Sportsound Watch

Remember when the Fans of the old club/Company at Ibrox complained when the kit changes to Blue socks as they weren’t wearing the “...knees in fe*ian blood” black/red ones...

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's not a question of that at all.

Rather, you need to recognise that the genuinely unacceptable has roots.

Do you honestly expect this guy, who has gone to horrendous depths to point score on here, to do anything other than go along with the empowering of bigots?

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's not a question of that at all.

Rather, you need to recognise that the genuinely unacceptable has roots.

There you go, MT.  Yesterday it was the colour orange, then someone equated it to the Nazis and another made mention of the Union Flag on our kit.  Now we're at socks.  As I have said several times, it trivialises the issue.

3 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Remember when the Fans of the old club/Company at Ibrox complained when the kit changes to Blue socks as they weren’t wearing the “...knees in fe*ian blood” black/red ones...

The whole FB sock issue is entirely a construct of the feeble-minded.

2 minutes ago, Warren Mears said:

Do you honestly expect this guy, who has gone to horrendous depths to point score on here, to do anything other than go along with the empowering of bigots?

You clearly can;t mean me.

10 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Now we've got sectarian socks ffs....

As Kincardine said earlier, there are serious problems to deal with but nonsense like this derails any sensible conversation.

16 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

There you go, MT.  Yesterday it was the colour orange, then someone equated it to the Nazis and another made mention of the Union Flag on our kit.  Now we're at socks.  As I have said several times, it trivialises the issue.

It would be better if you addressed the idea that the clubs could do more than they do, but you're not prepared to.

Now we've got sectarian socks ffs....

As Kincardine said earlier, there are serious problems to deal with but nonsense like this derails any sensible conversation.

Maybe orange socks would be prefe...maybe not.

Maybe the club could change the colour scheme? Purple and yellow? They seem safe colours.

Blue sky thinking.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It would be better if you addressed the idea that the clubs could do more than they do, but you're not prepared to.

I already stated some thoughts about this but clearly orange tops, UF symbols and red and black socks take priority over actually dealing with the issue.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

I already stated some thoughts about this but clearly orange tops, UF symbols and red and black socks take priority over actually dealing with the issue.

I don't really know why you sometimes pretend to be a stupid person, but do carry on if it pleases you.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Doing something about these colours and taking action relating to the songs are not mutually exclusive. They could do both. We all know why they won’t though. 

Someone once told me that back in the day, when the dead club were started, things were clearly different, and the blokes who started up Deadco didn’t have socks. They had to borrow socks from a local rugby club, and they happened to be black with red tops. Now, I have no idea if there’s any truth in this, and I haven’t tried to research it on the internet. The reason for that is very simple. I am a lazy basturt’ who just can’t be arsed. 🤪

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Someone once told me that back in the day, when the dead club were started, things were clearly different, and the blokes who started up Deadco didn’t have socks. They had to borrow socks from a local rugby club, and they happened to be black with red tops. Now, I have no idea if there’s any truth in this, and I haven’t tried to research it on the internet. The reason for that is very simple. I am a lazy basturt’ who just can’t be arsed. 🤪

I thought it was the colors of the Govan Council back in "the day".

2 minutes ago, MSU said:

I can't be arsed looking it up either. We may never know.

My curiosity got the better of me. Black and red were the colours of the Burgh of Govan, so you were on the money, and the bloke who told me the ‘rugby club’ story was a ranting lunatic. 😀

Interesting read actually....

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Rangers/Rangers.htm

Named after an English rugby club, so maybe that’s what my ‘rugby socks’ maniac pal was thinking about, and he simply got things mixed up a bit.

Edited by pozbaird

Which colours?  Shirts?  Socks?  Flags?  Posters on here seem to have issues with all three yet we all know that they are trivial.

Disappointing from you. You’re being deliberately obtuse about this. You know fine well what the orange shorts represents and no one is claiming it is the salient issue, just a symptom of the toxic culture that exists around two clubs.