Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

It’s a bad day when Patrick Bonner is coming across as one of the more intelligent members of the panel. Also noticed something that a poster had mentioned a few pages back, that Michael Stewart starts most of his statements with ‘this is something I’ve been saying for weeks’. 

Listen, ex football players love well used saying. 

To much heading the ball, I'll tell you what.

Michael Stewart is the only one talking about contingency plans, the rest can't see passed their nose.
Whether the transfer window opens or not every club will have a different playing squad by the time we get to play football again.
Is it going to take one club to go tits up before they stop their petty squabbles?

5 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

It’s a bad day when Patrick Bonner is coming across as one of the more intelligent members of the panel. Also noticed something that a poster had mentioned a few pages back, that Michael Stewart starts most of his statements with ‘this is something I’ve been saying for weeks’. 

The only time Bonnar seems intelligent is when he says nothing. He only spoke yesterday when asked and even then he just repeated what the question was or what the last person said. Insight into Scottish football? Giving an honest opinion without fear of upsetting someone? Naw. To his credit he is better sitting saying nothing than the numpties that constantly talk shite like Chick Young or the know-it-alls like Michael Stewart or the agenda ridden Tom English or the hard of hearing Willie Miller or the 'listen' Billy Dodds. I think most of them have a hearing problem. Over the last few weeks we have had loads of chairmen on giving their views yet 5 minutes later they are misquoted and misrepresented by the pundits. Surely there are better out there?

8 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Left work on Saturday just as the programme started so had it on for the drive home and it didn’t disappoint. Listened to the rest in the house but it descended into a shouting match at times. I understand that they aren’t broadcasting from a studio but you would think grown men would have the ability to allow one person to speak at a time, and allow questions that have been asked to be answered. 

Also, I must have heard Willie Miller say the phrase ‘if I’m understanding this correctly’ about 15 times. He was basically farting a statement out, completely unaware wether it was a legitimate argument or not, and then stating after it ‘if I’m understanding this correctly’. I don’t know what Miller spends his days doing during lockdown, but personally if I was appearing on a radio show at some point in the future I would try and get myself clued up enough on the facts that I didn’t need to keep repeating the phrase ‘if im understanding this correctly’. 

Willie Miller stated live on air during an Aberdeen - St Johnstone game a few years back that he ‘didn’t have time to learn all the names of the St Johnstone players’.

That’s the level of professionalism that we have come to expect from Miller and the other Sportsound contributors. 

4 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Willie Miller stated live on air during an Aberdeen - St Johnstone game a few years back that he ‘didn’t have time to learn all the names of the St Johnstone players’.

That’s the level of professionalism that we have come to expect from Miller and the other Sportsound contributors. 

Tbf Willie Miller has absolutely despised Saints since the 5-1 win away at Pittodrie.

He got roundly hounded for trying to claim Saints got lucky and Aberdeen were comfortably a better side.

2 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

What have I missed from Doncaster?

Not much, other than he's said..

"mistakes were made but not the ones highlighted by Rangers"

"if anyone has been bullied they should report it, no formal report has been made"

Yes picking Currie as interviewer is pretty weak. Weird having the third choice interviewer is taking this one on.

But Doncaster is dealing with the impressively- straightforward and clear. He just swatted aside the troubling Brechin / play-off question with consummate ease.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

5 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Doncaster is being slimy and evasive as usual but he’s hardly being put under any pressure by the pathetic David Currie. 

Another missed opportunity by Sportsound.

I thought he was OK again.  Logical and coherent.

Tom English is an absolute walloper. Just ploughing on with his points...pandemic, what pandemic?

Doncaster could have offered abject contrition and his resignation at the end of the interview and English would still be denouncing his words in shrill and pious tones. arsehole

Just now, Speroni*1 said:

English FFS. He needs punted at this stage. Horrendous.

He's a divisive stirrer pandering to angry fans of impacted clubs.  He doesn't offer any solutions, just random brain-spurts.