Sportsound Watch

There's more. He also believes that Celtic have a business model that is unique in all of football and that other clubs don't do it because they lack the ambition or some shit.

The model is buying players then selling them on for a big profit or something similar. If I'm wrong hopefully he can explain it.

He's strangely silent when asked why Celtic have only ever won the European Cup once, as surely if they want it more and have more ambition they should be lifting it every season.

Edited by DA Baracus

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

There's more. He also believes that Celtic have a business model that is unique in all of football and that other clubs don't do it because they lack the ambition or some shit.

The model is buying players then selling them on for a big profit or something similar. If I'm wrong hopefully he can explain it.

He's strangely silent when asked why Celtic have only ever won the European Cup once, as surely if they want it more and have more ambition they should be lifting it every season.

Did he not quote players like Van Djik as examples of this "process", the same Van Djik who cost them £2.5m, more than Saints have in the bank as an entire club.

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did he not quote players like Van Djik as examples of this "process", the same Van Djik who cost them £2.5m, more than Saints have in the bank as an entire club.

Aye pretty sure he did

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

'The coin' Is completely irrelevant - did you not hear?

It's literally all about mentality.  Celtic's superiority over say, Stirling Albion is intrinsic and in no way related to the fact that they can pay players lots of money, so can therefore attract better ones.

Anyone pointing to wealth is simply making excuses.

I'm assuming this reasoning doesn't apply when it comes to European competitions? Unless of course PSG, Barca etc just want it more than Celtic.

30 minutes ago, nsr said:

I'm assuming this reasoning doesn't apply when it comes to European competitions? Unless of course PSG, Barca etc just want it more than Celtic.

This has been put to him before but no answer was forthcoming 

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 11:55, Merkland Red said:

"I was shite, nobody else hire me" isn't going to do him any favours is it?

Of course he's not going to say that. But why should our national broadcaster be giving these losers a chance to airbrush their managerial records and tout themselves for other jobs?

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Likely because anyone decent is employed.

I don't particularly mind the BBC employing them as pundits. But the issue I, and many others, have is that their views aren't scrutinised. I haven't heard any of McCann on Sportsound, but Hartley blamed everyone but himself for the state of Falkirk and nobody on the programme challenged it. Same when Yogi was discussing his time at Raith.

44 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

I don't particularly mind the BBC employing them as pundits. But the issue I, and many others, have is that their views aren't scrutinised. I haven't heard any of McCann on Sportsound, but Hartley blamed everyone but himself for the state of Falkirk and nobody on the programme challenged it. Same when Yogi was discussing his time at Raith.

They love John Hughes on there, but no one ever asks him about the shite he pulled. He's done some good things, but he has excuses for all the shite things. But then no one asks him why it ever got to the stage that Ryan Stevenson had to be in goals for Raith down at Ayr, or about that shite with the groundsman giving the talk. They don't push him on how he expected Inverness to magic up a much increased budget. They don't ask him why he failed at Hartlepool.

Neil McCann has been on a few times and has said that he has 'no doubt' that his team would have 'come good'. No one asks him what the basis of this is. No one says, "Hang on, you signed a load of utter shite, in what way were they going to 'come good'? When was Moussa going to be a good player?".

Edited by DA Baracus

Yep, footballers and managers get an easy ride from the press in Scotland.  

They should get grilled like politicians do IMO.  'Why were all your signing an unmitigated disaster?' 'On what planet were your tactics and team selections a good idea with the players at your disposal?'

All they get is 'Aww regale us again about that great win over x,y and z' and 'You're a club legend there now because you finished 5th one time in the SPL'. 

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, footballers and managers get an easy ride from the press in Scotland.  

They should get grilled like politicians do IMO.  'Why were all your signing an unmitigated disaster?' 'On what planet were your tactics and team selections a good idea with the players at your disposal?'

All they get is 'Aww regale us again about that time you played for Rangers/Celtic'

FTFY

Does anyone know why Sportsound and the BBC in particular only cover the premiership - I was thinking that their remit is universal coverage is it not regardless of the audience they have to provide the same service for all that's why they have regional news and multi language broadcast - are they not meant to be providing coverage of all the leagues not just on a Saturday but through the week, I mean look at league 2 that title race looks epic yet I have never heard it mentioned or the fact Arbroath are top of league one, I doubt any pundit employed by the BBC could explain why Arbroath have been so successful. They show our game true apathy and I wasn't surprised to see heir listener figures taking a tanking.

19 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Does anyone know why Sportsound and the BBC in particular only cover the premiership - I was thinking that their remit is universal coverage is it not regardless of the audience they have to provide the same service for all that's why they have regional news and multi language broadcast - are they not meant to be providing coverage of all the leagues not just on a Saturday but through the week, I mean look at league 2 that title race looks epic yet I have never heard it mentioned or the fact Arbroath are top of league one, I doubt any pundit employed by the BBC could explain why Arbroath have been so successful. They show our game true apathy and I wasn't surprised to see heir listener figures taking a tanking.

They claim to cover Scottish football but aye, it's mainly Sevco and Celtic and then some talk about other Premiership clubs.

I doubt the morons they employ for the show could name the teams in Leagues 1 and 2. 

Even if they did just 30 minutes a week about each of the lower leagues it would be huge improvement. But they won't because they won't ever leave their comfortable wee Celtic/Sevco bubble. Shitebags and cretins.

Tonight they had Massimo Donati on. I wonder what particular criteria he fulfilled in order to get that gig..

Edited by DA Baracus

31 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

From a Forfar POV, they thought Bollan getting the punt last season was ridiculous as he had got us up the previous season.  If they had even bothered to either look at the current run of form at the time or even asked a couple of regulars that turn up at Station Park, it would have been blatantly obvious why he had to go.