Sportsound Watch

43 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

He didn’t panic.

To paraphrase Gene Hackman in Enemy of the State, you're either incredibly naive or incredibly stupid. The arse fell out of McIntyres trousers the instant Traynor was mentioned by name. That wasn't him being a professional BBC journalist needing balance, that was a two-bit Rangers hack who has somehow ended up on national radio, raging that his club's mouthpiece was being outed and shiting himself at the prospect of the imminent legal rammy. HIs line summed it up for me later, when he simpered to Stewart "is it not the case though that some Rangers fans will be delighted that they have someone standing up for them because they feel victimised by press and pundits". Which, for a so called professional journalist presenting on national radio, is quite ridiculous.

To paraphrase Gene Hackman in Enemy of the State, you're either incredibly naive or incredibly stupid. The arse fell out of McIntyres trousers the instant Traynor was mentioned by name. That wasn't him being a professional BBC journalist needing balance, that was a two-bit Rangers hack who has somehow ended up on national radio, raging that his club's mouthpiece was being outed and shiting himself at the prospect of the imminent legal rammy. HIs line summed it up for me later, when he simpered to Stewart "is it not the case though that some Rangers fans will be delighted that they have someone standing up for them because they feel victimised by press and pundits". Which, for a so called professional journalist presenting on national radio, is quite ridiculous.

Disagree. Part of his job as host is to ensure the conversation doesn’t put the bbc at risk. The bbc have an ongoing feud with rangers in which traynor specifically has complained about them.

As soon as Stewart mentions him by name he needs to distance the bbc from it, give balance and then move the conversation on. It’s literally his job.

26 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Disagree. Part of his job as host is to ensure the conversation doesn’t put the bbc at risk. The bbc have an ongoing feud with rangers in which traynor specifically has complained about them.

As soon as Stewart mentions him by name he needs to distance the bbc from it, give balance and then move the conversation on. It’s literally his job.

Point taken, and you're spot on. That IS his job. The issue I have is that had he said any of what you've said in your post, in that manner, he'd have been on higher ground than Michael Stewart and probably shut him up. He didn't though, either because he's incapable intellectually or because of his emotional attachment to the club. Which is fine if he's on Rainjurs Wireless 1690 AM, but he's not. 

Edited by mozam76

1 hour ago, mozam76 said:

I have read your piece of dramatic and over the top sensationalism, and that’s all it is. “Simpered”, really? You’ll get a job for a red top if want it.

I find the manic reaction amongst the presenters and other parts of the media, to the mention of one man's name maybe proves Stewart's point a bit. Having said that i understand why McIntyre had to step in as it's just his job, however he made a bit of an arse of it and it just came out like a blind panic. 

20 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I have read your piece of dramatic and over the top sensationalism, and that’s all it is. “Simpered”, really? You’ll get a job for a red top if want it.

My wife has long accused me of being anything but sensational, so I found this rather comforting.

1 minute ago, Fratelli said:

I find the manic reaction amongst the presenters and other parts of the media, to the mention of one man's name maybe proves Stewart's point a bit. Having said that i understand why McIntyre had to step in as it's just his job, however he made a bit of an arse of it and it just came out like a blind panic. 

Sportsound survives on the back of old-pals crap where no one offends anyone as they know the player or manager on some personal basis that is being talked about.  It leads to years of endless tedious 'discussions'.  The Stewart incident shows what happens when someone actually has a real point to make miles away from the usual guff.  I don't think McIntyres comment about making Rangers fans feel like someone was on their side was a sign of him panicking about the BBC getting involved in a law suit.  More like his desperate attempt to get it all back in line with the usual controlled discussion that rambles on for hours on this show.  God help people rocking the boat on that programme. 

8 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Sportsound survives on the back of old-pals crap where no one offends anyone as they know the player or manager on some personal basis that is being talked about.  It leads to years of endless tedious 'discussions'.  The Stewart incident shows what happens when someone actually has a real point to make miles away from the usual guff.  I don't think McIntyres comment about making Rangers fans feel like someone was on their side was a sign of him panicking about the BBC getting involved in a law suit.  More like his desperate attempt to get it all back in line with the usual controlled discussion that rambles on for hours on this show.  God help people rocking the boat on that programme. 

It is quite sad that a pundit employed to give a view isn't 'really' allowed to give one.

It's maybe a bit of a legal minefield misnaming the Daily record but if you just argue that the official statements coming out of Rangers, including statements written by Traynor and interviews given by him on behalf of that club, are inflammatory and usually well wide of the mark, I don't think there's much argument to be made against it.

51 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It's maybe a bit of a legal minefield misnaming the Daily record but if you just argue that the official statements coming out of Rangers, including statements written by Traynor and interviews given by him on behalf of that club, are inflammatory and usually well wide of the mark, I don't think there's much argument to be made against it.

You're assuming Michael Stewart would be capable of doing that without, apparently, making a complete arse of things.

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Unfortunately I agree

29 minutes ago, Doctor said:

Mivhael Stewart is certainly a better footballer than every poster on here and probably smarter than the majority.

A damning indictment of the collective intellect of P&B.