Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, killiekranky said:

Why is that slevering rugstand Gordon Smith allowed on the radio ?

That c**t has been GorillaGlued to the BBC Gravy Train for decades. At one point a few years back, he was even managing to use his commentating gig on Sportsound as his unofficial advertising channel for the donkeys he had on his agent roster at the time.

F*ckin' BBC........

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The last time we had referees from elsewhere I remember an interview with one of them where they said they didn't realise the reason the Scottish refs were striking. They thought it was about pay or something similar, and if they'd realised it was because... I don't even know, because Lennon was calling them liars? Whatever it was, they wouldn't have come here. Imagine pitching to a non-Scottish ref about the current farce, see how many would be willing to go for it. 

Didn't one of foreign refs cost Celtic a game with a dodgy penalty?

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I cant imagine it would be a well thought out "debate" regardless, tbh.

Nobody has a fucking clue what foreign refs would be willing to come here every weekend, sometimes midweek too, to ref games, and the notion we'd be able to afford English refs is absolutely laughable.

Red dotted by Bennet, priceless.

European ref's are generally terrible.  They just don't let the game flow; free kick after free kick after free kick, just so they don't get a decision wrong that leads to a goal.

The more I think about it, Foreign Refs would be a good idea.

When the Foriegn Refs come in and decisions are equally as contentious, we can all just laugh at the halcyon days of the orange/timmy refereeing conspiracies and agree to go back to our own shite domestic refs.

Foreign refs?

Like from kafflik countries like France? 

That's not going to go down well with Sevco fans who have seen their team suffer at the hands of a papal conspiracy of refereeing decisions lately........

Some of my favourite bits from the absolute mess that was Sportsound with Boyd and McCann: 

Kris Boyd was blaming TV companies for moving kick off times thus allowing fans more time to drink. “They have been drinking all day as it was a 4pm kick off”. Normal kick off times are 3pm Kris. f**k all to do with that TV.

He then went on to compare fans shouting at players to someone shouting at a shop worker which was also a real minter. When a shop worker makes a sale they don’t run off and celebrate Kris.

To top it all off that idiot McCann got absolutely rattled at a valid point made by someone writing in about the way players and managers treat referees. What a mess of a show.

13 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Some of my favourite bits from the absolute mess that was Sportsound with Boyd and McCann: 

Kris Boyd was blaming TV companies for moving kick off times thus allowing fans more time to drink. “They have been drinking all day as it was a 4pm kick off”. Normal kick off times are 3pm Kris. f**k all to do with that TV.

He then went on to compare fans shouting at players to someone shouting at a shop worker which was also a real minter. When a shop worker makes a sale they don’t run off and celebrate Kris.

To top it all off that idiot McCann got absolutely rattled at a valid point made by someone writing in about the way players and managers treat referees. What a mess of a show.

Scottish football is well down the run in returning to the absolute state it was pre-Sevco.

Two teams getting back handers from refs, causing huge damage at away games, and the media companies ignore it all and try and claim it's all glorious.

It's a fucking disgrace, but nobody will change anything, as it's all they know.

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

A 4pm kick off on a Sunday would give you the same drinking time in a pub as a 3pm Saturday kick off.

Also funny how the kick off time only affected the behaviour of one set of fans at that game.

25 minutes ago, Stelling said:

But but but... the feel good factor is back. Scottish football is on the up. Right? Thats what I keep hearing. Best season ever! :rolleyes:

There's a title challenge again!

There has been before, but this is a proper one! Because none of the others counted!

12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

The idea of having non-Scottish referees is utterly ludicrous. I watch a fair bit of football from around Europe, and overall there is absolutely no difference between Scottish refs and other nationalities. If I was a Scottish referee just now, and my employer came out with the fact that they were thinking about bringing outsiders in, I’d tell them to stuff their job. This is solely to placate the paranoid twosome.

Surely the point of foreign referees is the opposite of what you suggest. Other clubs are falling foul of decisions made in favour of the ugly sisters based upon allegiencies, real or perceived.

While foreign referees may have similar levels of in/competency, it would certainly be far more difficult to levy accusations of bias, therefore removing one factor from the equation. 

16 minutes ago, DXBBud said:

While foreign referees may have similar levels of in/competency, it would certainly be far more difficult to levy accusations of bias, therefore removing one factor from the equation. 

Don't be silly: we all know that everyone in the world has either Celtic or "Rangers" as their "big club".

Sure enough, not long after the Celtic manager spoke about getting the "best referees from England or Wales or wherever" - and in the wake of yet more refereeing controversy - there was another contribution from a Celtic man. Former captain Tom Boyd, an official club ambassador, remarked that the "only solution" to the rising number of errors was to send for what he called "neutral referees".

The inference was not lost on anybody. In documenting some supposed hardships that Celtic had been subjected to, Boyd seemed to be feeding a conspiracy about biased referees. The "neutral referees" had come in during the refs' strike of November 2010, he added, and "did ever so well".

On this and on a number of other things, Boyd is confused. On the weekend of the referees' strike in Scotland, Celtic hosted Inverness Caledonian Thistle. Alain Hamer from Luxembourg was in charge and disallowed a perfectly legitimate Celtic goal. The match ended 2-2 and Celtic went on to lose the league to Rangers by one point.

If that doesn't sum up the line of thinking from the people advocating this then nothing will :lol: 

Gordon Smith before the game talking about VAR - "it should be like tennis with the challenge system". :rolleyes: No it shouldn't because they are checking things automatically and by the time the person in charge (captain or manager?) decides whether or not to use a challenge the VAR will already be looking at it. Plus folk will be raging once they use up their two challenges and there's an incident that VAR could've sorted.