Sportsound Watch

3 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

He has talked on Sportsound / Off The ball (can't recall which one) about being a boyhood Rangers fan. The Buddies thing is an affectation but I don't think he fakes having a soft spot for them. There was a story behind why he became a 'fan' of them, can't recall it in any detail though!

His step father was a St Mirren fan and he then decided to "follow St Mirren"

On 02/02/2020 at 02:04, sjc said:

I probably shouldn't say this as I'm currently in the process of training my 6month old dog but I'd actively encourage him to attack Chick Young.

If every dog owner in Scotland did the same thing, would it be safe for Chick to leave his house?

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Ball hits bar. Bar falls in perfect position for poaching striker to nod in. Goal.

Nothing bizarre in the slightest. f**k off Chic you imbecile.

Must have been a hell of a shot to destroy the actual frame of the goal.

Michael Michael. What a Hero [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Fair fucks to the guy.

Might not be back on Sportsound again but he’s went out with a bang. Absiolute superb stuff.

It would do him an injustice to describe the last 10 minutes. Listen yourselves. McIntyre shiting himself and Jabba getting on to the lawyers.

Jeezo the small time politics of Scottish football punditry is something else.

Michael Stewart calling out traynor for stoking hatred with regards rangers.

Kenny the host having a heart attack to defend traynor - who isn't there to defend himself.

Racism, party politics, sectarianism, online bullying - all getting a good airing.

A wee bit of perspective needed, lads. It's fitba.

Can’t remember the exact words but when Stewart said it needed people to come together and be honest with each other.

When McIntyre asked what he meant I was hoping he would say those 2 words that the BBC and SFA are too scared to say.....

13 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:

Probably consulting with lawyers before putting the podcast up.

What exactly did he say?

If it was very directly critical of Traynor, there possibly would be concern from a legal viewpoint.  At least, they'll be wary about falling out further.

BBC Scotland is pretty spineless that way.   

What exactly did he say? If it was very directly critical of Traynor, there possibly would be concern from a legal viewpoint.  At least, they'll be wary about falling out further.

BBC Scotland is pretty spineless that way.   

Called Traynor “dangerous” and “a bully”. Intentionally stoking up a narrative of hatred for his own personal gain...

Obviously more, but this seemed the worst. He did make sure a few minutes later that he wanted to be clear his comments weren’t aimed at the Football Club...[emoji23][emoji23]

Just now, G-MAN said:

I was in shock so probably missed it all.

Called Traynor “dangerous” and “a bully”. Intentionally stocking up a narrative of hatred for his own personal gain...

Obviously more, but this seemed the worst. He did make sure a few minutes later that he wanted to be clear his comments weren’t aimed at the Football Club...

Did he explicitly identify Traynor by name?

Good on him, if so.

Yeah I normally listen to the podcast version but after what people said I went and streamed it off their website. I'm assuming it only lets you go back to the start of the episode if it's the show that's currently on now?

Stewart did, not for the first time, allow himself to become too indignant and confrontational when he could have simply stayed calm and stood his ground.

However, it was during an elevated heart rate episode that he called Traynor "dangerous", so I'm glad he got a bit carried away.

His central, simple message, that kept being misinterpreted as defence of racism was (paraphrasing):

There is a narrative that Morelos is refereed to a harsher standard than other players, and this appears to have become received wisdom; but there is no evidence to support the hypothesis. 

Quite reasonable; and logically, only refutable by the furnishing of evidence. But once more, none was forthcoming.

He did make a pretty good point when asked about McCoist's assertion, "If Morelos does [what Griffith did], he's off!" He compared it to the rescinded red that Morelos had last season, saying that Morelos's act was more violent (he actually said "more force"), so there was at least a case to be made that people were looking for harsher treatment for Griffith.

Of course, his "debunking of the narrative" was immediately turned into something else. But he had said enough to demonstrate that there at least may be such a narrative.

Also, he called out Traynor in a pretty hilarious way.

Yeah I normally listen to the podcast version but after what people said I went and streamed it off their website. I'm assuming it only lets you go back to the start of the episode if it's the show that's currently on now?
Aye seems to be the case. Been caught out by that a few times.