Sportsound Watch

19 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Disappointing from you. You’re being deliberately obtuse about this. You know fine well what the orange shorts represents and no one is claiming it is the salient issue, just a symptom of the toxic culture that exists around two clubs.

Orange shirts, union flags on shirts, erm, photos of Liz Windsor in a football dressing room? Nah... oh, sorry, was distracted by Dean Shiels’ half-and-half scarf tribute to Dutch players and the sadly departed musician Prince.

ECA56659-D2BD-4B83-A558-541909ABC102.jpeg

Edited by pozbaird

14 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Which colours?  Shirts?  Socks?  Flags?  Posters on here seem to have issues with all three yet we all know that they are trivial.

Kincy, you have reiterated that the colours points raised are "trivial" and are not the key issues in relation to The Rangers (2012).  Can you elaborate from your temple of knowledge what exactly you see as the REAL issues surrounding your club(s) and the(ir) supporters that need addressing ??  It would be interesting to see if an in-house view from someone of your blind loyalty actually differs from the "diddy" fans who have expressed their views from afar.

Thank you kindly, sir. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Disappointing from you. You’re being deliberately obtuse about this. You know fine well what the orange shorts represents and no one is claiming it is the salient issue, just a symptom of the toxic culture that exists around two clubs.

Of course I know fine well what the orange shirts represent.  I stated clearly yesterday that it's all about the 'orangey' inclination of a good chunk of our fan base.  There are then two trains of thought which flow from this:  1. Is it morally repugnant for Rangers to wear orange kit and 2. Is it a commercial gimmick used by Rangers to placate/encourage the knuckle-draggers.

So is it morally repugnant?  Absolutely not.  Nothing wrong with being a wee bit orangey.  It doesn't make you a bigot and orange isn't a gateway colour to hard-core bigotry.  Those that get excited about this bang on about it, draw parallels to the SS, whine about socks and kvetch about union flags.  They should decide what is actually offensive and what they just don't like.

So is it a commercial gimmick?  Yes, of course.  Is it a commercial gimmick I approve of?  Not really.  I think it's short-termism writ large and, commercially, we should be broadening our appeal rather than milking the same old (but beautiful) constituency.  I know a fair few closet Rangers fans around Motherwell/Hamilton who'd not go to Ibrox because of the associations.

So my stance on this thread has been to defend the former since shirts, socks and flags unnecessarily excite a lot of posters on here.  The latter?  That doesn't figure in any discussion but is really one I would like Rangers to address.

Maybe orange socks would be prefe...maybe not.

Maybe the club could change the colour scheme? Purple and yellow? They seem safe colours.

Blue sky thinking.

They’ve done purple. Just a coincidence that it apes the purple star on the flag of the OO.

I can't believe some decent posters haven't learned that it's utterly pointless trying to have a sensible conversation with the bigoted-to-the-core, drunken embarrassment. He'll simply be as contrary as possible and follow follow the party line as it's ingrained in him.  It's just a waste of time.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Interesting read actually....

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Rangers/Rangers.htm

Named after an English rugby club, so maybe that’s what my ‘rugby socks’ maniac pal was thinking about, and he simply got things mixed up a bit.

That's probably where I read it. I've spent a good few hours on historicalkits.co.uk over the years. What an amazing resource.

5 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

I can't believe some decent posters haven't learned that it's utterly pointless trying to have a sensible conversation with the bigoted-to-the-core, drunken embarrassment. 

"bigoted-to-the-core"?  I've been on here for almost a decade and a half and never made one single bigoted post.  

But not like the anally-retentive diddies to turn what could be a reasonable discussion in to some clusterfuck of socks and ad hominem posts. 

Kincy,  you have conveniently ignored the points raised in my memo to you of an hour ago, yet have replied to 2 others.  Is the full-strength tramp fuel you're quaffing starting to kick in ??

Gie's an answer bitte.  Los Diddos await your pearls of wisdom, ken.

2 hours ago, hearthammer said:

Kincy, you have reiterated that the colours points raised are "trivial" and are not the key issues in relation to The Rangers (2012).  Can you elaborate from your temple of knowledge what exactly you see as the REAL issues surrounding your club(s) and the(ir) supporters that need addressing ??  It would be interesting to see if an in-house view from someone of your blind loyalty actually differs from the "diddy" fans who have expressed their views from afar.

Thank you kindly, sir. 

48 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Kincy,  you have conveniently ignored the points raised in my memo to you of an hour ago, yet have replied to 2 others.  Is the full-strength tramp fuel you're quaffing starting to kick in ??

Gie's an answer bitte.  Los Diddos await your pearls of wisdom, ken.

Funny how diddies can be rude, ignorant and petulant yet demanding attention.  My dug has a higher EQ than some of the posters on here.

f**k off and come back when you've learned some manners.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Funny how diddies can be rude, ignorant and petulant yet demanding attention.  My dug has a higher EQ than some of the posters on here.

Presumably with the Treble turned way down?

Of course I know fine well what the orange shirts represent.  I stated clearly yesterday that it's all about the 'orangey' inclination of a good chunk of our fan base.  There are then two trains of thought which flow from this:  1. Is it morally repugnant for Rangers to wear orange kit and 2. Is it a commercial gimmick used by Rangers to placate/encourage the knuckle-draggers.
So is it morally repugnant?  Absolutely not.  Nothing wrong with being a wee bit orangey.  It doesn't make you a bigot and orange isn't a gateway colour to hard-core bigotry.  Those that get excited about this bang on about it, draw parallels to the SS, whine about socks and kvetch about union flags.  They should decide what is actually offensive and what they just don't like.
So is it a commercial gimmick?  Yes, of course.  Is it a commercial gimmick I approve of?  Not really.  I think it's short-termism writ large and, commercially, we should be broadening our appeal rather than milking the same old (but beautiful) constituency.  I know a fair few closet Rangers fans around Motherwell/Hamilton who'd not go to Ibrox because of the associations.
So my stance on this thread has been to defend the former since shirts, socks and flags unnecessarily excite a lot of posters on here.  The latter?  That doesn't figure in any discussion but is really one I would like Rangers to address.

Not an unreasonable position to take.

Morally repugnant in isolation? Probably not.

In the context of decades and decades of violence, bigoted singing and the club claiming they have taken every step possible to eradicate unacceptable singing? Very, very questionable.

I get that in an ideal world (for the club) they’d be a club that can be ‘staunch and true’ without the anti catholic associations that come with it, hence your stance on it but that’s just not the case is it?

5 hours ago, pozbaird said:

ECA56659-D2BD-4B83-A558-541909ABC102.jpeg

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait!

How on earth did I get into my mid-thirties not knowing that Rangers have a picture of Betty Windsor on their dressing room wall? What an absolute beamer.

Honestly. Imagine actually being a Rangers supporter?

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait!

How on earth did I get into my mid-thirties not knowing that Rangers have a picture of Betty Windsor on their dressing room wall? What an absolute beamer.

Honestly. Imagine actually being a Rangers supporter?

You should get a load of the Loving Cup ceremony.

And yes, those words are correctly arranged. 0FltS8d.jpg

9 hours ago, 7-2 said:

I can't believe some decent posters haven't learned that it's utterly pointless trying to have a sensible conversation with the bigoted-to-the-core, drunken embarrassment. He'll simply be as contrary as possible and follow follow the party line as it's ingrained in him.  It's just a waste of time.

This. Hes been doing this for years, and will inevitably slip and say something confirming hes a bigot soon. 

At which point Monkey Tennis will act stunned, as he done for years, and tell Kincardine hes "better than this", as hes been saying for years, and then theyll leave it for a few days before returning to the exact same conversation. 

4 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

You should get a load of the Loving Cup ceremony.

And yes, those words are correctly arranged. 0FltS8d.jpg

'Her Majesty, The Queen!".

Honestly...

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Funny how diddies can be rude, ignorant and petulant yet demanding attention.  My dug has a higher EQ than some of the posters on here.

Strange when full-on bigoted inbred knuckledraggers are confronted with an opportunity to pass on their 17th century outlook on life to back up their narrow-minded, myopic stance, they resort to being "rude, ignorant and petulant".  I cannot argue that your dug does indeed have a higher "EQ" than most P & Bers, but i cannot verify he/she/it exercises the art of deflection as much as his/her/its bonehead maitresse.

Now, Ms Kinc, would you care to address the points raised ??

Tar muchly  

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Strange when full-on bigoted inbred knuckledraggers are confronted with an opportunity to pass on their 17th century outlook on life to back up their narrow-minded, myopic stance, they resort to being "rude, ignorant and petulant".  I cannot argue that your dug does indeed have a higher "EQ" than most P & Bers, but i cannot verify he/she/it exercises the art of deflection as much as his/her/its bonehead maitresse.

Now, Ms Kinc, would you care to address the points raised ??

Tar muchly