Sportsound Watch

8 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes.

You need to drop this mental crusade.

Leeds are bigger than Hibs in every conceivable sense and have been since at least the 1950s.  There's not even a debate here.

So why are people still debating it 3 hours after I conceded?

5 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

The wankfest over wage thief Scott McDonald actually doing something of note just sums up the old boys network pish.

That was the first interview from any player from the championship broadcast live and it made me want to rip my ears off. McDonald armament that he should be at a much higher level and the guy interviewing him didn't ask the obvious question of why he wasn't, had he turned down lots of contracts had he felt it wasn't for him. Do these guys know that we are paying for sports journalisms not some kind of freaky boys club when they slap each other on the back have a laugh and a joke and expect us all to say its great.

How the producer actually said aye lets interview Scott McDonald I'm sure he will have some unbiased insight on the Alloa game only for him to then proclaim himself as some kind of gods gift that he should grace the championship with his presance is utterly unbelievable and a new low for the show. Also I don't know if anyone has ever told the guys at the BBC but the reason we hear from both managers is the the BBC can tick the fundamental balance box, so it would seem reasonable that after interviewing Scott McDonald they could then interview oh I don't know the model professional that is Alan Trouten and ask how he felt todays game played out from his point of view. 

It utterly boils my piss that these guys treat a public broadcast as some kind of hobby when they can do what they like when they like.

I'm finished with Off the Ball. For good.

The disparity between the boys from The Terrace yesterday compared with Cowan's inane, under-researched, outdated, clichéd drivel was outrageous. 

I've felt it was on the wane for a couple of years, but I felt like a light was shone on it yesterday afternoon and it looked awful. Whether Cosgrove could do something with a different format I don't know, but Tam Cowan is now perhaps the worst thing on Radio Scotland. 

Feel pretty sorry about it, because it's formed a cornerstone of my Saturday routine for more than twenty years, but it's no longer worth listening to. 

7 minutes ago, Estragon said:

The disparity between the boys from The Terrace yesterday compared with Cowan's inane, under-researched, outdated, clichéd drivel was outrageous. 

I've felt it was on the wane for a couple of years, but I felt like a light was shone on it yesterday afternoon and it looked awful. Whether Cosgrove could do something with a different format I don't know, but Tam Cowan is now perhaps the worst thing on Radio Scotland. 

Feel pretty sorry about it, because it's formed a cornerstone of my Saturday routine for more than twenty years, but it's no longer worth listening to. 

It might have had more impact in the OTB thread.

29 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It might have had more impact in the OTB thread.

Ah, good point. Although I feel like a copy and paste job would be now a bit embarrassing. Could you start directing interested parties in here please?

3 hours ago, Estragon said:

Bet you, you tune in next week.

Edited by paulbrucerick

I hate the whole 'back in my day' bollocks that is always wheeled out by whichever former player(s) they have on whenever there's a red card as a result of a tackle.

They usually call the decision harsh despite saying that by the rules it is a red card, meaning of course it's in no way harsh.

They finish off their rambling pish about how you can't do that 'these days' despite the rules regarding tackling being in place for about 10 years, if not longer.