Sportsound Watch

3 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

It appears the beeb agree too.

Kenny McIntyre is by far the best presenter during the week.

I find him a tough listen, too.

He's got this shouty voice he uses when he's trying to up the controversy level. He usually uses it completely needlessly.

He's a Radio Clyde-style presenter and the fact that the BBC see fit to employ him tells us all we need to know about what they're aiming for.

Scottish football is being badly let down in the lack of an articulate, sober forum for discussion of our game.

Have to say, I very much enjoyed Michael Stewart trolling Liam McLeod after he said "Aberdeen were up against it" after conceding the penalty. McLeod seemed to be genuinely seething when Stewart went back to him every time Aberdeen scored.

Bizarre thing to get upset about.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

8 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Have to say, I very much enjoyed Michael Stewart trolling Liam McLeod after he said "Aberdeen were up against it" after conceding the penalty. McLeod seemed to be genuinely seething when Stewart went back to him every time Aberdeen scored.

Bizarre thing to get upset about.

MacLeod would just have been seething that he wasn't at the Sellic game, jizzing over their 6 goals.

3 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Gutted. Was starting to enjoy Sportsound again with McIntyre back.

Currie is unbearable on a Chic Young scale. 

I watched Sportscene Results a while back with Currie, Steven Thompson and Leanne Crichton. I think there was a competition between the three to see who could be the blandest. Awful stuff.

15 minutes ago, Lee Van Tee said:

I watched Sportscene Results a while back with Currie, Steven Thompson and Leanne Crichton. I think there was a competition between the three to see who could be the blandest. Awful stuff.

Thompson the winner in that race tbh.

4 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Gutted. Was starting to enjoy Sportsound again with McIntyre back.

Currie is unbearable on a Chic Young scale. 

How David Currie gets away with taking a salary from a publicly funded broadcaster for his his puerile and childish analysis masquerading as an anchor for a programme warrants a Commons Select Committee.

David Currie is an arse.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:
6 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:
MacLeod would just have been seething that he wasn't at the Sellic game, jizzing over their 6 goals.

McLeod is an Aberdeen fan, as anyone who watched the 2014 League Cup final would know.

I know that fine. Doesn't change the fact that whenever he commentators on Sellic,he has a 90 minute multiple orgasm session, whether watching goals go in, suns warming up, throw ins from Sellics own by line, whatever.

27 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

I know that fine. Doesn't change the fact that whenever he commentators on Sellic,he has a 90 minute multiple orgasm session, whether watching goals go in, suns warming up, throw ins from Sellics own by line, whatever.

How often do you hear him commentating on other games? That just his style of commentating and is exaggerated by the way Celtic play (lots of chances, shots, corners) 

At least with Liam McLeod you usually know straight away when the most important event in the game , namely a goal  just happened because he tells the listener....(even if he does then proceed to go overboard by blabbering about some statistic or trivia relating to the goal)

In contrast Rob McLean will often leave the listener unsure for too long, before getting round to confirming that a goal has in fact been scored.  He’s guilty of this not only when he’s providing a full commentary but also when he’s doing Open All Mikes

13 hours ago, A96 said:

At least with Liam McLeod you usually know straight away when the most important event in the game , namely a goal  just happened because he tells the listener....(even if he does then proceed to go overboard by blabbering about some statistic or trivia relating to the goal)

In contrast Rob McLean will often leave the listener unsure for too long, before getting round to confirming that a goal has in fact been scored.  He’s guilty of this not only when he’s providing a full commentary but also when he’s doing Open All Mikes

Rob McLean uses his TV commentary style for radio. He doesn’t seem to realise that listeners can’t actually see what’s happening when he’s on the radio.

20 hours ago, craigkillie said:
On 20/10/2019 at 09:05, Boghead ranter said:

McLeod is an Aberdeen fan, as anyone who watched the 2014 League Cup final would know.

He's definitely a Dons fan but I have to roll my eyes when I hear him commentating on any big Celtic game. He's smart enough to try and make it sound memorable so it's constantly heard on playbacks. Doesn't come across as genuine though.

14 hours ago, A96 said:

This. So fucking infuriating in the radio.

”And there’s a great shot..........and it flies towards goal.........the goalie sticks out a hand.........gets a touch.........”

By this time the players are back up the pitch and ready to kick off again but you’ve no idea if it’s a goal or not. He’s fucking useless.

5 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Tbf he does that for any big game. Inverness in the 2015 cup final "It's History... Highland History"

I think they still use that clip at the start of the programme with “Highland” edited out. He’s an irritating wee c**t it has to be said.

Edited by The Mantis

23 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

He's definitely a Dons fan but I have to roll my eyes when I hear him commentating on any big Celtic game. He's smart enough to try and make it sound memorable so it's constantly heard on playbacks. Doesn't come across as genuine though.

His entire commentary is about trying to make as many soundbites as possible. Every little thing is exaggerated to the nth degree. "And THAT. IS. A. CORNER."

He probably cries himself to sleep with jealousy every time he hears Tyler's "AGuerrrrrooooooooooo".

He's a fanny.