Billy Dodds being employed by the BBC is a big enough question in itself, but surely there are better uses of the BBC's money than Billy Dodds sitting watching a Twitter feed?

Why can't Richard Gordon manage that himself?

Don’t know what it was like for a neutral but last nights show would have been a good listen for Motherwell and St Mirren fans.

4 hours ago, ropy said:

Don’t know what it was like for a neutral but last nights show would have been a good listen for Motherwell and St Mirren fans.

It was mentioned on the match thread that the commentator was very good. As I said last night 'he won't last'!

5 hours ago, ropy said:

1 hour ago, paulbrucerick said:

It was mentioned on the match thread that the commentator was very good. As I said last night 'he won't last'!

It was brilliant drama, and the commentator was indeed excellent.

2 hours ago, paulbrucerick said:

32 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It was brilliant drama, and the commentator was indeed excellent.

If the Commentator is as good as you say he is and has any sense he'll use Sportsound as a stepping stone to bigger and better things instead of working with a bunch of clowns at a run down circus.

What is the commentators name btw?

Did sportsound really ignore our glorious game tonight?

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

No.  

6 hours ago, bennett said:

Billy Dodds was giving live updates from the BT Sport app on Richard Gordon’s Samsung S8, but it ran out of battery in the 60th minute. 

Really enjoying listening to the preview of today's Celtic and Rangers games. Who they playing?

Really enjoying listening to the preview of today's Celtic and Rangers games. Who they playing?

That's the main reason I don't listen to it on my way to games any more. Used to get the team news and a bit of chat about the days fixtures from all the divisions, etc. Now it's just those two even if they aren't playing. Stick to Paul Gambaccini on Radio 2 these days. Don't miss it at all and that's a shame.

On 21/02/2020 at 06:08, IrishBhoy said:

Billy Dodds was giving live updates from the BT Sport app on Richard Gordon’s Samsung S8, but it ran out of battery in the 60th minute. 

They pushed the boat out for us then.

Put it on the car as I went up to the game today. 25 minutes or so talking about the Rangers result on Thursday night, about their tactics and players, about stopping Ten in a Row... as good a result as that was on Wednesday, they had the Thursday show and the Friday show to talk about that then they have the evening part of the show when they play Hearts to talk about them and then the midweek Sportsound shows to talk about Ten in a Row and the Bayer Leverkusen tie. It was like there were no games being played at 3pm today.

The Rangers/Celtic obsession doesn't usually bother me but I genuinely couldn't believe how much time the interviewer spent asking Stendel about the Rangers v Leverkusen tie. Disgraceful journalism, and Stendel should have told him to beat it.

The Rangers/Celtic obsession doesn't usually bother me but I genuinely couldn't believe how much time the interviewer spent asking Stendel about the Rangers v Leverkusen tie. Disgraceful journalism, and Stendel should have told him to beat it.

I haven’t heard this but I’m riled about it just reading your post.

15 hours ago, David W said:

Exactly,  he should have been asking about the invincibles next game  in Europe. 

This commentator doing the St Johnstone vs Celtic game is quite good. He doesn’t sound like he’s 12 or Kermit the frog.

10 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

This commentator doing the St Johnstone vs Celtic game is quite good. He doesn’t sound like he’s 12 or Kermit the frog.

There's been a new guy doing some games - Stuart Mitchell I think? He's been doing the live SWPL games and some of the latter games on Sportscene.

Michael Stewart was back. Did he get let off with throwing stones?