Sportsound Watch

Pat bonner in a Chris Sutton type meltdown over Leigh Griffiths booking.

It's left to Dougie vipond to explain the referee can't just not book Celtic players.

The slavering clown should be nowhere near a mic. He couldn't get any more excited every time Celtic score if he tried.

How do people like Bonner get these jobs? Surely it's because he's pissed all his money up against a wall and offered to do it for peanuts?

Chris Sutton is embarrassing on BT sport as well, can barely make sense most of the time.

Bonnet just appeared out of nowhere a couple of years back. I think he's clearly got 1. Debts and 2. A pal at the BBC because he offers absolutely nothing of any insight. I realise that he's not alone in that (Michael Stewart,etc) but at least Stewart has a fairly high social media presence to explain why he's on the telly.

I agree with your points though. Bonner must have flung himself at the BBC out of desperation. Surely they're not paying him much.

Or the the BBC went looking for a new "Celtic-minded" pundit as a replacement for Murdo MacLeod who seems to have reduced his radio work drastically in the past couple of seasons.

Of course, they couldn't simply find any Scottish ex-pro - the Celtic-Sevco balance must be maintained at all times.

Michael Stewart at least seems to have some knowledge of players and teams in the league and not just the old firm.

I agree with your points though. Bonner must have flung himself at the BBC out of desperation. Surely they're not paying him much.

Yeah, I think Stewart is ok when compared to the rest of the pundits. Think he (along with others) should stop being quite so neutral and offer personal opinions. Instead of summarising what we already know.

Alan shearer on MOTD is probably comparable. Bit of a donut but at least gets tore into teams/players/managers if they've done something that requires such.

They have somehow managed to shoehorn even more Celtic/Sevco/Oldco shite in. They have that awful new feature 'Team mates' and the next one is Hugh Dallas and some other who I forget.

Basically they just talk about officiating an (old) old firm game and wanking over the players.

I might just give this one a miss.

Basically they just talk about officiating an (old) old firm game and wanking over the players.

I might just give this one a miss.

Nah, it'll be great! Hilarious anecdotes about what happened in old firm games twenty years ago, with creeping references to players using their first names only? What's not to like?!

Mulreaney on there talking a pile of utter pish. Having that weapon on the working group is absurd. When did he become the spfl spokesman? How many greasy notes and golf club membership did that cost him?

He's stunningly out of touch going by the bollocks he was spaffing. He seems to think there is some huge issue with crowd trouble and that women and kids are in danger at games. He appears to be under the impression that there are loads of fans with flares and smoke bombs, despite the facts stating that across all 4 domestic competitions this season (and indeed in all 4 of them individually*) the amount of incidents with flares/smoke bombs at games is less than 1%.

*I'm counting all 4 leagues as one competition, but again if you split them down the percentage is less than 1%.

He also thinks that a ludicrously expensive system (facial recognition) will solve this non existant problem. Why this new expensive system somehow means that those offenders will be punished despite the fact that currently they can easily be identified by CCTV and stewards/police yet are rarely punished is a mystery.

He sounds like one the folk who think all fans were glad to see all seater stadium.

Was quite funny today when the line to Tannadice was lost, putting Richard Gordon off-air.

We were then left listening to what sounded like a creepy phone call from Pat Bonner to Sandra Brown before Jonathan Sutherland stepped in to keep things going.

Was quite funny today when the line to Tannadice was lost, putting Richard Gordon off-air.

We were then left listening to what sounded like a creepy phone call from Pat Bonner to Sandra Brown before Jonathan Sutherland stepped in to keep things going.

"err Hello, Richard? Richard? You asking me that? Richard you there?"