Sportsound Watch

32 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Meant to bring this up, er, three months ago but at Christmas I was listening to the Off the Ball best-of-2023 programme (yes, there really was one). The had clips from a programme where KMaC and his brother were guests. Tam seemed over-eager to defend KMaC from complaints about a Rangers supporter presenting Sportsound.

That  of course, isn't the complaint most of us would make. For me there are two 1) Too much attention to the Old Firm (not the same thing as moaning about an OF-supporting presenter. That's inevitable, and supporting an Ugly doesn't necessarily mean your presenting will be biased) 2) Tabloidy, Radio Clydey, shouty, confrontation-encouraging presenting style. Jeremy Kyle Does ScorrishFooball.

I mind that episode.  Them and Ian McCall.  I was just really dull, just mates talking about how wonderful they all were and who was going to McCall's wedding and how much everyone respected McIntyre senior and how McCall remembered the brothers McIntyre as weans and on and on. Did not make for interesting radio.

Always good to be driving home from the football on a Saturday evening and getting a chance to hear Eye of the Tiger as chosen by Stuart McCall.

The fact that if I flicked over to the Spotify App on my dashboard, that there would probably be at least 200,000 tunes I would choose to listen ahead of it is neither here nor there. 

I listened to OAM once after they changed hosts and haven't listened to it since. Like another poster mentioned, I listen to 5 Live now if I'm not at the game. Steve Crossman is absolutely fantastic. 

On 15/04/2024 at 13:24, VincentGuerin said:

Just heard the "Giwatiletmespeak" McIntyre - Stewart interaction from Saturday.

Fucking hell.

Stewart lost the run of himself and should have handled it more maturely, but I can completely feel his pain on this one.

McIntyre is trying to present him as some massive Monty-Fan, when all Stewart is doing is making the point (a resonable one) that maybe Hibs might be better off concentrating on other things to change before emptying yet another coach. You can agree or disagree with that, but it's a fair enough viewpoint to have.

Stewart sounds completely at the end of his tether with McIntyre, and I think most reasonable people could see why. McIntyre is like a wee shite in the school playground running about trying to start arguments and cause fights. He's a fucking c**t.

Stewart basically called him out for being a p***k in this interaction. Tom English did similar over the Warnock thing a few weeks ago. McIntyre must be horrendous to work with. All he does is chase wind-ups, twist people's words, sensationalise their statements, and then try to make them into controversy. Think how draining it must be dealing with that week after week after week.

He's such a dreadul, dreadful host. BBC complaint sent. I know they'll ignore it, but I couldn't not.

Was it not McIntyre that threw Michael Stewart totally under the bus with the Jim Traynor debacle. Yes Stewart insinuated that Sevco were up to more shenanigans since he (Traynor) became involved with them but the way McIntyre made a huge deal about it and the way he white knighted Traynor was utterly pathetic. He was saying things like 'hes not here to defend himself!' well neither is just about everyone else they debate about. 

Edited by gannonball

53 minutes ago, A Diamond For Me said:

"These things happen" every week these days. 

The text equivalent of shrugging his shoulders. It's either a lack of self-awareness or he's broadly doing what he's being asked to do.

No Kenny Mac, sun shining, midweek game on Sportsound in the background, what could go wrong?

"Lets go to Brian McLaughlin who's been speaking to some Rangers fans outside the ground pre match"

"We'll win because we're Glasgow Rangers, it's as simple as that"

Smash Old School GIF by Mediatool

18 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Rory Loy sounds close to tears as he talks about Rangers toiling tonight.

Fucking delicious. I’m going to go back and listen to this tomorrow morning during my mid morning dump.

22 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Rory Loy sounds close to tears as he talks about Rangers toiling tonight.

I'd heard decent thing about him as a media man but hearing this, f**k him. I am sick of these types.

2 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

No Kenny Mac, sun shining, midweek game on Sportsound in the background, what could go wrong?

"Lets go to Brian McLaughlin who's been speaking to some Rangers fans outside the ground pre match"

"We'll win because we're Glasgow Rangers, it's as simple as that"

Smash Old School GIF by Mediatool

Aye. I came here to post that. I suppose it would be worthwhile IF they went and interviewed the same charmless bunch at full time.

That would be fun.