Sportsound Watch

13 minutes ago, resk said:

It would be quite harsh to rename this thread something like "Sportsound (Tom English talking shite)" when his name already adorns the Terrible Journalism thread.  Harsh, but fair.   

Tom English has his own thread. Kenny Mac and Biscuits are c***s is far more appropriate 

3 hours ago, Darren said:

I have it on reasonable authority from someone who knows about rugby that he's clueless about that sport too.

He has exactly the same shtick when it comes to rugby.

There is nothing better than when Glasgow or Edinburgh cuff one of his beloved Irish provinces - his salty tears almost come right through the radio

49 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

He has exactly the same shtick when it comes to rugby.

There is nothing better than when Glasgow or Edinburgh cuff one of his beloved Irish provinces - his salty tears almost come right through the radio

Typical Irish rugby fan tbh

BBC Sounds and BBC Sport are both seriously shite.

This game comes on during Sportsound, clearly advertised to be happening. Yet at 6pm suddenly Radio Scotland defaults to the diddy shows with no clear option as to how to get to 'Radio Scotland Extra'.

Meanwhile BBC Sport are doing a live-text of the game but you can't even click on usual icon to listen.

They've gone to all this effort to get a broadcasting team with multiple co-commentators and pundits for a fixture with a reasonably exciting premise, yet most partially bothered radio listeners have been punted. So easily rectified too, amateur IMO. 

2 hours ago, miketheheadlesschicken said:

Kenny McIntyre after the games have finished: “Incredible afternoon. So many talking points”

Kenny McIntyre halfway through the first half: “What do you make of Peter Grant’s point that Celtic have tougher games in training than they do in the league?”

Similar when they brought Steven Thompson on to talk about Sportscene. "An incredible afternoon. So many talking points Thommo - why don't we start at Ibrix?"

Seconds after saying how it was a routine victory for Rangers, talking about how good Hibs looked at Livi and saying what a big win it was for Motherwell in Dingwall.

I had Sportsound on the car radio on the way to and back from Firhill today. The first half-hour was a fascinating insight into the merits of one team's entire playing squad, several of whom I've never heard of.  On the way home there was a quick read through of all the results between more comments from Ibrox. Just as well Celtic weren't playing today otherwise we would have heard even less about the rest of Scottish Football.

Richard Gordon used to always give a summary of results, scorers and league positions for all the Leagues and you would have at least some idea of how the season was going for every team. Now I scroll through P & B to find out what's happening with the other clubs.

I stopped buying newspapers after flicking past the first six pages of the Herald Saturday Sports Supplement devoted to Old Firm stories despite neither team playing that day and with a full League programme and a Scotland Rugby International. Listening to Sportsound might go the same way - I don't want to tune into McIntyre's tabloid fake controversy and Old Firm centred viewpoint.

Edited by Thistle Bonnet

1 hour ago, Thistle Bonnet said:

I had Sportsound on the car radio on the way to and back from Firhill today. The first half-hour was a fascinating insight into the merits of one team's entire playing squad, several of whom I've never heard of.  On the way home there was a quick read through of all the results between more comments from Ibrox. Just as well Celtic weren't playing today otherwise we would have heard even less about the rest of Scottish Football.

Richard Gordon used to always give a summary of results, scorers and league positions for all the Leagues and you would have at least some idea of how the season was going for every team. Now I scroll through P & B to find out what's happening with the other clubs.

I stopped buying newspapers after flicking past the first six pages of the Herald Saturday Sports Supplement devoted to Old Firm stories despite neither team playing that day and with a full League programme and a Scotland Rugby International. Listening to Sportsound might go the same way - I don't want to tune into McIntyre's tabloid fake controversy and Old Firm centred viewpoint.

“It’s been another big, big week for Scottish football”

”On today’s show we have some big, big games, but let’s start at Ibrox”…

10 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

“It’s been another big, big week for Scoddish football”

”On today’s show we have some big, big games, but let’s start at Ibrix”…

Couple of minor pronunciation corrections there.

It was actually hilarious. Going through their entire squad.  And they've won something like 14 out of 15 or 16 games or whatever. Why don't they call out the frankly pathetic behaviour of Rangers fans? I have no love (or hate) for Beale but he is shining like a paragon of virtue with his actions compared to the drooling hordes that view the goings on of the entity operating out of Ibrix.

They never stop telling us Radio Scotland can be found by talking to a spy-machine they call a 'smart speaker' or on whatever 'BBC Sounds' is. With an implicit 'If you're listening on MW810 or FM94.3, go away.'

6 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

They also mention something called BBC extra but I've got no idea where you find it. 

I’ve only found it with Google, I don’t know if there is somewhere you can navigate to it.