yes or No votes because you can only vote FOR a reoltution.

I know there is a "No" option on the slip, but it has no more or less relevance than Rangers not voting at all - it is just a device to make things simpler for the clubs.

You must comprehend this, surely? 

13 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Is this a photoshop job?

lulz.jpg

Who knows? 

But as long as it's believable.

16 minutes ago, Green Day said:

8 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I know there is a "No" option on the slip, but it has no more or less relevance than Rangers not voting at all - it is just a device to make things simpler for the clubs.

We had a simple adopt/reject ballot and Dundee voted 'reject'.

That they were then offered stardust and moonbeams, glamour ties and links with big-hitters is exactly why this flawed process needs to be called to account.

44 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Sorry Aberdeen fans but Willie Miller is our Primark version of Mark Lawrenson. He is woeful.

Tom English should have been chased back to Rugby after his opinion on Van Dijk.

Have I missed something?

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They confirm that once you vote "accept" it is cast.

Therefore every club who voted "accept" officially cast a vote, while clubs who voted "reject" had not.

By the rules of the vote, Dundee had not voted "accept" so their vote was never officially cast until they then did at a later date. Once they voted "accept" then it was officially their vote cast, and the motion passed within 28 days.

Every club read those rules and agreed to the beforehand. Every club had 28 days to vote. Every club was aware that every other club could change a "reject" vote within 28 days. 

Maybe some of these clubs, now frantically hiring lawyers to read the small print of every document, shouldve done that before the vote.

I’ve been trying for days for The_Kincardine to see that, as any intelligent person will acknowledge, because it says that an Adopt vote cannot be changed, and it doesn’t say that a Reject vote cannot be changed, then a Reject vote can be changed. I’ve given up as it’s like bangin’ yer heid aff a brick wa’. 

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve been trying for days for The_Kincardine to see that, as any intelligent person will acknowledge, because it says that an Adopt vote cannot be changed, and it doesn’t say that a Reject vote cannot be changed, then a Reject vote can be changed. I’ve given up as it’s like bangin’ yer heid aff a brick wa’. 

Part of the background to this is utter shite such as RamblingGuy stating nonsense such as, "The rules of the vote specifically say a "refuse" vote can be changed at any point within the 28 day deadline." and others saying the likes of, "You can't change a Yes vote but you can change a No vote".  This is demonstrable pap.

As I have said repeatedly, there is no provision for changing a No/reject/don't accept vote.

Now if you want to go down the, "it doesn’t say that a Reject vote cannot be changed, then a Reject vote can be changed." wormhole then I'm willing but it changes nothing.  Dundee cast a perfectly acceptable vote and it should be respected.  

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I have said, many times, that our prime driver here is for all league positions to be frozen and for no winners or losers to be declared - thus no 9IAR.

Bingo, the prime motivation is to stop 9iar.

We had a simple adopt/reject ballot and Dundee voted 'reject'.
That they were then offered stardust and moonbeams, glamour ties and links with big-hitters is exactly why this flawed process needs to be called to account.

Do you have a dossier of evidence to support these claims of bribery??