Sportsound Watch

Anyone who defends Richard Gordon should be pointed to his gentle questioning of a piece of shit attention seeking bigot.

Appalling that they had such a horrendous human being on the show. Are they getting the grand wizard of the KKK on next week? Maybe a member of the Hitler Youth? Or that Yaxley-Lennon p***k?

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyone who defends Richard Gordon should be pointed to his gentle questioning of a piece of shit attention seeking bigot.

Appalling that they had such a horrendous human being on the show. Are they getting the grand wizard of the KKK on next week? Maybe a member of the Hitler Youth? Or that Yaxley-Lennon p***k?

Who the hell did they have on the show?

Here’s some of Gregory Campbell’s greatest hits. 

On homosexuality -  "It's an evil, wicked, abhorrent practice. My opposition to that is based on the Bible and also based on natural justice and I know many people who do not share my Protestant faith but who would share my opposition to homosexuality because they believe it is something which would corrupt society as a whole and is something so radically awful as to merit total and utter opposition. You're not even talking about something which is a run of the mill sexual practice but something which is totally and utterly depraved, and to me anyway the AIDS scare which is currently running through America is proof that homosexual practice is something which calls upon the curse of God."

On The Simpsons - In October 2008, Campbell spoke out against the American cartoon after a St Patrick's day episode showed a fight between nationalists and unionists. The episode also featured references to the IRA. Campbell said, "The Simpsons is a humorous cartoon but the context of using a line like that about an organisation which caused so much death will lead people to have very mixed views."

On Dido - Campbell criticised the singer for her song "Let's Do The Things We Normally Do", which referenced lyrics from a song, "The Men Behind The Wire". The original song had been written in response to internment in Northern Ireland and Campbell suggested "she [Dido] should clarify her position so that her fans and the wider public knows where she stands on these things"

Zoomer. 

Is there any point in talking about reconstruction until we know WHEN we are playing again. There won’t be 42 clubs left by the time this is over, is a complete waste of time. The talk should be a Plan B on how we get some sort of football/income coming back into the game

4 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Is there any point in talking about reconstruction until we know WHEN we are playing again. There won’t be 42 clubs left by the time this is over, is a complete waste of time. The talk should be a Plan B on how we get some sort of football/income coming back into the game

The SFA/SPFL Joint Response Group do have a committee specifically planning how to manage the return of football. But I'm not sure how you're expecting "some sort of football" to be structured if you don't also discuss reconstruction. How are you planning to start back up if you don't know which teams are in which competitions?

Edited by craigkillie

Gregory Campbell, an excerpt from his wiki:

"That same year, in an extensive interview with Magill magazine, Campbell outlined his opposition to homosexuality, telling journalist Fintan O'Toole: "It's an evil, wicked, abhorrent practice. My opposition to that is based on the Bible and also based on natural justice and I know many people who do not share my Protestant faith but who would share my opposition to homosexuality because they believe it is something which would corrupt society as a whole and is something so radically awful as to merit total and utter opposition. You're not even talking about something which is a run of the mill sexual practice but something which is totally and utterly depraved, and to me anyway the AIDS scare which is currently running through America is proof that homosexual practice is something which calls upon the curse of God."

What a c**t.

4 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Gregory Campbell probably still thinks the earth is flat.. a truly deplorable human, no wonder hes a sevco mouthpiece really.

As a fan, I see no issue with him raising his concerns, he is entitled to just like everyone else.

However he has history of involving himself in debates that he has no jurisdiction on. For example he voted against LGBT inclusivity within the English education system, a system that is devolved and wouldn't affect him or his constituents. He was not the only DUP member to vote on the matter.

Let nobody be in any doubt, he is an empty vessel of the worst kind, and along with the rest of his party he is a flag waiver for intolerance across the spectrum of issues.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

As a fan, I see no issue with him raising his concerns, he is entitled to just like everyone else.

However he has history of involving himself in debates that he has no jurisdiction on. For example he voted against LGBT inclusivity within the English education system, a system that is devolved and wouldn't affect him or his constituents. He was not the only DUP member to vote on the matter.

Let nobody be in any doubt, he is an empty vessel of the worst kind, and along with the rest of his party he is a flag waiver for intolerance across the spectrum of issues.

I dont need a history lesson on this cretin, he should eff off back under the rock he crawled out from in Derry...

Edited by Bohemian

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Gregory Campbell, DUP MP

Even by their standards he Is batshit crazy.

I was out at shops when he was introduced so didn't even have the chance to rant at my wife about this horrible c**t.

That Sportsound felt he has a valid voice tells you everything you need to know about the show right now. Editorially, it's down the toilet.

51 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The SFA/SPFL Joint Response Group do have a committee specifically planning how to manage the return of football. But I'm not sure how you're expecting "some sort of football" to be structured if you don't also discuss reconstruction. How are you planning to start back up if you don't know which teams are in which competitions?

It’s about getting it in the right order.

First priority should be planning on how to get get games/income back on, forget the league structures or how many in each league. That will be stage 2 when we have a clearer idea of when club can start earning money and in what way.

Then, depending on how many of the club we still have left at that point, talk about how they will slot into order in a league structure.