Sportsound Watch

Of course Airdrie Utd then bought Clydebank, renamed and relocated them... SFL used to diligently record them with Clydebank's foundation date and honours, etc., like Meadowbank/Livingston.

However - since the Rangers saga Airdrie Utd have laid claim and became Airdrieonians... Which presumably means they've got both set of honours? I'm lost on that one, tbh.

Airdrie (old one) liquidation process is complete so their name was available so Airdrie United applied to use their name as nothing existed from the old club anymore.

Rangers 2012 was of course still in existence going through liquidation when Sevco took the field as Rangers. A quite impossible position. From a league stand point it is one of the great questions just what team was it that played that day as the old Rangers was still in existence. The fix put in for that situation is one of many to suit the old guard at Ibrox and the SFA and still their fans claim it was all some conspiracy.

Edited by rainbowrising

Nearly crashed the car on the way to Firhill listening to Chick Young stuttering and muttering his way through the starting line-ups.

'...Thistle were hoping Osman would make it today, but unfortunately for them, he didn't'

'.....the Thistle midfield - Lawless, Welsh, Edwards, Amoo and Osman',

Fucking idiot.

Airdrie (old one) liquidation process is complete so their name was available so Airdrie United applied to use their name as nothing existed from the old club anymore.

Ok.

So (in SFA and SPFL's eyes) have they just unilaterally appropriated the Airdrieonians name, badge, honours etc.?

I.e. in Rangers case there was a supposed "transfer" of such "assets", which comprised "the club".

Ok.

So (in SFA and SPFL's eyes) have they just unilaterally appropriated the Airdrieonians name, badge, honours etc.?

I.e. in Rangers case there was a supposed "transfer" of such "assets", which comprised "the club".

They basically gave the nod to Airdrie U taking the old name and crest. As far as I know the new club never claims to own the honours of the old. They understandably reference their link to the old club but any Google search shows them founded in 2002 and honours only date from there. Unless someone knows otherwise?

The Sevco issue was a contemptuous fraud really. Old Rangers were incomperated ie club and company were the same thing. The club-not-company argument was a remarkable claim that only came about after they went in to liquidation. The media has pushed it ever since. The same media that ran headlines of how Rangers had died.

As a judge in a recent Green/Sevco case stated, it appeared that Sevco lawyers wanted the judge to believe that the club doesn't actually exist but is some kind of state of mind that is there but not there! Presumably it pops up on a Saturday afternoon then disappears at 5 o'clock never to be seen again until the next game.

You can't buy history. It would be like me claiming I had bought the Battle of Waterloo. Not the field where it was fought but the actual events, the charge of the Scots greys, the Prussian army arriving at 6pm. Utter farce.

They basically gave the nod to Airdrie U taking the old name and crest. As far as I know the new club never claims to own the honours of the old. They understandably reference their link to the old club but any Google search shows them founded in 2002 and honours only date from there. Unless someone knows otherwise?

The Sevco issue was a contemptuous fraud really. Old Rangers were incomperated ie club and company were the same thing. The club-not-company argument was a remarkable claim that only came about after they went in to liquidation. The media has pushed it ever since. The same media that ran headlines of how Rangers had died.

As a judge in a recent Green/Sevco case stated, it appeared that Sevco lawyers wanted the judge to believe that the club doesn't actually exist but is some kind of state of mind that is there but not there! Presumably it pops up on a Saturday afternoon then disappears at 5 o'clock never to be seen again until the next game.

You can't buy history. It would be like me claiming I had bought the Battle of Waterloo. Not the field where it was fought but the actual events, the charge of the Scots greys, the Prussian army arriving at 6pm. Utter farce.

"Incomperated", ooooft.

That's not what incorporated means, btw. Nothing like it.

You have to admire what the written press in Scotland did.

Every paper had the same front page about Rangers death in the summer of 2012.

Yet in 2016 they all pretend that didn't happen.

Really something to try to claim we all seen something that didn't actually happen.

How many seasons did Gretna exist in the SFL?

Quite something that they went quickly through the leagues to the SPL whilst accumulating debt before imploding in a financial crisis.

Wonder what other new team this sounds like?

Disgusting last night. Firstly, Chick Young continually failing to identify the correct players in the Partick v Utd match, including the goalscorer, and rather than being embarrassed about it, he, and his cohorts, found it hilarious. This p***k is being paid to do a job the majority of football fans would love, and he can't even get the basics right. Absolute wage thief.

The other thing that annoyed me is this BBC boycott of Ibrox. If they really want to take a stance against The Rangers then don't cover the games at all. Ignore them. Ok so they're not sending anyone to Ibrox, but they had two people reporting on the match on OAM from a studio. One person at every other game. The volume was also cranked up so all you could hear was the zombie mutants. The sycophancy of Rob MacLean and Derek Ferguson over this mob winning the second tier, at the second time of asking, with the second biggest budget in the country was sickening.

It used to be a good programme. It's just getting worse and worse.

Fucking disgusting

^^^ Head's gone, seething etc.

I'm glad you posted that, Ruggy.

What a gig that little b*****d has had for all these years. His incompetence is almost encouraged from his colleagues. If ever an episode of Sportsound epitomised the 'jobs for the boys' culture that exists a Radio Scotland - that was it.

I'm glad you posted that, Ruggy.

What a gig that little b*****d has had for all these years. His incompetence is almost encouraged from his colleagues. If ever an episode of Sportsound epitomised the 'jobs for the boys' culture that exists a Radio Scotland - that was it.

I was genuinely seething last night. I don't know what got me so riled up because he's always been a fanny. I think it was all the hilarity and encouragement like you said. If people doing a "real" job were failing as often as this little c**t is they'd be down the disciplinary route and out the door, not being given a pat on the back as the jolly japester of the office.