Sportsound Watch

11 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Yep, was a primary teacher from mid 50s til he joined the Beeb full time in the late 60s.

Christ, imagine a telling off from him, blethering away using words nobody knows anymore, it would put you to sleep.   Only his outrageous socks and halfmasts would keep you focused!

4 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Christ, imagine a telling off from him, blethering away using words nobody knows anymore, it would put you to sleep.   Only his outrageous socks and halfmasts would keep you focused!

He talks in the book about having to sort out a dispute between a dinner lady and a janny (that she claimed was a flasher). The janny didn't take the telling off well! 😆

13 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

He talks in the book about having to sort out a dispute between a dinner lady and a janny (that she claimed was a flasher). The janny didn't take the telling off well! 😆

"Now son, to display ones genitalia in such a manner to compound, irrespective of class.. "

Bet the dinner lady regretted bringing it up after a  20 minute Dickensian speech.

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

She sounded fucking terrified. Brandon baker and glen kamaro

I didn’t want to be too harsh in case it was someone winning a competition or something but it was truly awful. I googled Barker’s name to make sure I hadn’t been wrong this whole time!

Fair play to that goon Currie. He managed to figure out AND clarify to the listeners that an email saying “Robinson of Motherwell for me” meant Stephen Robinson. 
Also learnt that Preston knows Hearts season ticket holders that have been since they were two years old! Respect. 

Right, this might be a stupid question, but...............I have pasted below the SPFL rule on media co-operation.

How do The Rangers get away with no interviews, no coverage etc with the BBC (given they have a commercial contract with the SPFL)?

Am I missing something?

APPENDIX 5 Media Co-Operation Requirements

A. At every League Match and Play-Off Match which is televised or in respect of which moving pictures are to be recorded by or on behalf of the Company, Home Clubs are required to: (i) grant access to reporters, technicians, cameramen, interviewers and others working with or for television, radio and other broadcast media partners with which the Company has a Commercial Contract for the purposes of Section I of these Rules or who are working under a contract with and for the Company to the tunnel and trackside area prior to kick-off for the purpose of approaching Players and Club Officials on the football management and coaching staff of Clubs for interviews during this period (N.B. the decision whether to speak to such media remains with the individuals themselves and Clubs may require that any interview requests are directed through their PR or operations staff) and ensure that branded backdrop boards provided by or on behalf of the League are suitably located for such interviews; and (ii) make reasonable provision for the representatives of the Visiting Club’s official website. B At every League Match and Play-Off Match which is televised or in respect of which moving pictures are to be recorded by or on behalf of the Company, Clubs are required to: (i) ensure that all television and other interviews in front of a camera recording moving images for broadcast take place in front of the branded backdrop boards provided by or on behalf of the League; (ii) ensure that its Players participate in the pre-match “League Handshake” and for live televised matches allow at least one cameraman pitch access for the duration of the handshake; and (iii) make available at least one Official on the football management or coaching staff of the Club and at least one Player who Played in the match for interview after the match within 30 minutes of the final whistle, giving priority to broadcast media partners of the Company with which the Company has a Commercial Contract for the purposes of Section I of these Rules who are broadcasting live (N.B. the League’s media guidelines to Clubs that post-match interviews should take place within 10 minutes of the final whistle).