Sportsound Watch

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Whoever is on co-commentary has just spent five straight minutes talking about Dundee United selling young players too early.  Nothing to do with the game whatsoever. 

Craig Easton.

He also said earlier that Alex Baldwin was playing.

11 minutes ago, Moorie said:

Heard the run down for the show while picking my Dad up for the football today. Run down ending with a preview of the league cup final. Surely that could wait until tomorrow? 

I appreciate that they broadcast about Celtic/Rangers too much but it's the weekend of a national cup final ffs 

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I appreciate that they broadcast about Celtic/Rangers too much but it's the weekend of a national cup final ffs 

And you think if it was Hibs and Hearts tomorrow and Rangers and Celtic played this afternoon they would spend the last 40 mins of the show focused on the final?  Not a chance.

To be fair almost all of the chat before kick off was around the Premiership games. 

Indeed most of the discussion during Open All Mics was regarding the ongoing games, despite Macintyre's attempts to hype up tomorrow's game as some sort of stunningly unique event.

I was genuinely surprised at how little they spoke about the League Cup Final on the show.

Edited by DA Baracus

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I was genuinely surprised at how little they spoke about the League Cup Final on the show

889 pages into this thread and we are praising them for how little they spoke about a game that wasnt on yesterday.

That tells you more about our collective Stockholm Syndrome than Sportsound having some Mea Culpa moment imv...............

8 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

And you think if it was Hibs and Hearts tomorrow and Rangers and Celtic played this afternoon they would spend the last 40 mins of the show focused on the final?  Not a chance.

Probably not but it's what a 5 hr program the day before a cup final it hardly dominated it. I think sometimes people moan for the sake of moaning. The main focus was on Dundee Utd really iirc

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

To be fair almost all of the chat before kick off was around the Premiership games. 

Indeed most of the discussion during Open All Mics was regarding the ongoing games, despite Macintyre's attempts to hype up tomorrow's game as some sort of stunningly unique event.

I was genuinely surprised at how little they spoke about the League Cup Final on the show.

7 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Yeah, I was driving to Kilmarnock and fully expected to be pissed off by the afternoon's games being ignored but they weren't talking about the final at all at that point. 

Yeah I had on in the background all day but can't remember a massive amount about the cup final. A decent chunk at the end but they usually look forward to the Sunday games regardless at the end anyway.

Edited by gannonball

46 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Probably not but it's what a 5 hr program the day before a cup final it hardly dominated it. I think sometimes people moan for the sake of moaning. The main focus was on Dundee Utd really iirc

Yeah I had on in the background all day but can't remember a massive amount about the cup final. A decent chunk at the end but they usually look forward to the Sunday games regardless at the end anyway.

^^^ was raging they didn’t have an hour dedicated to John hartson vs Neil McCann in a game of ‘what rangers players would get in the Celtic lineup?!?!’ 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

^^^ was raging they didn’t have an hour dedicated to John hartson vs Neil McCann in a game of ‘what rangers players would get in the Celtic lineup?!?!’ 

I've had some insults thrown at me on here but insinuating that I like to listen to John Harrison is rather cutting