Sportsound Watch

43 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Tam McManus was talking about this on OTB on Saturday.

He said Pressley was forever trawling newspapers and message boards for stuff to stick on the dressing room walls at Falkirk

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Why do people keep saying Boyd was right about Cathro? He wasn't.

Boyd's argument was that Cathro wouldn't be respected by the players. Yet when he went in he clearly was. He got some big performances, notably reeming Rangers and Motherwell and the players were on board. Even Nicholson spoke up for Cathro after he went to America. Nicholson had left and had no reason to hold back if he wanted to have a go at him. Cathro's problem clearly wasn't respect in the dressing room.

Cathro's problem was that he wasn't very good at building a team or making the most of what he had tactically.

That is absolutely not what Boyd was banging on about. So why does everyone keep going on about him being 'right'? Whether a manager will succeed or not is a 50/50 call. Boyd got the 50/50 right but not for the reason he predicted. Nobody seems willing to challenge the narrative that 'Boyd called it', but he didn't.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Boyd clearly has it in his head that he needs to play some rabid moron character that says 'outrageous' things to 'get folk talking'. 

What a slobbering cretin.

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Boyd is just a horrible pundit. He makes some good points at times but his manor is so aggressive and tabloidesque he just irritates me.

Boyd is attempting to copy Sutton's 'i tell it like is' thing and making a kunt of it. The guy couldn't handle the championship ffs.

7 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's not in the least childish Bennett.

The rubbish about crowds needs challenged every time, because it's simply wrong.

It actually is, I've really no idea why something so ridiculous could get so much attention from three pundits. Surely there are more important issues in Scottish fitba...

They don't want to get it. They want to continue to push the propaganda

Correct.

It’s fucking nauseating this idea of ‘the natural order’.

How often do you hear English football pundits upset that Bournemouth are doing well in the premier league? Or do they talk it up as something to be proud of.

Here? Nah, look at the empty seats.

They won't be able to get it because they have the Old Firm mindset which, as we all know, involves the whole world revolving around the bigot brothers as they are absolutely all that matters. Trying to introduce the real world to them is impossible mainly because it doesn't exist to them.

See also SFA, SPFL and Scottish media in general.

Alex Rae is some guy. Trying to sound intelligent talking about what Michael O’Neill thinks, drinks and eats. I love how these guys want you to think that they know people better than the person knows themselves........without even having met them.

Alex Rae is some guy. Trying to sound intelligent talking about what Michael O’Neill thinks, drinks and eats. I love how these guys want you to think that they know people better than the person knows themselves........without even having met them.

"I don't know Michael at all but I tell you he will be itching to get into Club management"

What the actual F is the point of Alex Rae.

1 hour ago, 7-2 said:

They won't be able to get it because they have the Old Firm mindset which, as we all know, involves the whole world revolving around the bigot brothers as they are absolutely all that matters. Trying to introduce the real world to them is impossible mainly because it doesn't exist to them.

See also SFA, SPFL and Scottish media in general.

It is a question of that I'm afraid.  It's an incredibly resilient mindset, because it permits no actual thought, or consideration of evidence.

The most maddening bit was that although Stewart did alright, the idea of SPFL aggregate attendances now being well up, wasn't even challenged.  Rangers and Hearts got good gates outside the top flight.  It's not all about finance of course, but if it was, then lots of SPFL clubs benefited in that sense from where Hearts and Rangers found themselves.

The ignorance on display from Young and Boyd was bewildering.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Young and Boyd. [emoji23]

If you didn’t laugh you’d cry. Felt sorry for Michael Stewart.

How the f**k has Young made a career out of this.

I genuinely couldn't tell if Boyd and Young actually didn't get it, or if they were well aware of what Stewart meant but were trying to ignore it.

I genuinely couldn't tell if Boyd and Young actually didn't get it, or if they were well aware of what Stewart meant but were trying to ignore it.

It takes that long for the penny to drop with Boyd by the time it has he's shouted and dug his heels in that much he canna really climb down.

I listened to that last night.

My goodness.

I've defended Sportsound in the past, and genuinely used to enjoy listening to it. But recently it's become Radio Clyde-esque. It's like The Daily Record on the radio.

There's lots of good football listening available, why is that that for Scottish football we're stuck with rubbish?