Sportsound Watch

Undoubtedly the last few years are going down as Scottish football's darkest days. History will be manipulated to show that things got so bad after Rangers were cruelly demoted we had the ignominy of tiny little St.Johnstone, Ross County and Inverness winning trophies and, even worse, two of them representing us in Europe. It's probably the most embarrassing point of Scottish football since 9-3 at Wembley or 1-1 with Iran. Thank goodness the world's most successful club has returned to get Scotland back to it's rightful place and every supporter of the game north of the border is delighted to have them back where they belong.

:barf

Undoubtedly the last few years are going down as Scottish football's darkest days. History will be manipulated to show that things got so bad after Rangers were cruelly demoted we had the ignominy of tiny little St.Johnstone, Ross County and Inverness winning trophies and, even worse, two of them representing us in Europe. It's probably the most embarrassing point of Scottish football since 9-3 at Wembley or 1-1 with Iran. Thank goodness the world's most successful club has returned to get Scotland back to it's rightful place and every supporter of the game north of the border is delighted to have them back where they belong.

:barf

Had the misfortune to read Davie Provans column from Sunday in work today.

Apparently our league has resembled the Dog and Duck over the past 4 seasons and EVERY single club has suffered because of Rangers imploding. Tho Provan doesn't see it that way....Rangers were kicked out out of spite, when apparently a points deduction would have done.

Mental that people actually believe this nonsense.

I for one can't wait for normal service to resume and the OF to win every trophy. A small price to pay so we can gain the respect of the English....oh what's that they dont care.

Had the misfortune to read Davie Provans column from Sunday in work today.

Apparently our league has resembled the Dog and Duck over the past 4 seasons and EVERY single club has suffered because of Rangers imploding. Tho Provan doesn't see it that way....Rangers were kicked out out of spite, when apparently a points deduction would have done.

Mental that people actually believe this nonsense.

I for one can't wait for normal service to resume and the OF to win every trophy. A small price to pay so we can gain the respect of the English....oh what's that they dont care.

It's actually amazing that in 2016 the Scottish media get away with what they do, even allowing for Scotland being somewhere few non-Scots outwith it give a toss about.

What goes on is more than just the big teams getting the most media coverage. It's blatantly disproportionate and year after year they feed everyone total lies and disinformation aimed at promoting the Old Firm whilst undermining all the other teams and the game in general. Making it worse is that our publicly funded, national broadcaster is one of the worst, breaking every principle of its very existence.The most damning factor of all is the blind eye turned to the blatant sectarianism these clubs are built on and the actions of their fans.

Even China would be embarrassed to put out such a blatantly manipulated agenda yet bodies such as the BBC Trust and the Independent Press Standards Organisation let it happen. It really is soul destroying and it's just going to get far, far worse.

Is there another country in the world who actively try to promote two teams, whilst, at the same time, belittling all the others? Actively it might be said.

The only conclusion I can come up with is the the Scottish Media, including the BBC, are scared of upsetting the Old Firm and their supporters.  And scared of losing revenue, and at the same time, failing to realise that every fan of every other club wants them gone/dead, and a competitive league, which would then bring soaring crowds.

They're what you would call a 'pussy', if you were on the street.

It's always Scottish pundits living in England who come out with this shite; Souness, Colin Hendry, Gary McAllister.  And all the English folk are like 'no we fucking don't m8'. 

Who was it on the radio recently that said they were in Barcelona and bought all of the English papers after the Sevco Celtic draw and there wasn't one mention of it? Guy on Off The Ball I'm sure.

Also there's no fucking way an OF is more of a Derby than the Fenerbahce/Galatasaray one. A bunch of jumped up mad crazy b*****d Turkish fans creating an unreal atmosphere or a bunch of blootered old jakey/wee screaming Bairn bigots..????

Edited by 1320Lichtie

I seen the moron Souness and the racist Dalglish on Reporting Scotland last night, knocking one out over the return of the bigot fest. Souness reckoned it is a bigger derby than Galatasaray vs Fenerbahce.

I look forward to his fatal heart attack and the Dead Pool points I will earn as a result.

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

I don't doubt that there's going to be some football fans who will be interested in watching the Old Firm game, but it's probably in the same way that they'd be interested in seeing the bearded lady at the circus.  The vast, vast majority will probably be a little more interested in the small matter of Leicester vs West Ham that's happening around the same time.

My interest in watching these two play each other always centres around the hope of carnage. Fights, red cards, pitch invasions, managers fighting etc. It usually delivers some sort of point and laugh at them moment, including some or all of the afore mentioned.

My interest in watching these two play each other always centres around the hope of carnage. Fights, red cards, pitch invasions, managers fighting etc. It usually delivers some sort of point and laugh at them moment, including some or all of the afore mentioned.

And being neutral, you always get to take the piss out of the fans of the losing team.  It's win-win really.

And being neutral, you always get to take the piss out of the fans of the losing team.  It's win-win really.

Absolutely. Some of the best ones in the past are the Dallas shame game, the one where Lennon and McCoist had to be separated, the carnage with Butcher, McAvennie, and Woods and Roberts going in goals. Brilliant.

Celtic were mentioned in the Daily Star down here yesterday. Some story linking Moyes with the Celtic job if/when the incompetent fool currently in charge gets the boot. They were practically laughing about "how even Moyes could be a success in Scotland as the league is a joke". Still no mention of the other half and the forthcoming 'biggest game in the world' though  :lol:

^^^this. Can't wait to watch both games this weekend tbh. What's the pitch going to be like though? :unsure: