Sportsound Watch

I seriously don't understand how anyone can hate the aguerooooo moment of commentary. 

Presumably you didn't watch it live?

It was unbelievable how that league campaign ended. Genuinely spine tingling. They were massive favourites to win the game at a canter and proceeded to f**k it up massively. Man United had all but finished and the title was theirs. It was an incredible end to a season and there was nothing fake or over-hyped in Tyler's reaction.

Yeah I think it was pretty iconic. It wasnt just the Aguero bit, afterwards when he was on one about how "I swear you'll never see anything like this again". Wasnt scripted, as you couldn't really have scripted that. It was just pure amazement in his voice.  

Another iconic moment I always enjoy is Andy Grays "take a bow son" for a Steven Gerrard Champions League goal.

Ets just perpetuated a myth there. "What a hit son" is what he says.

20 hours ago, The Nightfly said:
On 22/10/2019 at 19:33, Lurkst said:
Aye, Archie quit the BBC after Italia 90. He then went to Radio Clyde and provided surreal radio commentaries that Salvador Dali would have approved of. Nobody listening had a clue what was happening on the park.

I'm pretty sure his contract was not renewed as he was accused of being too critical about Scotland's poor performance against Costa Rica.

image.thumb.png.d70d148108cc62cd680b99819a024e04.png

Yeah I think it was pretty iconic. It wasnt just the Aguero bit, afterwards when he was on one about how "I swear you'll never see anything like this again". Wasnt scripted, as you couldn't really have scripted that. It was just pure amazement in his voice.  Another iconic moment I always enjoy is Andy Grays "take a bow son" for a Steven Gerrard Champions League goal.

It is iconic as even for premier league sceptics like me it was an amazing moment. The problem is sky sports turning it into a marketing piece and playing it at every given opportunity.

Also although he didn’t say it on that specific occasion, Andy gray absolutely used ‘take a bow son’ as his little catchphrase.

Yeah I think it was pretty iconic. It wasnt just the Aguero bit, afterwards when he was on one about how "I swear you'll never see anything like this again". Wasnt scripted, as you couldn't really have scripted that. It was just pure amazement in his voice.  Another iconic moment I always enjoy is Andy Grays "take a bow son" for a Steven Gerrard Champions League goal.

It is iconic as even for premier league sceptics like me it was an amazing moment. The problem is sky sports turning it into a marketing piece and playing it at every given opportunity.

Also although he didn’t say it on that specific occasion, Andy gray absolutely used ‘take a bow son’ as his little catchphrase.

This is it.

The moment itself, for me, was perfect commentary.

Since then sky have flogged it to death and that gets on folk's tits.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Didn't Jock Brown end up working at Celtic?

I also thought in his earlier says that Rob McLean was okay.

Yes he became general manager under Fergus McCann. He was a lawyer to trade. 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Pretty sure the 'take a bow son' is in a lot of the earlier FIFA games! 

Or was it PES? 

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Pretty sure the 'take a bow son' is in a lot of the earlier FIFA games! 

Or was it PES? 

The only thing you ever hear in older Fifa games is the sound of your own throat tightening as you get your @rse handed to you at indoor 5 a side. 

27 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not sure but I'm guessing Fifa as pretty sure the old ones had Andy Gray and Martin Tyler commentating, don't think PES ever did.

PES used to have the guy who went on to to Channel 5 commentary (remember that?, is it still a thing in the UK?)  They showed a League Cup quarter final at East End against Oldco, when David Grondin scored to take it to a replay. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not sure but I'm guessing Fifa as pretty sure the old ones had Andy Gray and Martin Tyler commentating, don't think PES ever did.

A quick Wiki confirms that it was Fifa 98.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

The only thing you ever hear in older Fifa games is the sound of your own throat tightening as you get your @rse handed to you at indoor 5 a side. 

So sad to see such denial.

PES used to have the guy who went on to to Channel 5 commentary (remember that?, is it still a thing in the UK?)  They showed a League Cup quarter final at East End against Oldco, when David Grondin scored to take it to a replay. 
PES used to have Peter Brackley back in the day, no?

Can only remember one League Cup tie at East End shown on Channel Five - it was hosted by John Barnes the ex-footballer rather than the radio presenter IIRC - and I think we lost 1-0 to a late-ish Cannigia goal? It certainly wouldn't have been a game that ended up in a replay, since replays haven't been a thing in the League Cup for ages (ever, I think?).

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

PES used to have Peter Brackley back in the day, no?

Can only remember one League Cup tie at East End shown on Channel Five - it was hosted by John Barnes the ex-footballer rather than the radio presenter IIRC - and I think we lost 1-0 to a late-ish Cannigia goal? It certainly wouldn't have been a game that ended up in a replay, since replays haven't been a thing in the League Cup for ages (ever, I think?).

Uh good point. Maybe a Scottish Cup tie then :D

EDIT: image.png.fc46ead8811ae944259af56737302972.pngthis one 

Edited by Stellaboz