Sportsound Watch

10 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

He then went on about Celtic having a big cup tie at the weekend, do Hibs not? Someone needs to call Bonner up on this shite. People like him and Smith should not be anywhere near a national broadcast.

Willie Miller and Neil McCann both defending Allan McGregor too - Miller's comments in particular were pretty poor.

I was annoyed at Willie too, but what he said was he isn't saying what McGregor did is right but he understands why he did it.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

I was annoyed at Willie too, but what he said was he isn't saying what McGregor did is right but he understands why he did it.

No he wasn't. He was justifying it and making jokes about it "I did a few of them in my day haha".

He was was making out it somewhat acceptable for an older player to try and injure a younger one. Scandalous.

For some reason Miller said what he would have done in a similar situation but wouldn't be drawn on his opinion of whether McGregor's actions were right or wrong. I thought he was paid to give an opinion.
It was a strange programme last night. I listened to it on my way home from Paisley and if it was any mention of another game was an inconvenience and they couldn't get back to talking about the Aberdeen v Rangers game quickly enough.

16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Neil McCann yet again rolled out the line about how there was 'no doubt' that his Dundee team would have improved and went on to do well.

I would agree with him, it just required him to leave and someone else to fix the mess he left.

For some reason Miller said what he would have done in a similar situation but wouldn't be drawn on his opinion of whether McGregor's actions were right or wrong. I thought he was paid to give an opinion.

Not (intentionally) being an arse, I thought they were paid to give an analysis that us mere mortals wouldn’t be able to as we’ve not played at the top level.
Either way, Miller is still fucking shite at it

33 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Neil McCann yet again rolled out the line about how there was 'no doubt' that his Dundee team would have improved and went on to do well.

He's probably right, they're a massive club y'know.

44 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

There's quote a lot of recently sacked managers who's reputation is in tatters in Scotland, and rightly so;

Foran

Hartley

McCann

Any chairman with any knowledge of these guys wouldn't go near them with a barge pole.  

15 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

There's quote a lot of recently sacked managers who's reputation is in tatters in Scotland, and rightly so;

Foran

Hartley

McCann

Any chairman with any knowledge of these guys wouldn't go near them with a barge pole.  

Canning !

23 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

What does that have to do with the fact you said he had only reffed two Celtic games and were pulled up on it?

No-one else gives two craps about the Celtic/*** referee conspiracy. All other 10 teams are consistently on the end of shite decisions.

EDIT: In fact, the referee that Celtic fans are all up in arms about being a potential Rangers fan was only called 'shampoo' when he gave Celtic a penalty for a handball well outside the box in a National cup final!

Try for a second to read between the lines,nobody is posting about conspiracies, the question is can a ref be allowed to ref a game of the team he supported?
All teams have had bad decisions this season,the 12 Steve Conroy had was 12 too many. 

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Try for a second to read between the lines,nobody is posting about conspiracies, the question is can a ref be allowed to ref a game of the team he supported?
All teams have had bad decisions this season,the 12 Steve Conroy had was 12 too many. 

I don't think they should be but how is it enforceable?

Are they expected to declare the team of their allegiance when they register to become a ref? If so then you'd undoubtedly find no ref supports Celtic or rangers but there'll be plenty Ayr, Morton etc etc.

I'm not even approaching that from the standpoint that they're cheating. It's logical. Look at the number of games they would not be able to referee.

The system works in England due to the number of teams and competitiveness in the league.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Really?  I think he was excellent for Accies.  Kept them safe for years in the top flight.

Strange it is only fans of other teams who think this.  In the 2 or 3 polls I saw 99% of Accies fans wanted him out as he was awful.

The difference in 2 games is incredible. We have had as many shots on goal in 2 games under Rice as we had in 15 under Canning.

40 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I don't think they should be but how is it enforceable?

Are they expected to declare the team of their allegiance when they register to become a ref? If so then you'd undoubtedly find no ref supports Celtic or rangers but there'll be plenty Ayr, Morton etc etc.

I'm not even approaching that from the standpoint that they're cheating. It's logical. Look at the number of games they would not be able to referee.

The system works in England due to the number of teams and competitiveness in the league.

The consensus on here is Celtic and sevco get more decisions than the rest plus most of the refs come from the west of Scotland.
Surely having a rule in place about the team the refs support and where they grew up would give refs from all over Scotland a better chance of making the grade.
Yes we live in a small country with less teams but the polarised thinking is a detriment to our game.

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The consensus on here is Celtic and sevco get more decisions than the rest plus most of the refs come from the west of Scotland.
Surely having a rule in place about the team the refs support and where they grew up would give refs from all over Scotland a better chance of making the grade.
Yes we live in a small country with less teams but the polarised thinking is a detriment to our game.

We would need to accept that the majority of the entire country support one of the old firm as opposed to their local team so where they grew up wouldn't really have any relevance, however there's a few variables in play such as the large partisan home support, media pressure and possibly outside agencies such as sponsors etc interfering.

In fairness, this issue is not just a Scottish problem as the "big teams" from every country invariably get the majority of the contentious decisions going their way, it's probably more that they just accept this and are quite happy as opposed to our old firm getting all the contentious decisions but then bleating about being cheated and conspiracies etc when of course the opposite is true.

Pretty much like Morelos doing someone and then rolling about in agony claiming he was the one who was wronged if you get my drift.....................