Sportsound Watch

9 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

So ex professional footballers, who made a living out the game and played it daily for the majority of their lives.... don’t actually know anything about football.

emoji23.png

f**k sake.

ETA: there’s probably a reason that ex professional footballers make up the vast majority of football pundits, not just in Scotland either.

download.jpg.4dc7dd46af15cd6f79fa46a6472c6dbb.jpg

9 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

It's more important that the pundit is a big name 

This is exactly what's happening. I think it's an extension of the dumbed down celebrity culture we've been infected with. You basically now have to be considered some sort of name to get a media role. Sod being good, just be famous.

So ex professional footballers, who made a living out the game and played it daily for the majority of their lives.... don’t actually know anything about football.

[emoji23]

f**k sake.

ETA: there’s probably a reason that ex professional footballers make up the vast majority of football pundits, not just in Scotland either.

^ never listened to John Hughes

This is exactly what's happening. I think it's an extension of the dumbed down celebrity culture we've been infected with. You basically now have to be considered some sort of name to get a media role. Sod being good, just be famous.

Who’s the best pundit in your opinion, in Scotland??? And why?

7 hours ago, moniton said:

I'd like to hear Jose Quitongo, he at least goes to championship games & may be able to give a better insight than some ex-old firm jobber.

You've spelt "jobbie" wrong...

On 11/9/2017 at 03:05, Bairnardo said:

Well if you quoted two life events at me from 15 and 17 years ago which were similar to many hundreds of other life events I had participated in over that time period I cant say I would be guarateed to get the dates right tbh.

Bazza wasn't playing in the game that was mentioned. It actually says in the piece that the game finished 1-1. The wee Bazza started taking about being 2 nil down at half time.  I got a little confused at the time.

If John Hughes didn’t sound like some sort of mad teuchter Fermer he’d probably seem rather intelligent when talking about ‘fitbaw’.

He wouldn't

15 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

If John Hughes didn’t sound like some sort of mad teuchter Fermer he’d probably seem rather intelligent when talking about ‘fitbaw’.

Teuchter? He couldn't sound more like he was from Leith.

2 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Can someone tell Lambert.

For the fucking millionth time

Rangers IL were NOT DEMOTED

Christ almighty.

Paul Lambert is a dribbling idiot. He struggles to string a coherent sentence together, constantly talks down Scottish football and always peddles the ‘Scottish football needs a strong Rangers’ myth.

Its not difficult to see why Sportsound are so keen to offer him a platform to air his idiotic and ill-informed views.

Edited by Hammer Jag

3 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Paul Lambert is a dribbling idiot. He struggles to string a coherent sentence together, constantly talks down Scottish football and always peddles the ‘Scottish football needs a strong Rangers’ myth.

Its not difficult to see why Sportsound are so keen to offer him a platform to air his idiotic and ill-informed views.

He has always reminded me of brain damaged Rocky Balboa from Rocky 5.