Sportsound Watch

I also think it is being taken rather too far. Criticising decisions is fair but it's going beyond that into a personal campaign against Collum, who is unable to respond to what seem to be increasingly personal attacks. It's going too far, IMO, which I find distasteful.

I'd love Collum to defend himself.

1st question for me.

I was under the notion referees had to be 100% certain to give a penalty.

Explain to me how you can see Blair Alstons supposed hand ball with his back to you against Rangers in December?

Watched it countless times. Their is in way Collum can see it but gives it anyway

HibeeJibee, on 16 Feb 2016 - 23:55, said:

I'm not actually defending Collum, per se... I'm attacking the notion that he can be as bad as people like Michael Stewart are building a vandetta out of claiming, even now saying he's Scottish tier 2 material, when he's spent years in the European referees bracket and been selected for Euro 2016.

It is simply preposterous to suggest that someone is Scottish Championship material yet keeps getting selected for major FIFA and UEFA fixtures. Even the previous "worst referee in the Premiership" stuff was clearly plain daft.

In the course of 2015 he officiated 2 CL knockout ties, 3 CL groupstage games, the Supercup, several internationals and was 1 of 18 officials selected for Euro 2016.

I also think it is being taken rather too far. Criticising decisions is fair but it's going beyond that into a personal campaign against Collum, who is unable to respond to what seem to be increasingly personal attacks. It's going too far, IMO, which I find distasteful.

It's really not, he's pish.

How do FIFA and UEFA track the performance of referees in domestic leagues? How often, if at all, do they send officials to monitor their performances?

If they're forced to select using the judgement of national associations and a much smaller set of European/international performances to directly assess, then it wouldn't be surprising at all if some duds slipped through the net.

How do FIFA and UEFA track the performance of referees in domestic leagues? How often, if at all, do they send officials to monitor their performances?

If they're forced to select using the judgement of national associations and a much smaller set of European/international performances to directly assess, then it wouldn't be surprising at all if some duds slipped through the net.

Shuggie Dallas monitors Scottish football for them and Collum is his golden child since that c**t Thomson fucked up in the Semi's a couple seasons back.

I'm not saying that there's a paedophile ring running Scottish football and Willie Collum has proof but it's a more credible theory for his presence in France this summer than the idea that he's good at his job

Weird you say that.

In a recent discussion about Mr Collum it was put to me that if he was so bad why is he going to the Euros?

I replied that he must have photos of everyone at the SFA at a gay orgy with underage boys.

Last night during that Jimmy Calderwood interview they said, more than once, that we got to the League Cup final in 2004. Calderwood never corrected them mind, and also claimed that Noel Whelan played under him (Whelan played a total of 4 minutes for the club after signing in 2006, 2 years after Calderwood had left).

Last night during that Jimmy Calderwood interview they said, more than once, that we got to the League Cup final in 2004. Calderwood never corrected them mind, and also claimed that Noel Whelan played under him (Whelan played a total of 4 minutes for the club after signing in 2006, 2 years after Calderwood had left).

Whelan did play for Jimmy Cupranol whilst at Aberdeen IIRC.

I find Jimmy's tenure at Aberdeen a bit of a curates egg. I didn't want him, but his results made me pipe down. I think it's easy to forget what a shambles we were before he arrived and how bad it got under McGhee (who I really rated) after he left.

However, I could also see that we were beginning to stagnate, and prophetically, he was probably right about his 'shelf-life'.

I still can't bring myself to completely dislike him, even though he is a button.

Yours

aDONis

I've always liked Jimmy Calderwood, he's a good, old fashioned style Scottish manager who gets the best out of what is at his disposal, not to mention a very down to earth guy. I'd have him at Fir Park in a heartbeat and indeed I reckon he should have been at the very least a serious contender when both Baraclough and then McGhee got the job.

Bearing in mind what happened at Kilmarnock, Calderwood's mewling about being 'frozen out' is pretty poor.

That's a good point, a lot of potential employers might have been totally turned off him by that carry on.

Funny Sportsound never brought that up in conversation...