Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, ropy said:

I’ve only found it with Google, I don’t know if there is somewhere you can navigate to it.

In fairness it was only yesterday I found out it had that name. It's not an easy find but it can be found here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/stations

Why not an easy find? Well one would assume that on the main BBC Sounds landing page if I'm being advertised Radio Cymru 2 and Radio Newcastle then the BBC has exhausted its options of stations its worth showing me. 

Edited by Chefki Kuqi

16 hours ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

BBC Sounds and BBC Sport are both seriously shite.

This game comes on during Sportsound, clearly advertised to be happening. Yet at 6pm suddenly Radio Scotland defaults to the diddy shows with no clear option as to how to get to 'Radio Scotland Extra'.

Meanwhile BBC Sport are doing a live-text of the game but you can't even click on usual icon to listen.

They've gone to all this effort to get a broadcasting team with multiple co-commentators and pundits for a fixture with a reasonably exciting premise, yet most partially bothered radio listeners have been punted. So easily rectified too, amateur IMO. 

If you have Freeview, it's on BBC radio,ch 719.

It got put off in disgust yesterday afternoon. A sycophantic Old Firm wankfest. 

If they're not strumming themselves over the gruesome twosome they're greeting about fucking VAR at great length. 

Michael Stewart is an absolute joy vacuum, his act is so tiresome. 

On 22/02/2023 at 13:28, Salvo Montalbano said:

At least with Miller he'll often be assigned games at Tannadice or Dens or in the Highlands or whatever if Aberdeen aren't playing whereas Bonnar will very rarely, if ever, gets a game that doesn't involve Celtic.

Yeah, it's brilliant, we get to hear him clearly not giving a f**k about the game he's watching.

He's a fucking ham coloured tubestake of human being.

I thought Inverness' Scott Gardiner was quite pointed and funny- he clearly stated "There's not many sports journalists left in Scotland anymore" and "I know you guys are focused on the Premier League anyway". I get that he's not a popular guy in Inverness but fair play he came on and had the guts to recite a couple of the regular groans on this thread.

30 minutes on which Rangers fringe players to punt was excruciating though.

Sportsound needs a total clear out of these time served hacks and ex-pros taking a day off the golf course. I'd bring in Richard Gordon as caretaker for the rest of the season and would only retain Derek Ferguson (his enthusiasm for a dreich 0-0 at New Douglas Park as though it's a later stages Champions League game never fails to amaze me), Rory Loy and Leanne. Get the rest of them to f**k- put £100 behind the bar at Tennents on Byers Road and wave bye-bye.

Of course there's no chance whatsoever of awful numpties like Biscuits let alone the loathsome Weegie bluenose "Kenny Mac" being emptied. They really don't give a f**k what the listener thinks.

Richard Gordon 'retired' from Saturday shows due to his job at Cove. He can't do them even if they asked him back. However they won't ask him back as they have the product they want.

Poor show there's no programme tonight with such a massive game taking place in League One. 

It's nights like this that show just how much of a raw deal we get. You look down in England tonight and the local radio stations have commentaries from games right down the pyramid (and do so regularly).

Edited by The Master

39 minutes ago, The Master said:

Poor show there's no programme tonight with such a massive game taking place in League One. 

It's nights like this that show just how much of a raw deal we get. You look down in England tonight and the local radio stations have commentaries from games right down the pyramid (and do so regularly).

BBC Scotland 100 years old and they are  still stuck  in the 1920s

3 hours ago, The Master said:

On holiday in the Lakes once I went to see Penrith FC (Northern League). When I got into the car afterwards there was a report on BBC Cumbria live from the ground.

If there was similar local coverage in Scotland they'd all be frothing over the Old Firm.

3 hours ago, The Master said:

There were 5 in the top league on Saturday there. The BBC covered Rangers vs Kilmarnock only. The least important game out of the lot.

1 minute ago, StellarHibee said:

There were 5 in the top league on Saturday there. The BBC covered Rangers vs Kilmarnock only. The least important game out of the lot.

There was Open All Mics on FM. 

Oh, I see your point. 

On 06/03/2023 at 16:17, DA Baracus said:

Richard Gordon 'retired' from Saturday shows due to his job at Cove. He can't do them even if they asked him back. However they won't ask him back as they have the product they want.

Gordon will be back in a couple of years I reckon.   

6 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Gordon will be back in a couple of years I reckon.   

I doubt it.  MacIntyre being the anchor now means the transition to it being an OF fanzine is complete.  Well a Rangers fanzine, seeing as the Beeb are massive Unionists.  

43 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I doubt it.  MacIntyre being the anchor now means the transition to it being an OF fanzine is complete.  Well a Rangers fanzine, seeing as the Beeb are massive Unionists.  

...they don't even bother trying to hide it anymore.